Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Berkeley Ridiculously Automated Dorm (BRAD)

Berkeley Ridiculously Automated Dorm (BRAD)

Yes, ingenuity remains alive and well. A freshman at Cal decided to create "the most ridiculously automated dorm room in the school ever." Highlights of his dorm room include:

• Motion sensors that detect when someone enters or exits the room
    • An alarm clock that automatically turns on the lights, opens the shades, and blares Justin Bieber music, forcing one out of bed before their ears begin to bleed
    • The ability to control things in the room such as the lights, window shades, and music via voice controls and mobile apps (be sure to check out "romantic mode")

• An emergency red “party mode” button that closes the shades, swaps out the overhead lights for flashing neon and strobe ones, and turns on dance music

Check out the kid's YouTube video. It's pretty sweet.

"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

Someday, he may get to use romantic mode. I am not holding my breath.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Head Lackey
    That beats the "boss mode" I have on my computer.
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

All Big 10

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Someday, he may get to use romantic mode.
    Considering his choice of Elton John circa early 90s Disney movie music as the "romantic" election, for his sake, I hope he doesn't.
    "We need education in the obvious more than investigation of the obscure."

"If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”

Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    Considering his choice of Elton John circa early 90s Disney movie music as the "romantic" election, for his sake, I hope he doesn't.
    Word.

"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    Word.
    Is it possible to get Ric-rolled by a room???
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    Word.
    Is it possible to get Ric-rolled by a room???
    That would be epic.

All Legend
    I wonder if tech nerds (assuming he is one) get to use "romantic mode" more often these days. The co-eds might be turned on: "Oooh! This one might actually be able to find a job!"
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014