Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So!

Society Crazy Indeed

So!

Respect and love brother...RIP!

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

God of Huskermax

Huh?

Society Crazy Indeed
    self explanatory...yet no one accepts it

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Society Crazy Indeed
    If you want to know his name it was Leonard Matlovich he was given a purple heart and bronze star.
    Some would call him a hero others were content on calling him a fa-----

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    If you want to know his name it was Leonard Matlovich he was given a purple heart and bronze star.
    Some would call him a hero others were content on calling him a fa-----
    On the iPhone app your first post came up blank, maybe that's the reason for RP's post.

Pops all is good with me, I hope you just keep doing what you do

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerMark View Post
    Pops all is good with me, I hope you just keep doing what you do

keep trying is all I can do...thanks

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    On the iPhone app your first post came up blank, maybe that's the reason for RP's post.
    Ahhhh. That explains it. Thanks seal and pops.

God of Huskermax

Add Content

Recruit
    I have gay friends. One was in the army before he came out of the closet. Don't ask, don't tell, seemed to work okay, but I do not in any way support out-of-the-closet gays in the military. Matlovich earned his awards by his service. He earned his discharge, too -- he asked for it and does not have my sympathy. Being a war hero is not a license to violate whatever military rule you disagree with, and he knew it. No one went looking to drum him out of the Air Force - he announced he was gay and dared the Air Force to discharge him; they merely took him up on his dare. And I am supposed to celebrate that? No.
    "I'm not allowed to argue with you until you've paid."

All Big 10
    "Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

"It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by One Man Jury View Post
    I have gay friends. One was in the army before he came out of the closet. Don't ask, don't tell, seemed to work okay, but I do not in any way support out-of-the-closet gays in the military. Matlovich earned his awards by his service. He earned his discharge, too -- he asked for it and does not have my sympathy. Being a war hero is not a license to violate whatever military rule you disagree with, and he knew it. No one went looking to drum him out of the Air Force - he announced he was gay and dared the Air Force to discharge him; they merely took him up on his dare. And I am supposed to celebrate that? No.
    I have gay friend ....BUT! I sure dont respect em....lmao
    where did anyone say to celebrate it? Only respect it. I'm sure he wouldn't want your sympathy and seeing it was on his grave stone I'm sure he could care less at this point what any of us think. But you see, we want to say that vets like myself and this cat go to war to fight for the rights of ALL people....we dont get to pick and choose who we group into...ALL
    I for one am happy as hell they took away the don't ask don't tell dumb ass rule.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Jury View Post
    I suppose you think Rosa Parks should have just sat her butt in the back of the bus.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    I suppose you think Rosa Parks should have just sat her butt in the back of the bus.
    Ha... I was gonna go right there but it was to obvious