Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twins suck!

6th year Redshirt

Twins suck!

Have now gone 15 straight innings without a hit (think about that for a second), the rotation has a collective ERA of 7.06, they own the worst record in mlb, and are on pace to lose 121 games.

Going to be a looooong looooong season for my team

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by McJack View Post
    Have now gone 15 straight innings without a hit (think about that for a second), the rotation has a collective ERA of 7.06, they own the worst record in mlb, and are on pace to lose 121 games.

Tell us how you really feel, McJack!

Husker Immortal

ain't that the dying truth!!

6th year Redshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by CrnhskrBob View Post
    Tell us how you really feel, McJack!
    "so, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

that pretty much sums it up

pray for me ;)
    Its nice that the Royals have someone to look down at in the standings.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

6th year Redshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Its nice that the Royals have someone to look down at in the standings.
    I have hosmer and moustakas on my fantasy teams, so if the royals bury the twins I can at least take solace that those two are contributing to the can-opening.

Husker Immortal
    I watched them get hammered by the Orioles the second game of the season. It was like O's batting practice.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

pray for me ;)
    I have hosmer and moustakas on my fantasy teams, so if the royals bury the twins I can at least take solace that those two are contributing to the can-opening.
    Moustakas is certainly doing his part. Now, if we can just get Hosmer going. Semms to be swinging it better the last couple of games.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Husker Immortal
    I love the title of this thread.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    I watched them get hammered by the Orioles the second game of the season. It was like O's batting practice.
    seems like the O's has the Yankees' number the last couple seasons...

6th year Redshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    a lot of teams have been taking bp against the twins starters this year. shoot, liriano had a "decent" outing last time out (by decent I mean he didn't get run in the 2nd inning) and lowered his era to just 9.5.

6th year Redshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Moustakas is certainly doing his part. Now, if we can just get Hosmer going. Semms to be swinging it better the last couple of games.
    I hope so too, I already have him locked in my keeper league.

Travel Squad

Fellow Twins fan here. It seems like a team that used to be the best in the league in developing minor league talent is banking too much on free agents. Finally got Pohlad to open up the wallet a bit and this is the result?! Ouch.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

6th year Redshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    Fellow Twins fan here. It seems like a team that used to be the best in the league in developing minor league talent is banking too much on free agents. Finally got Pohlad to open up the wallet a bit and this is the result?! Ouch.
    yep. and to make matters worse, the minor league cupboard is almost completely bare. It didn't help that gibson needed tommy john, they needed an arm bad, but that is out of their control, but the other "uber-stud" farm boys, Revere and Hicks, have really failed to make it. I blame the system. Their insistence on keeping and promoting staff in-house led to bill smith, who pretty much brokered every deal gone bad. We got absolutely nothing in return for Johan, who at the time was one of the top sp in the game.

Souhan put it best in a strib column last season, the twins don't know how to deal with riches. The metrodome twins with their shoe-string budget would NEVER have made a play for nishi, but the target field twins felt they could jump into that market, and he was a colossal bust that they don't have the resources to cover up.

A few short years ago, the twins were a piece or two from being serious title contenders. Now they need 5 sp, serious bullpen help, and 3-4 new guys in the lineup with no help on the farm. How did they go from 1 or 2 needs to 9 or 10 so fast? Ryan has a helluva project in front of him.

Message Board Wizard
    Baseball fan here. I really don't know where the Twins went wrong. Apparently Bill Smith was a poor judge of talent. The club is absolutely bereft of pitching. There are 4-5 guys on the MLB roster that can hit. typically there are about 4 guys in the line up that belong in AAA.

It's going to take a while to turn this thing around. They will have draft picks. They have a 3rd baseman at single A that is a phenom. His name is Sano. I hope to see him play tomorrow.