Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 75

Thread: Why it matters that Obama dated a composite and ate a dog

  1. #31
    Guest
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    I'll do just one:

    National average for gas, Summer 2008: $4.00+
    National average for gas today: ~$3.85

    From "Hope and Change"...to 15 cents pocket change. You summed it up nicely.

    If campaigning for Obama means haggling over 15 cents, well, one- I'm not surprised and two, it's a distraction from the big picture.

    Which may be why you took a swing at just one.

  2. #32

    Why it matters that Obama dated a composite and ate a dog

    Sorry cohusker. YOU stated that part of his record is higher prices for fuel. I pointed out that that isn't necessarily the case. You might not be impressed with $.15 savings on gas prices. But that's not his campaign message. It's just the facts to prove your statement is wrong.

  3. #33
    God of Huskermax

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    58,799
    Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    I love that you use my stuff after I destroy your argument. I'm right AND you flatter me, it's like a double whammy!

  4. #34
    God of Huskermax

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    58,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    Sorry Omahusker. YOU stated that part of his record is higher prices for fuel. I pointed out that that isn't necessarily the case. You might not be impressed with $.15 savings on gas prices. But that's not his campaign message. It's just the facts to prove your statement is wrong.
    It was COsker not Oma.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    Sorry Omahusker. YOU stated that part of his record is higher prices for fuel. I pointed out that that isn't necessarily the case. You might not be impressed with $.15 savings on gas prices. But that's not his campaign message. It's just the facts to prove your statement is wrong.
    It was COsker not Oma.
    sorry Omahusker. Thanks RP

  6. #36
    Moderator
    redmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    7,439
    self delete
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

  7. #37
    Moderator
    redmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    7,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    I'll do just one:

    National average for gas, Summer 2008: $4.00+
    National average for gas today: ~$3.85
    But prices were under $2.00 when Obama took office in January of 2009. They had bottomed out after your summer 2008 amount.

    http://www.GasBuddy.com/gb_retail_pr...aspx?city1=USA

    So, I'd say fuel prices have definitely increased since he's been in office.

    The dumb graph link won't copy properly. Just do a 4-year query.

    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

  8. #38
    Gas prices in the Atlanta area have dropped $.30 in the last few weeks. Time to blame Obama for cutting into Big Oil Company profits.

  9. #39
    Guest
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    Sorry cohusker. YOU stated that part of his record is higher prices for fuel. I pointed out that that isn't necessarily the case. You might not be impressed with $.15 savings on gas prices. But that's not his campaign message. It's just the facts to prove your statement is wrong.
    (What is it with the caps stuff...YOU). I know what I said, thank...you.

    Yes, part of his record is higher prices for fuel. Pointing out that at some point in the summer of 2008 that gas was $4 or so a gallon, and that right now, it's $3.85...compares now to what you may have found as a high point in the summer of 2008. Prices at some point this year have been over $4 per gallon. So I don't see your comparison as a 'fact' disproving anything.

    But good to know that's the biggest problem you have with my high-level assessment of Mr. Obama's results.

  10. #40
    Guest
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,295
    "You make a big election about small things."- Candidate Barrack Obama, 2008.

  11. #41
    Guest
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,295
    Quote Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
    But prices were under $2.00 when Obama took office in January of 2009. They had bottomed out after your summer 2008 amount.

    http://www.GasBuddy.com/gb_retail_pr...aspx?city1=USA

    So, I'd say fuel prices have definitely increased since he's been in office.

    The dumb graph link won't copy properly. Just do a 4-year query.

    Thanks RM for posting.

    I suppose a guy could cherry-pick dates, but it certainly does look like the 'trend' is higher from when Mr. Obama took office.

  12. #42
    Junior Varsity
    HuZkurZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    Why did FOX allow they to be ignored at all?
    Why don't you research that and get back to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

  13. #43
    God of Huskermax

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    58,799
    Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    Why don't you research that and get back to me.
    Smart move since your research keeps getting destroyed.

  14. #44
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    75
    It's now officially comical how some of you think the Executive Office has that much control over the price of gasoline, much less macroeconomics on a global scale.

  15. #45
    Travel Squad
    Husker Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    9,350
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    His autobiography was thoroughly vetted and discussed ad nauseum. The reason these issues weren't raised four years ago is that they are complete non-issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    A point that is absolutely untrue. A point that is undermined by the fact that these supposedly "unknown" issues were publicly available for anyone to read in a best-selling book. Hillary and McCain's campaigns, between the two of them, thoroughly vetted Obama's background, and the media was more than happy to cover everything they came up with. Have you forgotten about the Tony Rezko house deal, Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, or the birth certificate?

    The difference between Obama and Palin is that Obama's background withstood the scrutiny and Palin's did not. The nomination of Palin was a colossal mistake that may have cost McCain the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    If only we hadn't been so distracted by his muslimness and non-citizenship, then maybe we would have gotten around to these extremely important matters...

    ...really? Is the assertion REALLY that Obama's background has been insufficently researched up to this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Wow... Huzkurz, I clearly remember both of those issues - past associations and lack of leadership and experience - being raised repeatedly by his opponents - Hillary during the primaries and the Republicans during the general campaign. I clearly remember them both - because I read about them - in the mainstream media!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Husker View Post
    It's now officially comical how some of you think the Executive Office has that much control over the price of gasoline, much less macroeconomics on a global scale.
    Feels like the cafe is turning a corner. Excellent points all.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •