Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Dobson Honor/Weightroom

Dobson Honor/Weightroom

Dobson gets an award for hanging around the weight room long enough:

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/vi...Strength-Coach

Now it's about time he begins putting some muscle on the O-Line, don't you think?

Big 12 Champs
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDent#2 View Post
    Dobson gets an award for hanging around the weight room long enough:

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/vi...Strength-Coach

Now it's about time he begins putting some muscle on the O-Line, don't you think?
    I'm confused, two guys that are projected starters for us on the OLine are listed as the strongest on the team???

Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    I'm confused, two guys that are projected starters for us on the OLine are listed as the strongest on the team???
    That's future potential your speaking of. I haven't seen much these past few years and although these projected starters may be strong, you need 5 strong mothers out there, not just two. IMO

Junior Varsity

That's future potential your speaking of. I haven't seen much these past few years and although these projected starters may be strong, you need 5 strong mothers out there, not just two. IMO
    One is a junior and one is a senior...still confused....

Scout Team
    I see our guys getting pushed around on both sides of the ball. I'm not sure if it's technique, strength, or line coaching, but we need to dominate again like we use to in the good ol days.

Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    I see our guys getting pushed around on both sides of the ball. I'm not sure if it's technique, strength, or line coaching, but we need to dominate again like we use to in the good ol days.
    My sentiments exactly. They've looked soft.

Starter

Only when compared to the old days.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    Only when compared to the old days.
    Which of course will always be in the rear view mirror.
    "Even hayseeds like ourselves get to put our 2 cents in now. Truthfully most of us could not coach ourselves out of a paper basket."
    ---Russian Red

Junior Varsity

I'll agree a little bit...

I think Henry dominated, as did Williams when he was healthy. Long has his moments. But Caputo wasn't going to maul anyone over. And the DLine will never "over power" anyone using the 2 gap scheme. If we get a 0 yard run in this scheme, it's like a 5 yard loss.

I am intersted to see Choi and Long this year as well as see what a center over 5'8 can do. As much as i've heard his footwork was the best they've ever seen, he was still small. I just want to fire out and smash people. I don't think it's Dobson's weight program that prohibited that. But that's just my opinion.

Scout Team
    I'm a bit more confident this year in our Oline but cautiously confident. The Dline just looks Blah, I hope coach Kaz brings more toughness. GBR

Red Shirt

Agreed Hutto, I think the OL is good for another 30-40 yd/game avg of offense, I think the DL will be better as a unit, but have no stars, no crick, or suh, If they can stay healthy, I think they allow about 30 yd per game less in rushing over the whole season. I dont think you can measure wins and losses in yds per game, but its understandable where im going with this. If our offense can be 10% better, and our defense 10% better, then we create more seperation and our odds of winning another game or 2 this year go up, ( so long as the turnovers are average.)
    That gov't is best, which governs least -- Thomas Paine

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Power of Corn View Post
    Agreed Hutto, I think the OL is good for another 30-40 yd/game avg of offense, I think the DL will be better as a unit, but have no stars, no crick, or suh, If they can stay healthy, I think they allow about 30 yd per game less in rushing over the whole season. I dont think you can measure wins and losses in yds per game, but its understandable where im going with this. If our offense can be 10% better, and our defense 10% better, then we create more seperation and our odds of winning another game or 2 this year go up, ( so long as the turnovers are average.)
    10% better on both sides of the ball would be great... lets hope we exceed 10% and really start playing Husker football. I think 2013 is going to be our best year in a while (i know it's always next year). GBR

Junior Varsity

I'm telling everyone right now, Rome will show glimpses of a Peter brother. Both in play and motivation on and off the field. Watch for him. Our DLine will be good. With Meredith and Steinkuhler coming in to their 3rd year starting, Rome in my prediction will be our best DLinemen, and if we can have someone come in their own at the other DE spot we will be a lot better than people think. Ankrah essentially started last year and this will be his second year. Unfortunately, no one is going to see our DLine in the backfield with TFL's against the running backs in our scheme.

If you remember back to my post after coaches clinic, Pelini and Papuchis say 2 and 3 yard runs are "part of the deal" in a 2 gap defense where you are using 7 men instead of 8 to stop the run.