Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 107 charged in $452 million Medicare fraud!

Scout Team

107 charged in $452 million Medicare fraud!

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...7-in-452m.html

Is anyone else interested in knowing who these folks plan to vote for?
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music!

Society Crazy Indeed
    well if in prison ...they wont be able to vote. Well of course unless the pubs repeal some of teh laws that were put in place before the last election on who can and can not vote

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Junior Varsity
    This is my big gripe with letting Uncle Sam handle redistribution programs - they lack the ability or interest in closely monitoring the payments. Glad this bunch got caught, but I'm sure they are only the tip of the iceberg. Just wait until Obamacare gets fully ramped-up to see full-blown incompetency and fraud.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    This is my big gripe with letting Uncle Sam handle redistribution programs - they lack the ability or interest in closely monitoring the payments. Glad this bunch got caught, but I'm sure they are only the tip of the iceberg. Just wait until Obamacare gets fully ramped-up to see full-blown incompetency and fraud.
    that sounds like a good argument to end Medicare. Let's get the government completely out of large-scale healthcare. Do you like that plan?

God of Huskermax

Who do you think these guys vote for?

http://www.wartimecontracting.gov/do...h3-highres.pdf

The Commission estimates that waste and fraud together range from $31 billion
    to $60 billion. Given the often chaotic environment in Iraq and Afghanistan, this
    is a conservative estimate of the money that has been lost through contingency
    contracting. The Commission estimates that at the mid-range, waste and fraud during
    contingency operations in Iraq and Afghanistan averaged about $12 million every day
    for the past 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    that sounds like a good argument to end Medicare. Let's get the government completely out of large-scale healthcare. Do you like that plan?
    Yuuup!

My guess would be Romney.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    My guess would be Romney.
    The guy that wears MOM JEANS???

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Who do you think these guys vote for?

http://www.wartimecontracting.gov/do...h3-highres.pdf

The Commission estimates that waste and fraud together range from $31 billion
    to $60 billion. Given the often chaotic environment in Iraq and Afghanistan, this
    is a conservative estimate of the money that has been lost through contingency
    contracting. The Commission estimates that at the mid-range, waste and fraud during
    contingency operations in Iraq and Afghanistan averaged about $12 million every day
    for the past 10 years
    They'll vote for Romney too.

Odd irony -- the folks smart enough to figure out these scams are usually pretty successful, and make a fair amount of money anyway. Thus, they're probably in the income bracket that'd see higher taxes under Obama, and since they're greedy cheats, they're going to want to keep as much of their own money as possible.

Since the OP asked a broad, generalized question, one that begs stereotyping, then I guess the most logical broad, stereotypical answer would be that people who are smart enough to cheat the government are smart enough to make a lot of money and want to keep as much of that money for themselves.

Score those votes for Romney, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    They'll vote for Romney too.

Odd irony -- the folks smart enough to figure out these scams are usually pretty successful, and make a fair amount of money anyway. Thus, they're probably in the income bracket that'd see higher taxes under Obama, and since they're greedy cheats, they're going to want to keep as much of their own money as possible.

Since the OP asked for a broad, generalized questions, one that begs stereotyping, then I guess the most logical broad, stereotypical answer would be that people who are smart enough to cheat the government are smart enough to make a lot of money and want to keep as much of that money for themselves.

Score those votes for Romney, no doubt.
    Cheater cheater, pumpkin eater... these guys were smart enough to get away with it. Al Gore stood to make a killing on the carbon credit market, since he owned it, but all that climate change legislation went up in a puff of smog.

Easiest thing with almost any political view is follow the money.

Anyone want a nice cup of Solyndra?

Junior Varsity

I DO like that plan.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker in Spokane View Post
    http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...7-in-452m.html

Is anyone else interested in knowing who these folks plan to vote for?
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    You guys DO realize that it is the Obama administration that has been assembling and prosecuting these fraud cases, right?
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    You guys DO realize that it is the Obama administration that has been assembling and prosecuting these fraud cases, right?
    And I am delighted that they are (though they seem to be uninterested in other prosecutions such as voter intimidation). Hope they do more.

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    You are right, that's good, considering they've continued to happen right under his nose.....

If I need a hearty laugh, I go back and watch footage of his campaign rallies and the soaring promises he made in 2007-08. Funny stuff, which is also good, as living with his results is depressing.

The Walking Red
    Why not consider just such a thing? It has the potential to provide overall better care, at lower costs and if done correctly, put people in more control of their long term health care decisions.