Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Cardinal....Eat your heart out!!!

#1 Husker Fan

Cardinal....Eat your heart out!!!

The Big 12 has offered its commissioner's job to Stanford athletic director Bob Bowlsby, multiple conference and industry sources told ESPN.com on Wednesday night....

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...mmissioner-job

I just hope he can live up to the hype that he Man, the Myth, the Legend Beebe was able to build!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Varsity
    Former AD at Iowa as well. Neutral opinion of him regarding his time in Iowa City.

Varsity

short term......make LOADS of $$$$$
    long term.......live in a hotel as your residence.
    \

IDK if i would take the comish job !!! Pretty shaky ground.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    The Big 12 has offered its commissioner's job to Stanford athletic director Bob Bowlsby, multiple conference and industry sources told ESPN.com on Wednesday night....

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...mmissioner-job

I just hope he can live up to the hype that he Man, the Myth, the Legend Beebe was able to build!
    Hadn't seen that story. Thanks, SB.

If Bowlsby goes, Stanford will get its pick of the litter in filling what is probably the best AD job in the country. It will be a good thing to get new blood in there. Keeps things fresh.
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Hadn't seen that story. Thanks, SB.

If Bowlsby goes, Stanford will get its pick of the litter in filling what is probably the best AD job in the country. It will be a good thing to get new blood in there. Keeps things fresh.
    No arguement here.

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All Legend
    Not to threadjack, but: What is dear old Mr. Beebe up to these days? Drinking Pena colada's on a beach somewhere?
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor View Post
    Not to threadjack, but: What is dear old Mr. Beebe up to these days? Drinking Pena colada's on a beach somewhere?
    Delivering newpapers in Compton!

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor View Post
    I heard he had a shoeshine/bootshine stand at DFW, so he could continue to literally do what he figuratively did in his prior job.
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I heard he had a shoeshine/bootshine stand at DFW, so he could continue to literally do what he figuratively did in his prior job.
    I also heard he did that part time, along with oriental messages with happy........ Rumor has it Mr. Dodds is a frequenter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He can speak Chinese?!

Red Shirt

Bowlsby has lots of great experience outside of ad at stanford and iowa, being part of the us olympic committee, and the ncaa bb selection committee. hes made connections with those places can only help. Im glad to see they get a midwest guy also, I think I read he was from Iowa originally.
    That gov't is best, which governs least -- Thomas Paine

Red Shirt

Him being at Iowa, and Stanford, he knows Delaney, and Frost, well, that can only help him going forward. Im sure both Delaney and Frost helped him get his new position. Bodes well for unity of neighboring conferences.
    That gov't is best, which governs least -- Thomas Paine