Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Millions in TV ads, but no poll movement for Scott Walker: Trails in new poll

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    1. Because they are partisan hacks.
    2. See number one.
    LOL 900,000 "partisan hacks?" Really?
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    LOL 900,000 "partisan hacks?" Really?
    LOL 900,000 "people who think Wisconsin is being destroyed." Really?
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Red Shirt

You do know that you and Chi seem to have overlooked that I originally said..."Wisconsin is being destroyed on a number of different fronts." If people don't agree with that in general, why would they have signed the petition?
    I live in Wisconsin and things seem to be pretty much OK.

I mean, I did get picked as a tribute. Nobody told me what that means, but I assume it is awesome, right??

I shudder at the precedent this recall sets. If my fellow Wisconsin-ites don't like Walker, we can certainly give him the old heave-ho at the next general election. I don't understand why a recall election should be used for somebody following the state Constitution. Who is to say the Republicans won't push to recall the next Democratic governor who passes a progressive agenda? In my opinion, this is a huge waste of time and money.

People signed the petition right down party lines. Don't kid yourself.

Also, I would like to know exactly how Wisconsin is being destroyed on "multiple fronts"? I would say that the public sector union was pretty well destroyed, but that is about all I've seen get destroyed around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Cube View Post
    I live in Wisconsin and things seem to be pretty much OK.

I mean, I did get picked as a tribute. Nobody told me what that means, but I assume it is awesome, right??

I shudder at the precedent this recall sets. If my fellow Wisconsin-ites don't like Walker, we can certainly give him the old heave-ho at the next general election. I don't understand why a recall election should be used for somebody following the state Constitution. Who is to say the Republicans won't push to recall the next Democratic governor who passes a progressive agenda? In my opinion, this is a huge waste of time and money.

People signed the petition right down party lines. Don't kid yourself.

Also, I would like to know exactly how Wisconsin is being destroyed on "multiple fronts"? I would say that the public sector union was pretty well destroyed, but that is about all I've seen get destroyed around here.
    See if horsey will step in for you. I think they still allow that.

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    Some because they believe WI is being destroyed, see #1 above.

Others because they are libs and want the pub out, see #1 above.

Others because they are public union members and don't like what Walker is doing, despite him being elected fairly and doing what he said he would do, see #2 above.

The facts from FBLS say he's on the right track and economic indicators support that. As I clearly demonstrated, other facts show Wisconsin is in dismal shape concerning jobs

What "other fronts" are you referring to?
    Social engineering such as huge cuts to public education while granting tax cuts to the rich and corporations.

http://www.politiscoop.com/us-politi...-families.html

and recently quietly repealing an equal pay law.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1407329.html

Those and other "fronts" is what I had reference to.

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    LOL 900,000 "people who think Wisconsin is being destroyed." Really?
    LOL Everyone who signed the recall are "political hacks?"Really?

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    See if horsey will step in for you. I think they still allow that.
    Well huzie this personalization is why I usually don't reply to you but I will not make that mistake again.

Social engineering such as huge cuts to public education while granting tax cuts to the rich and corporations.

http://www.politiscoop.com/us-politi...-families.html

and recently quietly repealing an equal pay law.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1407329.html

Those and other "fronts" is what I had reference to.
    Yes you did. Well, those maybe some things people don't like and maybe tough cuts to make, but if they are going to get out of debt and have a balanced budget, which is good for the majority of WI-ites, and is, again, far from destroying WI as you said.

Well huzie this personalization is why I usually don't reply to you but I will not make that mistake again.
    I see why you thought that. I was just playing along with the theme of hunger games. There really wasn't any malice intended sorry if thought there was. We can continue a civil discourse.

Heisman

Sorry I thought you meant there was no evidence of him traveling at all.
    Last time I looked, there wasn't anything illegal or unethical about traveling out of state. Heck, I think I've visited 46 of the 50 myself over the years!

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Last time I looked, there wasn't anything illegal or unethical about traveling out of state. Heck, I think I've visited 46 of the 50 myself over the years!
    Were you visiting those states to raise money to fight a recall? Never said he did anything illegal but perhaps doing partisan fund raising when you should be working instate might be considered unethical I suppose.

Heisman

Were you visiting those states to raise money to fight a recall? Never said he did anything illegal but perhaps doing partisan fund raising when you should be working instate might be considered unethical I suppose.
    And you have zero evidence that he's done that either. After all, I don't think he's required to work the entire 168 hours each week, is he?

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    And you have zero evidence that he's done that either. After all, I don't think he's required to work the entire 168 hours each week, is he?
    Either as in he has not traveled outstate and/or he has not raised money to fight a recall?? Because he most certainly HAS done both of those things. Don't expect him to work 168 hours a week but since when do governors travel around the country trying to raise money to save their political careers? If a Democratic governor pulled that, the right would scream to high heaven.

Either as in he has not traveled outstate and/or he has not raised money to fight a recall?? Because he most certainly HAS done both of those things. Don't expect him to work 168 hours a week but since when do governors travel around the country trying to raise money to save their political careers? If a Democratic governor pulled that, the right would scream to high heaven.
    Since they started getting subjected to unwarranted recalls despite no criminal wrongdoing. That's when.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Heisman

No, this:

Absolutely nothing wrong with either traveling out of state or raising money to fight a ridiculous and partisan recall effort which is also heavily infused with out-of-state interests.