Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HOA Suing Vet over Swing Set

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    My only birthrights are receding hairline and a hairy back.
    ...and your sparkling personality. Or was that nurtured?
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Quote Originally Posted by COsker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    Ultimately, this is a victory for capitalism. To be against the HOA on this matter would be to support something other than capitalism.
    Overly dramatic, don't you think HJW?
    perhaps. However a fundamental Core of capitalism involves the ability to enforce contractual obligations. without that our entire economic system would collapse parties would not have to make good on loans on purchases you could not trust that you would go down the way it's written.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    I don't look at it that way at all. I am paying my HOA to maintain basic standards in my neighborhood, which keeps the value of my house up. Property values tend to decline at the expiration of HOA covenants. I'm glad my neighbor can't park his RV in his driveway and put his rusted Pontiac Firebird on cement blocks in the front yard.
    I'm with you. I live just outside of town and we have certain development rules, but no HOA. Many times I wished they were followed as people feel they can do as they wish because we have 2 acre lots. For instance, the guy who bought a lot across the street to use as a baseball field, but he doesn't maintain it so the poor neighbors next door constantly live in a giant dirt cloud. Or the guy who thought it was alright to let his kids shoot rabbits unsupervised at night in their back yard with a 22 rifle and his neighbors houses are in the line of fire. Or the guy who thought it would be alright to raise a couple of cows in his back yard.

HOA Suing Vet over Swing Set

It is a tad bit ironic that the Occupy Wall Street crowd will protest against Bank of America for foreclosing on past due loans while most of us accept that it is the rights of the lender to do so.

But when a HOA takes actions to protect their interests, some of the same folks who are critical of OWS are being critical of the HOA.

HOA Suing Vet over Swing Set

Any updates?

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    Any updates?
    I'm still right.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    I'm still right.
    LOL. It must be awesome having your ego.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    LOL. It must be awesome having your ego.

Intellectual Patriot
    I had his ego once, it made me pay for dinner, then left without cuddling.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.