Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Millions in TV ads, but no poll movement for Scott Walker: Trails in new poll

Hybrid View

Millions in TV ads, but no poll movement for Scott Walker: Trails in new poll

Interesting....this should be 'fun'.....

A new Marquette Law School poll that’s generating lots of chatter today finds that Scott Walker and his most likely recall opponent, Tom Barrett, are in a dead heat, with Barrett edging Walker by 47-46 among registered Wisconsin voters.

In January, Walker’s job approval was 51 percent; in March, it was 50 percent; and this month, it's 47 percent.

What’s particularly interesting here is that just yesterday, Walker announced he’d raised a staggering $13 million in three months for the recall fight.

This means the race is all going to come down to turnout — the one area where Dems and unions can match Walker in resources and organization, perhaps neutralizing Walker’s ad spending advantage, Franklin says.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...g.html?hpid=z2
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Big Red Fan!!!

This should be interesting.

Yes indeed...that is a buttload of outside $$ Walker has brought in...wowza....

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFanz View Post
    This should be interesting.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    To say nothing of the time spent out of state drumming up these donations (at tax payer expense?) The righters scream foul when Obama does it but nary a peep when a Pub governor does it. IOKIYAR
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    To say nothing of the time spent out of state drumming up these donations (at tax payer expense?) The righters scream foul when Obama does it but nary a peep when a Pub governor does it. IOKIYAR
    Agree. It is completely ridiculous that democrats have forced the citizens of Wisconsin to endure the wasted expenses and resources for a recall election for nothing more than political disagreements. It's really a shame that they can't accept the fact that they lost the last gubernatorial election fair and square, and spend their time and resources preparing for the next regularly scheduled election.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Agree. It is completely ridiculous that democrats have forced the citizens of Wisconsin to endure the wasted expenses and resources for a recall election for nothing more than political disagreements. It's really a shame that they can't accept the fact that they lost the last gubernatorial election fair and square, and spend their time and resources preparing for the next regularly scheduled election.
    This goes beyond that and you know it.

Recalls are a part of our process.

In Omaha, I think it had the net effect of waking the mayor up, though I'm sure his foes would disagree with me.

Blackshirt

You would be wrong when you state..."DEMOCRATS have forced the citizens of Wisconsin to endure.....blah blah." The recall petition signatures cut across all political lines, age groups, gender, and socio-economic groups. Secondly, how were the citizens of Wisconsin FORCED to do anything? Walker and the Pubs are in the process of destroying Wisconsin in a number of different ways so recall petitions are a perfectly acceptable and fully democratic way of correcting what was clearly a giant mistake.

Heisman

Obama's is clearly at taxpayer expense. I just googled and couldn't find any information accusing Walker of traveling out of state or for any campaign purposes using state money (or airplanes, etc etc) Do you have any backup for that allegation, or did you just make it up to get indignant about?

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Obama's is clearly at taxpayer expense. I just googled and couldn't find any information accusing Walker of traveling out of state or for any campaign purposes using state money (or airplanes, etc etc) Do you have any backup for that allegation, or did you just make it up to get indignant about?
    See the question mark? I didn't make any accusation, just wondered. Even if Walker is spending his own money to stump the country trying to raise money, shouldn't he be in Wisconsin doing the people's business instead??

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post

150 bucks proudly came from me and once the dem primary is settled Walker will proudly get more from me, if I can help hammer the final stake into the heart of the Wisconsin Union Thugs I will do what I can.

Junior Varsity
    Wonder how many bus loads of public union workers, let off work with pay, will be transported to vote on the taxpayer dime?
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

In statistics it's generally a good idea to identify the outliers and get rid of em. Could politics be the same?

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    In statistics it's generally a good idea to identify the outliers and get rid of em. Could politics be the same?
    Seal, you cannot advocate getting rid of Warhorse and Rick, its against forum rules!!!

Administrator
    This is my thing with this. Unions flat out lied on there TV commercials here in Ohio over SB5 which was Ohio's version of the Wisconsin bill.

All these laws said was it gives the elected people the power to control what unions can get paid in salary and benefits.

Some of the union guys I work with don't think the voters or the elected officials should have the say in what they get paid only the courts or (collective bargaining which is tipped in the union favor)

So Red Reign and Warhorse:

What is wrong with treating a union how the private sector is treated? That is all these laws are doing. Making it a level playing field.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

Yes, Warhorse, Wisconsin is in the process of being destroyed.
    Yes Chi according to about 900,000 Cheeseheads who signed the recall petition.
    Lol...all kinds of things wrong with this logic. Don't even know where to start.