Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Millions in TV ads, but no poll movement for Scott Walker: Trails in new poll

Blackshirt
    How were the public schools doing in Wisconsin prior to Walker? Serious question.
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Either as in he has not traveled outstate and/or he has not raised money to fight a recall?? Because he most certainly HAS done both of those things. Don't expect him to work 168 hours a week but since when do governors travel around the country trying to raise money to save their political careers? If a Democratic governor pulled that, the right would scream to high heaven.
    Is there any difference from a govenor doing this than a US Senator taking campaign donations from lobbyists for other states? Harkin (D) has the majority of donations coming in from states other than Iowa.
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post
    How were the public schools doing in Wisconsin prior to Walker? Serious question.
    What is funny is the guy most Dems are touting as the savior of Wisconsin (Barrett) has presided over the largest job loss of any city in the state

http://www.jsonline.com/business/met...148913245.html

Furthermore the unemployment rate was 7.7% Jan ,11 now it is down to 6.8% under Gov Walker, you tell me who should be in charge of Wisconsin.

http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2012...mployment.html

For the record my inlaws live on Washington island so I have a dog in this show.

Junior Varsity
    Walker and the Pubs are in the process of destroying Wisconsin in a number of different ways so recall petitions are a perfectly acceptable and fully democratic way of correcting what was clearly a giant mistake.
    If you mean by lowering taxes reducing the deficit lowering unemployment by destruction then we need more of that destruction going on around the country.
    Sheople, n.; pl. sheo'pel

1 People who prefer a state of comfortable unconsciousness, regardless of their race, religion,nationality, culture, language or economic status..

2 People that are unaware of their own ignorance regarding the obvious.

Administrator
    Gutting public education? The reason why you are calling it gutting is he is takeing all the money public education has spent the last several years that they did not have in the first place. Which is what ran up the debt.

So he is not gutting since the money was never there.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

Junior Varsity
    To be fair to WH, reforming medicare is killing it so, he is being consistent.
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Rollin' Huskers
    Wherever our RV is parked - currently Lincoln Nebraska
    As a former Wisconsin School Teacher....let me respond for the largest school district in the State......IT SUCKED !!!!

As to Scott Walker leaving the state - and so far NO ONE has linked his itinerary - even if he did so what....the entire Democratic Senatorial contingent felt it was the way to go a few short months ago....

My ONLY concern here is will Wisconsin be so destroyed that I won't be able to return this summer?? Will Summerfest and the State Fair be in ruins....will there still be beer???
    GBR
    Badger by birth - Husker by choice !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED..CHEESEHED View Post
    As a former Wisconsin School Teacher....let me respond for the largest school district in the State......IT SUCKED !!!!

As to Scott Walker leaving the state - and so far NO ONE has linked his itinerary - even if he did so what....the entire Democratic Senatorial contingent felt it was the way to go a few short months ago....

My ONLY concern here is will Wisconsin be so destroyed that I won't be able to return this summer?? Will Summerfest and the State Fair be in ruins....will there still be beer???
    Don't play ignorant Cheesehed ... as a Wisconsin Republican I know you're in on the evil plans to destroy Wisconsin in a number of different ways. Why don't you just fess up and tell us what your assignment is with respect to the destruction of your state.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED..CHEESEHED View Post

I wonder if those Wisconsin Dems that walked out on their duty to represent their districts did so on their own dime or the public cheese???
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Blackshirt

Certainly better than they are now under Walker and that includes the University of Wisconsin. Guess you have to pay for those 2.3 billion dollars in tax cuts Walker gave to the super rich and corporations somehow.

http://www.expressmilwaukee.com/arti...question-.html
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood Husker View Post
    What is funny is the guy most Dems are touting as the savior of Wisconsin (Barrett) has presided over the largest job loss of any city in the state

Furthermore the unemployment rate was 7.7% Jan ,11 now it is down to 6.8% under Gov Walker, you tell me who should be in charge of Wisconsin.

For the record my inlaws live on Washington island so I have a dog in this show.
    Yet the state has lost 25,000 jobs since the first of the year, worst record in the entire country I believe.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood Husker View Post

Yet the state has lost 25,000 jobs since the first of the year, worst record in the entire country I believe.
    http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/Governors/2012/0425/Wisconsin-posts-biggest-US-job-loss-as-Gov.-Scott-Walker-fights-for-his-job

"Governor Walker has been campaigning on a message that jobs are up in Wisconsin, responding to positive data for January and February that 17,000 jobs were added in his state. The loss of 4,300 jobs in March reversed that trend."

"Dresser also says Walker is becoming a target of criticism by Democrats because he originally campaigned on adding 250,000 private-sector jobs to the state in his first term. To date, only 5,900 jobs have been added since he took office."

"Two bright spots for Wisconsin were the manufacturing and education and health-services sectors, which each increased 1.7 percent over the past 12 months. "

Travel Squad
    As an Ohio resident that has seen, first-hand, the tea party/GOP agenda at work on the state level I want to thank Red Reign for starting the thread and Warhorse for keeping the conversation going despite being ganged up on. Like the Walker administration, Governor Kasich in Ohio has been equally divisive and manipulating. Most insidious is that they (and Snyder and Scott) seem to be operating from the same playbook.

1. Campaign on rhetoric of a new day in .
    2. Coalesce voters around fears of a budget deficit that you .
    3. Do NOT mention your intent to eliminate 4. Get elected.
    5. Base most of your policies off of ALEC-approved model laws.
    6. Vilify public employees (see #3), blame their modest salaries and "plush" benefit packages for creating deficit (see #2).
    7. Ignore any concessions that said unions have made in the last decade.
    8. Eliminate public employees' (see #3) right to collectively bargain in the name of addressing said deficit (see #2).
    9. Slash state funding of education and municipal governments in the name of addressing said deficit (see #2).
    10. Boast about the ability to eliminate the deficit without raising taxes (note: do not acknowledge that local taxes will have to increase to account for #9).
    11. Enact additional corporate tax cuts and income tax cuts for wealthy in the name of "job creation".
    12. Appoint shady and opaque "economic development" committee to attract business to said state (see #1).
    13. Distribute 100s of millions of dollars to keep employers in the state that supported your campaign and had no intention of leaving.
    14. Announce victory as national unemployment falls.

The recall exists in the State Constitution as a people's check over the abuse of power by their government. It is interesting that so many advocates of smaller government and constitutional integrity choose to admonish the people of Wisconsin for exercising their right. I guess the small government and constitutional arguments are only okay when they suit your purposes.
    Recall was was not intended for a do over. It was not intended to oust a governor for instituting policies they campaigned on...this is why many states with a recall provision have specific grounds required for recall such as malfeasance or misconduct. The potential for essentially "do-over" elections is probably why only 18 states have gubernatorial recall provisions...and the smart ones have laid out specific reasons for it.

Travel Squad
    I don't know who posted the last counter (formatting issues), but Walker came nowhere close to campaigning on the removal of collective bargaining rights. The entire tea party revolution of 2010 has been a clumsy power grab. Perhaps the most ridiculous expansion of "small government" is the TP Governor in Michigan where he has expanded the authority of the State to disband -- and take over -- municipal governments.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius