Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Scott Brown uses Obamacare provision to insure daughter

Scott Brown uses Obamacare provision to insure daughter

Tea Party Republicans sure do hate it when government helps people - except when the people are them.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/pol...sure_daughter/

U.S. Sen. Scott Brown has repeatedly spoken out against President Obama’s health care law, yet is using a portion of it to provide insurance for his adult daughter.The Massachusetts Republican told the Boston Globe that "of course" he uses a provision of the law that allows parents to keep their children on family insurance plans up to age 26. His daughter, Ayla, is 23.

The Walking Red
    Brown is on record as supporting the extension of the age of coverage to kids as provided in Obamacare.

I'm not sure what actual issue is being raised. Supporting that provision is not the same as supporting a nationwide health insurance mandate.

Quote Originally Posted by nems View Post
    Brown is on record as supporting the extension of the age of coverage to kids as provided in Obamacare.

I'm not sure what actual issue is being raised. Supporting that provision is not the same as supporting a nationwide health insurance mandate.

Hypocrisy.

Campaigned against Obamacare, but he uses it.

The Walking Red
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Of all people, you'd be among the last I'd expect to get it.
    Oh I get it. This is one of those non issues that parties like to make into a pretend issue because simple minded partisans eat it up.

Welcome to an election year.

Oh my!
    Tea Party Republicans sure do hate it when government helps people - except when the people are them.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/pol...sure_daughter/

[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

I am pretty certain that there are parts of Obamacare that are quite reasonable to many Republicans, as nems pointed out there are also many parts that they do not like. I don't understand all the effort put into finding some token example of a conservative supporting some Obama policy with the insinuation that all conservatives should support this because of that token example.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    I am pretty certain that there are parts of Obamacare that are quite reasonable to many Republicans, as nems pointed out there are also many parts that they do not like. I don't understand all the effort put into finding some token example of a conservative supporting some Obama policy with the insinuation that all conservatives should support this because of that token example.
    Oh I get it. This is one of those non issues that parties like to make into a pretend issue because simple minded partisans eat it up.

Welcome to an election year.
    Crap! You answered my question just before I asked it...
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

The Walking Red
    Hypocrisy.

Campaigned against Obamacare, but he uses it.
    He's not against the extended coverage provision. The majority of Republicans aren't. I'm not against it.

This is as much an issue as it is an issue that President Obama utilizes tax deductions.

All Legend
    I think this is like complaining that Sasha and Malia go to a private school. Generally, politician should be free to use whatever is available to them for their personal lives, even while they may be working for change as an elected official. If Obama wants to rescind the Bush tax cuts, should he have to pay more taxes than he is legally obligated to right now? I don't think so.

The rule extending coverage to age 26 is a popular one and will be almost impossible to reverse. There are a number of provisions of the health care law that will be that way.
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

He's not against the extended coverage provision. The majority of Republicans aren't. I'm not against it.

This is as much an issue as it is an issue that President Obama utilizes tax deductions.
    Democrats? Using tax deductions?

I was completely unaware they even paid taxes, let alone figured out how to use Turbo Tax.....

Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    I think this is like complaining that Sasha and Malia go to a private school. Generally, politician should be free to use whatever is available to them for their personal lives, even while they may be working for change as an elected official. If Obama wants to rescind the Bush tax cuts, should he have to pay more taxes than he is legally obligated to right now? I don't think so.

The rule extending coverage to age 26 is a popular one and will be almost impossible to reverse. There are a number of provisions of the health care law that will be that way.
    Agree 100%
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

You guys are way better than Leno or Letterman.

This is a fairly typical of the responses one gets from the right when they're caught supporting a policy they oppose. Oxymoron? Well, as far as Brown's concerned, the moron part may fit.

The parts that work for him and his family, he supports. What about the parts that work for other people and their families? Nope, they don't matter. I got mine, screw the rest of you.

Stuff like this tears it. Obama's got my vote, as well as anybody opposing a TeaPub in Nebraska.

The Walking Red

This is a fairly typical of the responses one gets from the right when they're caught supporting a policy they oppose. Oxymoron? Well, as far as Brown's concerned, the moron part may fit.

The parts that work for him and his family, he supports. What about the parts that work for other people and their families? Nope, they don't matter. I got mine, screw the rest of you.

Stuff like this tears it. Obama's got my vote, as well as anybody opposing a TeaPub in Nebraska.
    I'm simply against being forced to buy health insurance by the government. That's pretty much what a lot of people are against. The individual mandate.

Nice rant though. Those Dailykos stories really get you fired up. Like watching my father in law when Fox News is on.

Scott Brown uses Obamacare provision to insure daughter

I am with Nems on this. I done like the fact the something like 40% of the exemptions that have been handed out to companies are from one congressional district-that bring Nancy P's. ( that stay could be wrong--I haven't confirmed it--but I know that her district has many times more than their fair share.).

To me, that is more hypocritical.

Stuff like this tears it.
    Yet you remain calm, cool and collected when it comes to spending $5 trillion in 3 years....?

Obama's got my vote,
    Did he ever have cause for concern?

as well as anybody opposing a TeaPub in Nebraska.
    I guess Bob Kerry is "anybody". His campaign manager Paul Johnson recently said of Nebraska (referring to money donors specifically): "It's not as if we're a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow."

So that's opposing a "TeaPub in Nebraska" I suppose.

I'm simply against being forced to buy health insurance by the government. That's pretty much what a lot of people are against. The individual mandate.
    I'll throw myself into that group.

Oh my!

You sound like someone who is annoyed by the fact that TeaPubs and Republicans are not grateful to Obama for hijacking the American healthcare system...