Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: ESPN Roundtable rips Martinez and NU

  1. #1

    ESPN Roundtable rips Martinez and NU

    The ESPN heads had a lot of negatives to report about the Huskers upcoming 2012 season. And they seemed to have fun doing it. This would be a nice motivational video for the coaches and team to watch. It would be great to prove them wrong.
    Until we become relevant again, the talking heads can laugh.

    http://www.huskermax.com/games/2012/vid/00/z14.html

  2. #2
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    66,837
    We have a lot to prove as we finished last year in disarray. No Spring Game to show changes in Martinez and others. Can't blame them for having that perspective as nothing has happened to alter it.
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno


  3. #3
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Just east of KC
    Posts
    2,511
    Yawn. I stopped caring what ESPN talking-heads had to say about a decade ago.

  4. #4
    Blackshirt
    RussianRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Area where you reside
    Posts
    14,537
    They didn't seem to say anything none of us were unaware of, I don't think they dug at em anymore than they do anyone else. They did say people thought they were gonna come into the B1G & run rough shod over everyone. Alot of people on this board had that same attitude. Again I think we are a year maybe 2 from being a force in the B1G.



  5. #5
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    66,837
    Preseason predictions put us 3rd in the division behind Mich and Mich St. Not alot to brag about there....but again, alot to prove.
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno


  6. #6
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    100,937
    I don't see MSU as a threat this year.

  7. #7
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    66,837
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    I don't see MSU as a threat this year.
    The biggest challenge is that we have to play them in East Lansing.
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno


  8. #8
    Blackshirt
    Ogahusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    14,944
    We aren't in the SEC and therefore not worthy of respect. ESPN has no shame. It's like trying to get them to say something bad about the Yankees or red sox
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

  9. #9
    Scout Team
    DuckTownHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,197
    Michigan is the toughest game on the schedule, IMO.

    Wisconsin and Ohio State look to be tough as well, but we get them early while the Badgers are still breaking in a new QB and the Buckeyes are still learning the Meyer Offense. Northwestern loses Dan Persa. Minnesota and Iowa should be wins. Michigan State loses Kirk Cousins.

    It's not a walk in the park by any stretch, but when you consider that our offense returns the Martinez-Burkhead-Abdullah combo, plus the WR Corps and the same coaching staff, I think we're in good shape. The real question for us is defense, but fortunately our opposition has the most questions on offense.

  10. #10
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    66,837
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    Michigan is the toughest game on the schedule, IMO.

    Wisconsin and Ohio State look to be tough as well, but we get them early while the Badgers are still breaking in a new QB and the Buckeyes are still learning the Meyer Offense. Northwestern loses Dan Persa. Minnesota and Iowa should be wins. Michigan State loses Kirk Cousins.

    It's not a walk in the park by any stretch, but when you consider that our offense returns the Martinez-Burkhead-Abdullah combo, plus the WR Corps and the same coaching staff, I think we're in good shape. The real question for us is defense, but fortunately our opposition has the most questions on offense.
    The NW backup did more damage to us last year than Persa did and we play in Evanston.
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno


  11. #11
    All Legend
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    17,375
    I'm still not used to how good we are, and believe we will get better. But ESPN will praise us again when our play is worth of it. I'm fine with that.
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

  12. #12
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Just east of KC
    Posts
    2,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post
    We aren't in the SEC and therefore not worthy of respect. ESPN has no shame. It's like trying to get them to say something bad about the Yankees or red sox
    Pretty much. This is nothing more than what ESPN has turned into, when it comes to commentary shows.

  13. #13
    Scout Team
    DuckTownHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,197
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    The NW backup did more damage to us last year than Persa did and we play in Evanston.
    I doubt Kain Colter. Yes, he had a banner game against Nebraska with 1 passing TD and 2 more on the ground.

    However, he did not score another single point the rest of the regular season. It wasn't until their bowl game against the Aggies that he finally found the endzone again. That included games against Rice, Minnesota and Michigan State.

    I realize he was also playing mop-up duty for Dan Persa, but his numbers were all over the map last year. If you look at the box scores, he was responsible for 50% or more of the total points in several games last year. We were also without Jared Crick by that time, and I'm willing to bet that Crick's presence would have helped to contain Colter better. If Pelini can dial up the pass rush in 2012, I see no reason why we can't steamroll Northwestern.

    Remember Taylor Martinez? The guy who dominated Oklahoma State in a Stillwater Shootout? Or ran over KState? Yeah, that's the same guy who choked against Wisconsin and Oklahoma in the Big 12 CCG. Colter is much the same.

  14. #14
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    Yawn. I stopped caring what ESPN talking-heads had to say about a decade ago.
    Great point...some people base their entire opinion based on espn. There were several things said in that roundtable that were just flat out wrong (especially by Robert Smith and Desmond Howard). Jesse Palmer is the only guy on espn worth listening to when it comes to college football.

  15. #15
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Just east of KC
    Posts
    2,511
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    Remember Taylor Martinez? The guy who dominated Oklahoma State in a Stillwater Shootout? Or ran over KState? Yeah, that's the same guy who choked against Wisconsin and Oklahoma in the Big 12 CCG. Colter is much the same.
    Don't you know Duck, NU players stay the same or regress during the offseason (except for the back-up QB's, they grow by leaps and bounds), while NU's opponents are filled with players that show steady progression between seasons.

  16. #16
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,697
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    Michigan is the toughest game on the schedule, IMO.
    Actually, I think we'll bury Michigan. The blowout from last year had more to do with 5 special teams miscues than it did with Michigan. They had a charmed season last year and will lose 4-5 games this year.

  17. #17
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Just east of KC
    Posts
    2,511
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedOhio View Post
    Great point...some people base their entire opinion based on espn. There were several things said in that roundtable that were just flat out wrong (especially by Robert Smith and Desmond Howard). Jesse Palmer is the only guy on espn worth listening to when it comes to college football.
    I agree about Palmer. He's really grown as an analyst over the past couple of years. Robert Smith was fairly good a few years ago, but he got stuck in the ESPN sensationalism of anything and everything that goes on in CFB. Desmond Howard is just flat horrible. If his name was Derek Howard, he would be getting Fowler's coffee.

  18. #18
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    66,837
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedOhio View Post
    Actually, I think we'll bury Michigan. The blowout from last year had more to do with 5 special teams miscues than it did with Michigan. They had a charmed season last year and will lose 4-5 games this year.
    I think it was 7 special teams miscues.....but maybe the number is growing over time.
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno


  19. #19
    Scout Team
    HuttoHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hutto Texas
    Posts
    3,464
    They actually insinuated the reason Bo riped T-Mart at the AM game was because of performance. They rip T-Mart pretty good and were laughing at him. I hope T-Mart and the whole team watch this and come out with their hair on fire this season.... GBR

  20. #20
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    I agree about Palmer. He's really grown as an analyst over the past couple of years. Robert Smith was fairly good a few years ago, but he got stuck in the ESPN sensationalism of anything and everything that goes on in CFB. Desmond Howard is just flat horrible. If his name was Derek Howard, he would be getting Fowler's coffee.
    Haha Derek Howard is classic! Howard is awful though...shocking how little he gets it sometimes. Jesse Palmer actually bases his opinions on facts and reality...Desmond Howard and Robert Smith seem to just pull things out of the air.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •