Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 95

Thread: Millions in TV ads, but no poll movement for Scott Walker: Trails in new poll

  1. #31
    All American
    HuskerNCorpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    23,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    To say nothing of the time spent out of state drumming up these donations (at tax payer expense?) The righters scream foul when Obama does it but nary a peep when a Pub governor does it. IOKIYAR

    LOL. So you're wondering why no "righters" are criticizing a Republican governor for doing something that there's no evidence of him doing?

    Nice.
    N Riley I trust

    "No one in CFB I'd trust more with my son in his program than new NEB Coach Mike Riley." Brock Huard

  2. #32
    The Tech Support Guy
    Huskermedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    21,910
    This is my thing with this. Unions flat out lied on there TV commercials here in Ohio over SB5 which was Ohio's version of the Wisconsin bill.

    All these laws said was it gives the elected people the power to control what unions can get paid in salary and benefits.

    Some of the union guys I work with don't think the voters or the elected officials should have the say in what they get paid only the courts or (collective bargaining which is tipped in the union favor)

    So Red Reign and Warhorse:

    What is wrong with treating a union how the private sector is treated? That is all these laws are doing. Making it a level playing field.

  3. #33
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,661
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Yes, Warhorse, Wisconsin is in the process of being destroyed.
    Yes Chi according to about 900,000 Cheeseheads who signed the recall petition.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  4. #34
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,661
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    LOL. So you're wondering why no "righters" are criticizing a Republican governor for doing something that there's no evidence of him doing?

    Nice.
    No evidence?? The cold hard fact is that Walker certainly has been running all over the country drumming up outstate donations. The only question is...has he been doing on the Wisconsin taxpayers' dime?
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Yes, Warhorse, Wisconsin is in the process of being destroyed.
    Yes Chi according to about 900,000 Cheeseheads who signed the recall petition.
    Lol...all kinds of things wrong with this logic. Don't even know where to start.

  6. #36
    Guest

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Yes Chi according to about 900,000 Cheeseheads who signed the recall petition.
    900,000 people signing a pettition doesn't mean they all think Wisconsin is in the process of being destroyed....you know that, right?

  7. #37
    All American
    HuskerNCorpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    23,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    No evidence?? The cold hard fact is that Walker certainly has been running all over the country drumming up outstate donations. The only question is...has he been doing on the Wisconsin taxpayers' dime?
    Exactly! You want righters to criticize him for traveling at the expense of the taxpayers, yet you admit there's no evidence of him doing so. So, what exactly are you wanting righters to criticize him for?
    N Riley I trust

    "No one in CFB I'd trust more with my son in his program than new NEB Coach Mike Riley." Brock Huard

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    I admit it, I LOL'd IRL.
    As did I.

    "Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

  9. #39
    Starter
    CornfieldCounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    13,927
    Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    As did I.
    Get a rm u2..


    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Thats called football...I dont tune in on saturdays to see their grades
    Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

    Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne


  10. #40
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,661
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    Exactly! You want righters to criticize him for traveling at the expense of the taxpayers, yet you admit there's no evidence of him doing so. So, what exactly are you wanting righters to criticize him for?
    Sorry I thought you meant there was no evidence of him traveling at all.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  11. #41
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,661
    Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    900,000 people signing a pettition doesn't mean they all think Wisconsin is in the process of being destroyed....you know that, right?
    You do know that you and Chi seem to have overlooked that I originally said..."Wisconsin is being destroyed on a number of different fronts." If people don't agree with that in general, why would they have signed the petition?
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    You do know that you and Chi seem to have overlooked that I originally said..."Wisconsin is being destroyed on a number of different fronts." If people don't agree with that in general, why would they have signed the petition?

    1. Because they are partisan hacks.
    2. See number one.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  13. #43
    Junior Varsity
    Lakewood Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    lakewood,ca
    Posts
    5,381
    Something is not right on this poll headline and I call BS on this one. Real Clear politics reports the poll finding as 48-47 walker leading.

    Additionally as far as I can remember whenever a Republican is even in a poll where it is 'registered voters' rather than 'likely voters' they usually are ahead by 3-5 points come election day. Also if you try and link to the Marquette polling website you can't (at least I can't get the thing to load) so i cannot figure out the methodology on the poll.

    Here is the link to RCP

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

  14. #44
    Junior Varsity
    Lakewood Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    lakewood,ca
    Posts
    5,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Yes indeed...that is a buttload of outside $$ Walker has brought in...wowza....

    150 bucks proudly came from me and once the dem primary is settled Walker will proudly get more from me, if I can help hammer the final stake into the heart of the Wisconsin Union Thugs I will do what I can.

  15. #45
    Guest

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    You do know that you and Chi seem to have overlooked that I originally said..."Wisconsin is being destroyed on a number of different fronts." If people don't agree with that in general, why would they have signed the petition?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    1. Because they are partisan hacks.
    2. See number one.
    Some because they believe WI is being destroyed, see #1 above.

    Others because they are libs and want the pub out, see #1 above.

    Others because they are public union members and don't like what Walker is doing, despite him being elected fairly and doing what he said he would do, see #2 above.

    The facts from FBLS say he's on the right track and economic indicators support that.

    What "other fronts" are you referring to?







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •