Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huskermax BBS Top 25.

Red Shirt

Huskermax BBS Top 25.

I have always wanted to put together my own poll. I have always done my own rankings and it is a lot harder than most realize.

I am proposing this: a Huskermax BBS poll. We get 10-25 dedicated pollsters and every week they submit a poll and then I could tabulate the results and post the HMBBS poll.

The format would be similar to other points. The #1 team gets 25 points and the number #25 teams gets 1 point.

Rankings would be due by Monday sometime.

I think it could really be fun not only for the people who want to submit rankings but for the posters to get to rip our rankings apart.

Husker Immortal
    This is a great idea. We should also think about giving the HuskerMax Heishman.

Red Shirt
    This is a great idea, and count me in (if deemed amonst the hallowed "top 25" posters - I'm not even close!).

The best idea is if these poster are identified, and allowed to give a short reason for their opinion.

Great idea, Pimpy.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    HuskerMax Heishman.
    Great Idea. That is a lot easier to do since you only rank 5 players and it is done only once. But we should do that.

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpMario View Post
    I have always wanted to put together my own poll. I have always done my own rankings and it is a lot harder than most realize.

I am proposing this: a Huskermax BBS poll. We get 10-25 dedicated pollsters and every week they submit a poll and then I could tabulate the results and post the HMBBS poll.

The format would be similar to other points. The #1 team gets 25 points and the number #25 teams gets 1 point.

Rankings would be due by Monday sometime.

I think it could really be fun not only for the people who want to submit rankings but for the posters to get to rip our rankings apart.
    Fantastic idea. I would gladly volunteer to participate.

#1 Husker Fan
    nm.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

#1 Husker Fan
    Nevermind, I think I got it, I had to read it more than twice. I think its a great idea. Especially with all the biased people on here!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Husker Immortal
    I'm willing to add my bias to the mix. Just a couple of thoughts.

Are you sure you want to start it as other preseason polls, or wait until October after a month of games have been played?

As a pollster, I'm not for just sliding preselected teams up and down based on the week's wins and losses. A team needs to earn its spot every week, so I would not be opposed to seeing big moves up and down.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Lets make this happen. It would definitely make for some good debates and comparisons with the actual polls. Who knows, maybe in a few years ESPN will be waiting each weekend for the new Huskermax Top 25 to come out.

Blackshirt
    The biggest question is "will all the HUSKERMAX pollsters agree to vote the BCS champion #1?"

Will PM require it?

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    The biggest question is "will all the HUSKERMAX pollsters agree to vote the BCS champion #1?"

Will PM require it?
    No way! We aren't the BCS. If there is another or more deserving team, they should get consideration.

Scout Team
    In.

But I worry that participants will rank NU much too high rather than remaining unbiased. Poll voters should post a brief justification with their votes. I don't want to see a 3 loss Nebraska ahead of an undefeated Texas, no matter how badly we want that to be.

Gotta stay impartial.

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    In.

But I worry that participants will rank NU much too high rather than remaining unbiased. Poll voters should post a brief justification with their votes. I don't want to see a 3 loss Nebraska ahead of an undefeated Texas, no matter how badly we want that to be.

Gotta stay impartial.
    I don't think that the pollsters should have to "justify" anything. But their votes should be published and they should be prepared for other posters to be critical.

I'm in.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I don't think that the pollsters should have to "justify" anything. But their votes should be published and they should be prepared for other posters to be critical.
    I agree the votes should be published.

No way will their be an undefeated Texas., anyway.