Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Drinko De Mayo

Intellectual Patriot

Drinko De Mayo

Any big plans?

I will be doing a little dance as any day that the French army was defeated is reason for dance.

I will not be partaking of tequila. Would you guys take care of my share for me?
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    Any big plans?

I will be doing a little dance as any day that the French army was defeated is reason for dance.

I will not be partaking of tequila. Would you guys take care of my share for me?
    Anything for a HM friend - consider it done! Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Dude, not only that but it's Derby Day...I'm thinking mint julep margaritas. Oooh, then I'm thinking vomit.

towel boy
    Any big plans?

Your legs sure must be tired.

Head Lackey
    Why is there a holiday for Mayonnaise?

Why don't we celebrate ALL the condiments?

("Today is Quatro de Mustard! Let's Party!")
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dead Redemption View Post

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.

This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

Blackshirt
    Iggy beat me to it Squatch, You'd be dancing your arse off for awhile. Anyways Im going to Howards Charro & eat myself skinny!!!

Sitting just quietly under the cork tree, smelling the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dead Redemption View Post

French military losses. Dijon mustard. Causal relationship? You be the judge.

Any big plans?

Remember that year we did belly shots of tequila? Definitely a top 5 day of all time.

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawn View Post
    Remember that year we did belly shots of tequila? Definitely a top 5 day of all time.
    And you doubted me when I said the lint added flavor and the I could fit 4 doubles in my button.

silly boy
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Head Lackey
    And you doubted me when I said the lint added flavor and the I could fit 4 doubles in my button.

silly boy
    "Mint julep?"

"No, I said 'lint, you lick'..."
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Intellectual Patriot
    Cinco De Mayo and The Kentucky Derby on the same day. Wow, someone is going to get drunk and roast a horse in their backyard.

I love fan mail.

silly boy
    and now I listen to all you way without ever questioning. it seems to have worked out well for you in the long run.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawn View Post
    and now I listen to all you way without ever questioning. it seems to have worked out well for you in the long run.
    Put the bourbon down.

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Put the bourbon down.
    I type real time, including any current slurring of speech

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.

This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.
    Cheesey de Poste... But I liked it!!!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller