Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Nebraska going to be back?

Varsity

Is Nebraska going to be back?

Schik & Nick have been discussing Martinez and him being the answer to this question.

Played a round table discussion (not sure who it was as I came in at the end) where's they were going "all in" on Martinez's throwing motion and mentioning that Martinez took a huge step back. Schik & Nick argues that they don't think he took a step back other than the big plays on the ground.

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_pl...allsign=KOZNAM

Nick mentioned that he think's Martinez's decision making has gotten better. I think that is debatable but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

Husker Immortal
    I think that this has been discussed quite a bit on this board. However, I don't see any reason at this time to be overly optimistic regarding the progress of Taylor and our offense. I wish we would have had a spring game. I was looking forward to seeing what our offense could do in that game.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by carrolltonsker View Post
    I think that this has been discussed quite a bit on this board. However, I don't see any reason at this time to be overly optimistic regarding the progress of Taylor and our offense. I wish we would have had a spring game. I was looking forward to seeing what our offense could do in that game.
    True......I agree. I just thought it was weird that I tuned in and that was the subject being discussed. As I was driving to my office they were interviewing Bill Cosby. I sign onto my computer and that was the subject. I was wondering did something recent happen where as Martinez has showcase his progression or lack of in some workout or something. Why would that be a subject being discussed at the moment?
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Schik & Nick have been discussing Martinez and him being the answer to this question.

Played a round table discussion (not sure who it was as I came in at the end) where's they were going "all in" on Martinez's throwing motion and mentioning that Martinez took a huge step back. Schik & Nick argues that they don't think he took a step back other than the big plays on the ground.

Nick mentioned that he think's Martinez's decision making has gotten better. I think that is debatable but that's just me.

Martinez's throwing motion is soon becoming a mythical Husker legend, right up there with Mike Stunz's Girlfriend

Cake or Death?

I'm confused, are they saying he took a huge step back last season in passing or a huge step back this offseason?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

Varsity

dont listen to their rapola !!!!! Really dont listen to UFC either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
    I'm confused, are they saying he took a huge step back last season in passing or a huge step back this offseason?
    Shick and Nick were discussing the college game day bash fest that happened yesterday I believe....they didn't feel that Taylor had any regression last season but does need to improve in several areas. Although I do agree Taylor needs to improve for us to be successful, I wouldn't say he regressed last season.

But to answer your question Game day stated that Taylor took a huge step back last season..

Cake or Death?
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.I.Am Husker View Post
    Shick and Nick were discussing the college game day bash fest that happened yesterday I believe....they didn't feel that Taylor had any regression last season but does need to improve in several areas. Although I do agree Taylor needs to improve for us to be successful, I wouldn't say he regressed last season.

But to answer your question Game day stated that Taylor took a huge step back last season..
    OK, just watched that clip. I think they are correct in that there needs to be improvement. It's weird though, there are times last year watching Taylor where I felt like he had improved and was making his reads, yet at other times, and especially in the running game I felt like he had regressed. This year will tell the tale IMO, second year in this system, 3rd year as starter, now's his time to shine, he needs to go grab it.

I agree with Will.I.Am that Martinez did not necessarily regress last season. There were forces that worked against the entire Husker team last year. It was our first year in the B1G Ten. The offense was implementing a new system by Tim Beck (big learning curve). We opened up conference play and got blown out. Taylor played poorly in that game but so did the whole team. Jared Crick and Dennard were hurt. The defensive secondary was a mess at times. We had little or no pass rush in many games. The list goes on.

I like our chances to improve upon the 9-4 record of last season. Taylor clearly will have a better grasp on the playbook as will his teammates. The Huskers also will know what to expect in terms of conference play. The schedule is difficult once again, but it looks like it will be tough every year in the B1G Ten.

Husker Immortal
    Nebraska is back. Bo said so two years ago.

Red Shirt

The embarrassing losses to Wisconsin and Michigan have everyone thinking we had problems adjusting to the Big 10. That was not the case at all imo... This team would have had some bad losses in any conference last year. The coaching was not great last year and the experience level was low with the players.

Huskers finish 12-1 this year...IF the coaching improves and we avoid major injury issues.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedOhio View Post
    The embarrassing losses to Wisconsin and Michigan have everyone thinking we had problems adjusting to the Big 10. That was not the case at all imo... This team would have had some bad losses in any conference last year. The coaching was not great last year and the experience level was low with the players.

Huskers finish 12-1 this year...IF the coaching improves and we avoid major injury issues.
    I'd take that...but those are a couple of big if's. The road games to Columbus, East Lansing, and even Evanston will be a challenge and Mich, Wisky and Penn St at home will be no gimmes either.
    "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less." C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Impaler:931644

OK, just watched that clip. I think they are correct in that there needs to be improvement. It's weird though, there are times last year watching Taylor where I felt like he had improved and was making his reads, yet at other times, and especially in the running game I felt like he had regressed. This year will tell the tale IMO, second year in this system, 3rd year as starter, now's his time to shine, he needs to go grab it.
    I agree his running game dropped off quite a bit. This will be the year to take the training wheels off. There is no more excuses for him. But i will say the espn gameday crew went to far with the criticism. It might have been true but it was very unprofessional.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by IMfanFORnu View Post
    Martinez's throwing motion is soon becoming a mythical Husker legend, right up there with Mike Stunz's Girlfriend
    I'm confused by that comparison. Was Mike Stunz's girlfriend all crooked and awkward?

(And who is/was Mike Stuntz?)
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal:931783
    Quote Originally Posted by IMfanFORnu View Post
    I'm confused by that comparison. Was Mike Stunz's girlfriend all crooked and awkward?

Ask Oklahoma

Scout Team
    No way she was/is a thing of beauty. Really something to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”
    Samuel Adams

Scout Team
    Ask Oklahoma
    Or Tommy Lee

Red Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    I'd take that...but those are a couple of big if's. The road games to Columbus, East Lansing, and even Evanston will be a challenge and Mich, Wisky and Penn St at home will be no gimmes either.
    I agree the road game to Columbus and East Lansing will be challenging...especially Columbus. However, I think we'll bury Wisky, PSU and Michigan next year at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post

Yes, Mike Stuntz, glad your noticed .

The reference was in regards to topics that get extremely heavy coverage on message boards, but translate little into results on the field

Cake or Death?
    I agree his running game dropped off quite a bit. This will be the year to take the training wheels off. There is no more excuses for him. But i will say the espn gameday crew went to far with the criticism. It might have been true but it was very unprofessional.
    I agree with you, time to let him go and sink or swim, if he can't improve this year then......

Just wondering in regards to ESPN, would you feel the same if they said the same things about, say, a Chase Coffman? Or if TM played for say USC? I am not saying you would, but just curious, as I think a lot of Husker fans are hyper-sensitive with ESPN.