Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twins suck!

6th year Redshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    Used him too much in his rookie campaign (especially for a converted pitcher w/o a huge track record) and had to have elbow (?) surgery. Was never the same after.
    That, and he has about the worst mental makeup of any professional athlete I've seen. He has no ability to clamp down and focus, especially after adversity. If he gives up a first inning run you can pretty much bank that he'll come unraveled and give up 5 or 6 more and be done after 3 innings.

Message Board Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by McJack View Post
    That, and he has about the worst mental makeup of any professional athlete I've seen. He has no ability to clamp down and focus, especially after adversity. If he gives up a first inning run you can pretty much bank that he'll come unraveled and give up 5 or 6 more and be done after 3 innings.
    A buddy of mine that lives up there tells me that he wouldn't be surprised if they relased Liriano. Apparently the local press is upset with what theys see.

Blackshirt
    Have now gone 15 straight innings without a hit (think about that for a second), the rotation has a collective ERA of 7.06, they own the worst record in mlb, and are on pace to lose 121 games.

Going to be a looooong looooong season for my team
    Someone needs to fix the thread title.
    Make it "Royals suck!"
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Husker Fan
    I also heard some commentators on MLB Network suggesting that his delivery completely exposes what pitch is coming to the batter.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor View Post
    Someone needs to fix the thread title.
    Make it "Royals suck!"
    Well, if you push it, maybe it can be changed to: Twins & Royals suck!!!
    GO BIG RED!

6th year Redshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by izzycohen View Post
    A buddy of mine that lives up there tells me that he wouldn't be surprised if they relased Liriano. Apparently the local press is upset with what theys see.
    yeah, he's been pretty much getting bbq'd on local sports radio. We'll see how the move to the pen works out. His slider is all-world, but it's useless when he keeps getting behind in the count and can't use it. I don't think he'll be released, he will still hold some trade value for a pitching coach willing to take a flier and try to get in his head.

6th year Redshirt
    oooo, won 2 in a row on the road vs. detriot. Break 'em up!

Added something called PJ Walters to the rotation, look out now.

Recruit
    Here's a great article as to why exactly the Twins really suck right now:

http://www.twinkietown.com/2012/3/29...last-ten-years

They just haven't drafted very good....At all....

The minor league cupboard isn't completely bare, but all the talent is in the low minor leagues....Sano and Rosario could both be very good players for the Twins down the line....They need Gibson and Wimmers to come back healthy....Hendriks has a chance to be good.....Guerra is on fire after his move to the 'pen.....And guys like Hicks, Arcia, Morales, Harrison, etc, are really young, but REALLY talented.....We need a stud in the draft this year at 2, and we have 4 more after that in the top 70 which we need to turn into some quality players.....We need to turn that high pick next year into a stud too...
    "There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it. " - Nicky Santoro

"All things end badly, or else they wouldn't end. " - Brian Flanagan

6th year Redshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Drozz View Post
    Here's a great article as to why exactly the Twins really suck right now:

http://www.twinkietown.com/2012/3/29...last-ten-years

They just haven't drafted very good....At all....

The minor league cupboard isn't completely bare, but all the talent is in the low minor leagues....Sano and Rosario could both be very good players for the Twins down the line....They need Gibson and Wimmers to come back healthy....Hendriks has a chance to be good.....Guerra is on fire after his move to the 'pen.....And guys like Hicks, Arcia, Morales, Harrison, etc, are really young, but REALLY talented.....We need a stud in the draft this year at 2, and we have 4 more after that in the top 70 which we need to turn into some quality players.....We need to turn that high pick next year into a stud too...
    Good article, albeit a bit painful to read. I think they've relied a bit too much on HS kids as well. Baseball players are hard enough to project as it is, let alone trying to forecast what an 18 yr old's major league chances are.

From what I've read, most GM's/scouts are calling this year's draft the weakest talent pool in recent memory. Which is not an encouraging thought given our many needs.

Junior Varsity
    Don't look now, but the Twinkies have won three in a row. That, my friends, is called a streak.
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb

Husker Immortal
    At 24-35 they still suck, as in the worst in the AL, but not as bad as the Cubbies and Padres suck in the NL.
    "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less." C. S. Lewis