Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's going to see The Avengers this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    And there's a book of sorts with all the plot spoilers that most have read:

Your point? =)
    I've seen it all a million times.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

Quote Originally Posted by redmachine View Post

I went to see it today with a bunch of friends, some of them geeks like I .. some not comic book fans at all. On a scale of 1 to 10 not one person went below a 9. I wouldn't waste your money on 3d though, but the story was great, action fantastic, lots of humorous dialogue.

You don't need to be a comic book geek to enjoy this movie, and they finally did Hulk right as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    I really am burned out on comic book adaptations, but being a former comic book geek and a current Joss Whedon fan I am delighted with the positive buzz on this one and can't wait to take the kids on Sunday. Basically sounds like this thing rocks.
    It did and your kids will love it as will you Showman.. I took your advice years ago on a post you made about Firefly and Serenity, Whedon did a fantastic job on this one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I went to the theatres....been quite a few years now.

I just wait for the DVD/netflix to come out.

Cheaper than to pay for parking, popcorn, pop and movie ticket. Can pause the DVD at anytime for a bathroom break or other interruptions and subtitles are the best!
    Most of the time I follow this but for movies like this I do like to hit the big screen, although I go before noon so I get a discount.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by statman29 View Post
    they finally did Hulk right as far as I'm concerned.
    Hulk Smash! nuff said

SuperFan
    they finally did Hulk right as far as I'm concerned.
    They got him right in The Incredible Hulk, actually.. Just expanded on him in The Avengers.

SKI-U-MAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    They got him right in The Incredible Hulk, actually.. Just expanded on him in The Avengers.
    Well I will agree that they got closer with the Incredible Hulk, the first Hulk was bad for sure. I'm thinking though I like Mark Ruffalo as Banner the best.

Recruit
    I'm going with my prayer group today - lunch at 12:30, movie at 2 p.m. - My youngest daughter saw it Friday and loved it. To warm up, I re-watched "Captain America" last night. The Marvel Comics team REALLY knows how to make great movies. Also, I'm curious to see if I can spot the Stan Lee cameo he does in all the Marvel Comics movies. I think if I could be anybody with any job, I might want to be Stan Lee with his job. I think this guy has fun for a living.
    "I'm not allowed to argue with you until you've paid."

All Legend
    I haven't seen Capt America, Hulk, Thor or Ironman 2...but I did see Avengers today and really liked it. Might have to go find those other movies,,maybe not Ironman 2, but the other three.

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by HZKRFAN View Post
    Hulk Smash! nuff said
    Puny God...nuff said (had to google it because everyone was laughing and I couldn't hear what he said)

Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    I haven't seen Capt America, Hulk, Thor or Ironman 2...but I did see Avengers today and really liked it. Might have to go find those other movies,,maybe not Ironman 2, but the other three.
    Thor was decent. I thought The Incredible Hulk (the one with Edward Norton) was better than Hulk (Eric Bana). Still haven't seen Captain America myself.

pray for me ;)
    Seeing it in just over an hour with the family.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Jury View Post
    I'm going with my prayer group today - lunch at 12:30, movie at 2 p.m. - My youngest daughter saw it Friday and loved it. To warm up, I re-watched "Captain America" last night. The Marvel Comics team REALLY knows how to make great movies. Also, I'm curious to see if I can spot the Stan Lee cameo he does in all the Marvel Comics movies. I think if I could be anybody with any job, I might want to be Stan Lee with his job. I think this guy has fun for a living.
    Stan's got a nice little cameo, I'm sure you'll see it.

Quote Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
    Really, you can say that about any genre. Good vs Evil is pretty standard stuff going back, oh, I dunno, a few years at least. But when it's well done, it can be a lot of fun. As I said above, I'm a little burned out on the genre itself too but this is easily the best of the Marvel Studios movies. If you like big summer action movies, you'll enjoy this plenty.

It did and your kids will love it as will you Showman.. I took your advice years ago on a post you made about Firefly and Serenity, Whedon did a fantastic job on this one as well.
    Glad you enjoyed those Whedon works too! It's funny, we were noting today (me in my Avengers t-shirt, wife in her Browncoats t-shirt) that you can see Whedon hallmarks all over the place in The Avengers, yet if you don't know him from Adam (like the majority of moviegoers, no doubt) it wouldn't make a bit of difference in your enjoyment of the film.