Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why it matters that Obama dated a composite and ate a dog

Quote Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
    But prices were under $2.00 when Obama took office in January of 2009. They had bottomed out after your summer 2008 amount.

http://www.GasBuddy.com/gb_retail_pr...aspx?city1=USA

So, I'd say fuel prices have definitely increased since he's been in office.

The dumb graph link won't copy properly. Just do a 4-year query.

Thanks RM for posting.

I suppose a guy could cherry-pick dates, but it certainly does look like the 'trend' is higher from when Mr. Obama took office.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    Why did FOX allow they to be ignored at all?
    Why don't you research that and get back to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    Why don't you research that and get back to me.
    Smart move since your research keeps getting destroyed.

It's now officially comical how some of you think the Executive Office has that much control over the price of gasoline, much less macroeconomics on a global scale.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    His autobiography was thoroughly vetted and discussed ad nauseum. The reason these issues weren't raised four years ago is that they are complete non-issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    A point that is absolutely untrue. A point that is undermined by the fact that these supposedly "unknown" issues were publicly available for anyone to read in a best-selling book. Hillary and McCain's campaigns, between the two of them, thoroughly vetted Obama's background, and the media was more than happy to cover everything they came up with. Have you forgotten about the Tony Rezko house deal, Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, or the birth certificate?

The difference between Obama and Palin is that Obama's background withstood the scrutiny and Palin's did not. The nomination of Palin was a colossal mistake that may have cost McCain the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    If only we hadn't been so distracted by his muslimness and non-citizenship, then maybe we would have gotten around to these extremely important matters...

...really? Is the assertion REALLY that Obama's background has been insufficently researched up to this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Wow... Huzkurz, I clearly remember both of those issues - past associations and lack of leadership and experience - being raised repeatedly by his opponents - Hillary during the primaries and the Republicans during the general campaign. I clearly remember them both - because I read about them - in the mainstream media!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Husker View Post
    It's now officially comical how some of you think the Executive Office has that much control over the price of gasoline, much less macroeconomics on a global scale.
    Feels like the cafe is turning a corner. Excellent points all.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Where exactly did you live during the last few Republican administrations?

otherwise "official" now is just a little slow to the jump....

My point is--and was--you like to see more, and bigger, positive trends for $5 trillion....

Quote Originally Posted by COsker View Post
    Where exactly did you live during the last few Republican administrations?

otherwise "official" now is just a little slow to the jump....

My point is--and was--you like to see more, and bigger, positive trends for $5 trillion....
    thanks for defining the criteria that is appropriate to measure the impact of Obama as president--namely from first day in office to right now.

When Obama took office the market was at 805.22. Today its about 1391.57.

That is a 57% increase.

thanks for defining the criteria that is appropriate to measure the impact of Obama as president--namely from first day in office to right now.

That is a 57% increase.

Well there you go then, $5 trillion well-spent.

It's gotta hurt that the very thing the left despises, the root of all evil (after all, "Big Oil" is a driver, see link below) filled with unscrupulous victimizers who cheat and don't share well with others, is a liberal President's "accomplishment".

But it does show American's resolve despite their handicaps.

Keep searching!

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/...nsform-the-nse

That is a 57% increase.

Well there you go then, $5 trillion well-spent.

It's gotta hurt that the very thing the left despises, the root of all evil (after all, "Big Oil" is a driver, see link below) filled with unscrupulous victimizers who cheat and don't share well with others, is a liberal President's "accomplishment".

But it does show American's resolve despite their handicaps.

Keep searching!

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/...nsform-the-nse
    You can make up reasons why people aren't happy about the market being up 57%, but everyone who believes in capitalism knows that the market is a true live measure capitalism success or failures.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    Whether or not they are non-issues is not the point. The point is he didn't get the same scrutiny Sarah Palin did as a VP candidate.

whaaaaaaaaa

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Heisman

Palin was fully vetted physically.

Congratulations!! You figured it out.

Now stop making media fairness comparisons between Obama and Palin. It's a complete waste of time and you're on the wrong side of the argument. As Nishioka pointed out, if she had been properly vetted, she wouldn't have gotten within 500 miles of the VP nomination.

Your time would be better served finding more photos to use in your posts.

All Legend

Thanks RM for posting.

I suppose a guy could cherry-pick dates, but it certainly does look like the 'trend' is higher from when Mr. Obama took office.
    You do realize why the prices bottomed in '08, right?

I hope the "trend" continues.
    "We need education in the obvious more than investigation of the obscure."

"If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Congratulations!! You figured it out.

Now stop making media fairness comparisons between Obama and Palin. It's a complete waste of time and you're on the wrong side of the argument. As Nishioka pointed out, if she had been properly vetted, she wouldn't have gotten within 500 miles of the VP nomination.

Your time would be better served finding more photos to use in your posts.
    Link?
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Heisman

Link?
    it's an opinion, dude.

Link?
    I like your pictures better.

Are you one of those Gieco people living under a rock?

If you want a link to something that's been written about by countless pundits and talked about for nearly four years, use your Google machine. You'll get a bunch of links.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    Palin was fully vetted physically.
    it's an opinion, dude.
    Your time would be better spent working on your attempts at comedy........ slap.jpg

Heisman

Your time would be better spent working on your attempts at comedy........ slap.jpg
    newsflash, I wasn't doing any comedy, just stating my opinion. be what it is. get a life.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    I like your pictures better.

Are you one of those Gieco people living under a rock?

If you want a link to something that's been written about by countless pundits and talked about for nearly four years, use your Google machine. You'll get a bunch of links.
    Wait a minute 57 said it was just your opinion

Junior Varsity
    newsflash, I wasn't doing any comedy, just stating my opinion. be what it is. get a life.
    Good, becasue it wasn't funny at all.

Are you sure? Because you thought it was only RBB's opinion and you were wrong, apparently. slam.jpg