Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: What is this?

Junior Varsity

What is this?

Not sure if this is real or a farce. Kinda praying for the later, but that is because I am probably a good candidate for re-education

http://info.publicintelligence.net/U...settlement.pdf

Somewhat makes sense if this was strictly used inside Congressionally declared battlefields; However, in post NDAA time, the world is a battlefield and the language in this document refers to operation within the U.S.

10-40. Resettlement operations typically include controlling civilian movement and providing relief to
    human suffering. These operations may be performed as domestic civil support operations (due to natural
    or man-made disasters), stability operations (due to noncombatant evacuation operations, humanitarianassistance
    operations), or DC operations (due to combat operations). The authority to approve resettlement
    such operations within U.S. territories is at the Secretary of Defense level and may require a special
    exception to Title 18, USC (Posse Comitatus Act). The Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the U.S. military
    from enforcing civilian laws within the United States or its territories without specific authorization. The
    U.S. Constitution and other federal, state, and local laws may directly and significantly affect operations in
    the U.S. and its territories if the enforcement of civilian laws are required according to Title 10, USC. U.S.
    military forces conducting law enforcement functions in such cases require an authorization through a
    congressional act (for example, Title 10 USC, Sections 331 through 334 [Insurrection Statues]) or a
    constitutional authorization (for example the President invoking his executive authority under Article 2 of
    the Constitution). U.S. Army National Guard Soldiers operating in a nonfederal status are not restricted by
    the Posse Comitatus Act. (See Title 32, USC, and JP 3-28.)
    It acknowledges PCA, after indicating the RO's require Sec. of Defense authority with special exception.

Scary times, at least for this old trial lawyer trying to defend the tattered U.S. Constitution which is lying lifeless on the ground.

Husker Immortal
    government is a serious thing and needs to be watched closely

OK, so fill me in. When are the resettlement operations going to begin? Who's going to be resettled? Also, why are they putting their resettlement handbook on the internet? I'm no evil mastermind, but that doesn't seem wise to me. I don't think they should be publishing documents that expose their nefarious plans before they begin executing on it, and this one has been around since 2010.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Administrator

What is this?

In cases like Katrina or Joplin mo the military was needed for policing after the disaster. That is when things like this is needed.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskermedic View Post
    In cases like Katrina or Joplin mo the military was needed for policing after the disaster. That is when things like this is needed.
    Having spent considerable time in SW MO and knowing people who survived both the Joplin and Pierce City tornadoes, I have heard no one in the area say they had to be taken to relocation camps, let alone go through any re-education programs.

I understand using the national guard to help during natural dissasters, but this document is talking about way more than that.

You combine this with NDAA and the power that the U.S. government is grabbing, so clearly in violation of almost ever sacred constitutional principal we have, should cause great concern.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    OK, so fill me in. When are the resettlement operations going to begin? Who's going to be resettled? Also, why are they putting their resettlement handbook on the internet? I'm no evil mastermind, but that doesn't seem wise to me. I don't think they should be publishing documents that expose their nefarious plans before they begin executing on it, and this one has been around since 2010.
    You are asking the wrong guy. It is not my document.

I am just oppossed to anything called "relocation camps" and "re-education programs" being used on the U.S. people for any reason, because my reading of the U.S. Constitution leads me to believe that the government does not have the authority to do such things in violation of people's rights. But that's just me.

I was hoping it was a farce, but it is looking like it is an actual document.

The questions you have should be directed towards your elected officials who, either condone this sort of domestic planning, or are unware of it.

Party like it's 1985!
    Welcome to a brave, new world...thank you Patriot Act and Bush 2.0.

Having just been to a DHS-related meeting dealing with animal disease and bioterrorism...they are contingency planning for EVERYTHING.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Party like it's 1985!
    We have become everything we were fighting against in the Cold War.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlimit View Post
    Having spent considerable time in SW MO and knowing people who survived both the Joplin and Pierce City tornadoes, I have heard no one in the area say they had to be taken to relocation camps, let alone go through any re-education programs.

