Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Huskermax BBS Top 25.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    In.

But I worry that participants will rank NU much too high rather than remaining unbiased. Poll voters should post a brief justification with their votes. I don't want to see a 3 loss Nebraska ahead of an undefeated Texas, no matter how badly we want that to be.

Gotta stay impartial.
    Probably not totally possible, as bias is inevitable, but reasonably realistic is a good goal.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

All Legend
    PM this is a great idea and you may not like my thought here but I was thinking that you should work in a bit of a twist when you publish the poll. When I was young, the polls generally only published a "Top 10" which was later changed to the "Top 20" and subsequently was made the "Top 25." It seems to me that if you first published the "Top 10" rather than the "Top 25" it might generate a bit more interest and comments among fans as it is a much bigger deal for a team to be left out of the Top 10 than the Top 25. You could post the Top 10 on Monday and follow it up on Tuesday or Wednesday with the full Top 25.

Husker Immortal
    I don't want to be one so I can bitch and moan about the selections. had to get that out of the way.

Need to organize this fast.

Get the mods to agree to make it a sticky in football
    select 10-25 folks
    see who volunteers, if not enough pick somemore, if too many have David make the final cut or whatever.

what else?

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    PM this is a great idea and you may not like my thought here but I was thinking that you should work in a bit of a twist when you publish the poll. When I was young, the polls generally only published a "Top 10" which was later changed to the "Top 20" and subsequently was made the "Top 25." It seems to me that if you first published the "Top 10" rather than the "Top 25" it might generate a bit more interest and comments among fans as it is a much bigger deal for a team to be left out of the Top 10 than the Top 25. You could post the Top 10 on Monday and follow it up on Tuesday or Wednesday with the full Top 25.
    You're just a big tease GFOA.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    In.

But I worry that participants will rank NU much too high rather than remaining unbiased
    . Poll voters should post a brief justification with their votes. I don't want to see a 3 loss Nebraska ahead of an undefeated Texas, no matter how badly we want that to be.

Gotta stay impartial
    I would be in too. Agreed though!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    No way! We aren't the BCS. If there is another or more deserving team, they should get consideration.
    Lol, that is exactly the reaction I thought I'd hear. That's fine, but it IS PM's poll...so he gets to set the rules, even if you and I might disagree with them.

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    You're just a big tease GFOA.
    It's my only charming quality.

Husker Immortal
    since we have relationships with KLIN and USC now we should get them to speak to this poll once its released and give the HM poll rating before any of the others.

Husker Fan

I'm in.

Husker Fan

Also, I will be watching all the games and doing my due diligence in submitting my ballots: won't have my SID do the filling out.

Starter
    Good idea - would love to participate.
    The life you lead is the life you teach!

Scout Team
    Yes, public voting is a good idea. You don't have to post a justification for every team, but it might not hurt to be proactive.

For example, if you have an undefeated Sun Belt team like Troy ranked #3 halfway through the season, you might want to explain rationale.
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

There is No Place Like Nebraska.

Red Shirt
    Should be interesting and lots of fun. Can't wait to trash the pollsters!!

All Legend
    PimpMario, when will you assemble your pollster team?

God of Huskermax

#1 every week.....Red Phoenix.