Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Julia

Oh my!

Who is Julia

It seems the Obama campaign has put together a interactive tool that shows how Obama policies and Romney campaign policies would affect Julia's life. Nothing like stoking the flames of the Republican War on Women...
    http://www.barackobama.com/life-of-julia

What bothers me the most about this thing is if I read this right, Obama's policies see the government as taking care of Julia from when she is born to when she is dead. So is that the new Democratic vision, the government taking care of your every need?
    Go Government Go!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Oh my!
    Looks like no one wants to comment on Julia...
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Administrator

Who is Julia

A lot on the left feel that way. I don't have issues with those type of programs as long as responsibility is a key factor.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskermedic View Post
    A lot on the left feel that way. I don't have issues with those type of programs as long as responsibility is a key factor.
    Responsibility of? for? That can be interpreted a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    It seems the Obama campaign has put together a interactive tool that shows how Obama policies and Romney campaign policies would affect Julia's life. Nothing like stoking the flames of the Republican War on Women...

What bothers me the most about this thing is if I read this right, Obama's policies see the government as taking care of Julia from when she is born to when she is dead. So is that the new Democratic vision, the government taking care of your every need?
    Go Government Go!
    Desperate times call for...Julia!

Husker Immortal
    Who needs to work? I'll go live with Julia.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Administrator
    Responsibility of? for? That can be interpreted a lot of ways.
    Let's see, a girl that is single living on welfare that keeps having kids with different men is not responsible. To fix that you limit the amount of kids you can claim on taxes and welfare. You would have to grandfather everybody that has kids already in if you were to limit that.

For people like me that have been responsible we will still need help paying for college. My issue with that is instead of trying to make college cost less they just keep dumping tax payer money in to funds to help people pay for it.

I think the best thing is to turn over all these entitlement programs over to the states over time and drop the fed tax rates since the states would have to increase theirs to pay for them. But they would be manged better in the long run.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

Junior Varsity

Go Government Go!
    Nothing more really needs to be said, except insert the word mythical after "the" in bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Who needs to work? I'll go live with Julia.
    Sugar Momma, Sugar Daddy, Sugar Prez.

Husker Immortal
    It would help to know which Julia were talking about.

or

Husker Fan

Scout Team

Is it scary to anyone that this shows Obama being in office for the next 64 years?

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    Is it scary to anyone that this shows Obama being in office for the next 64 years?
    Term limits don't apply to him.

Husker Fan

not me.

Husker Immortal
    By then, he'll be as old as Castro.