I understand using the national guard to help during natural dissasters, but this document is talking about way more than that.

You combine this with NDAA and the power that the U.S. government is grabbing, so clearly in violation of almost ever sacred constitutional principal we have, should cause great concern.
    Not sure about Katrina but there were re-location camps in Joplin. It was called tent city I think. It was for all the people that did not have a place to stay that needed one. Anyway I think the term re-location camp is what is scary. We can't let the word scare us but how it is used. In the case of Joplin it was used for the right reasons. In the case of WWII it was not used for the right reasons.

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

Red Shirt
    I read nothing more into this than if some kind of disaster either natural (Katrina) or man made (meltdown) requires a populace to be relocated to a safer location. It requires at a minimum the Secretary of Defense to enact something like and likely a Presidential order. Also if Federal soldiers are involved they either can not enforce civilian laws or would need special authorization to override the act that was mentioned. But National Guard troops acting in a non-federal manner that act does not apply.

I must have missed the part about re-education camps. But I guess if the Federal level help is needed to relocate a population from a disaster then re-establishing education would be needed.
    The trouble with weather forecasting is that it's right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it. ~Patrick Young

Quote Originally Posted by skernado View Post
    I read nothing more into this than if some kind of disaster either natural (Katrina) or man made (meltdown) requires a populace to be relocated to a safer location. It requires at a minimum the Secretary of Defense to enact something like and likely a Presidential order. Also if Federal soldiers are involved they either can not enforce civilian laws or would need special authorization to override the act that was mentioned. But National Guard troops acting in a non-federal manner that act does not apply.

I must have missed the part about re-education camps. But I guess if the Federal level help is needed to relocate a population from a disaster then re-establishing education would be needed.
    Good post. I did a search of the document for the term "reeducation" and came up with a grand total of 4 hits, each of which was talking about detained Islamic terrorists and the notion of bringing in moderate muslim Imams to teach the peaceful tenets of Islam. Can't say I have a problem with that concept.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Quote Originally Posted by Huskermedic View Post
    Not sure about Katrina but there were re-location camps in Joplin. It was called tent city I think. It was for all the people that did not have a place to stay that needed one. Anyway I think the term re-location camp is what is scary. We can't let the word scare us but how it is used. In the case of Joplin it was used for the right reasons. In the case of WWII it was not used for the right reasons.

Good post. It seems to me that in a post 9/11 and Katrina world the government should have some sort of contingency plan for various natural and man-made disasters. A dirty bomb or nuclear explosion would potentially require the relocation of hundreds of thousands if not millions of people in a quick and orderly manner, and all of those people would need to have a place to stay. Kudos to the government and the army for engaging in basis preparedness training.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    Welcome to a brave, new world...thank you Patriot Act and Bush 2.0.

Having just been to a DHS-related meeting dealing with animal disease and bioterrorism...they are contingency planning for EVERYTHING.
    Look how everybody reacted during Katrina (especially the left)....you wonder why they are doing it. Again there is nothing wrong with it but planning for it and pulling it off is two different things. From my experience dealing with the feds on planning is they just put it on paper but never test it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Good post. It seems to me that in a post 9/11 and Katrina world the government should have some sort of contingency plan for various natural and man-made disasters. A dirty bomb or nuclear explosion would potentially require the relocation of hundreds of thousands if not millions of people in a quick and orderly manner, and all of those people would need to have a place to stay. Kudos to the government and the army for engaging in basis preparedness training.
    I like said in another post, they plan for it but never test it. With Katrina that was such a big disaster that nobody could have a plan in place that would have helped. It was just too big. They knew that too with a test they did run. Most of the issues came from the local level but they were never given the money from Congress to put a proper plan in place. As well if the City government or even the Governor of the state had completely emptied a city of people and nothing would have happened they would have been destroyed politically. You can never win.