Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Body Integrity Identity Disorder

Head Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    so if a person wants their spinal chord cut, we as a tolerant society should permit it.
    and if they want to remove half of their brain so they can be a Longhorn or Buffalo fan, we should pity them.
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Head Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Unless we're talking about people who are consenting to being eaten by cannibals, which is of course a major problem. I'd make an exception there.
    Exactly, we need to preserve those people for the Zombie Apocolypse. We would need them as pawns to aid our escape.
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

All Big 10

Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    I don't care what they want to feel, but when I read this, I got angry: "If treatment for people with psychological conditions are covered by health systems, and if BIID is viewed as a psychological condition, then it would not be logical NOT to fund BIID’s treatment. In fact, it would be discriminatory."
    Reading that makes me angry, too. But mainly because it's a ridiculous sentence that makes my head hurt.

And I agree... I'd be fine with a welfare safety net if it weren't for the wackos, malingerers and fraudsters.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dead Redemption View Post
    Exactly, we need to preserve those people for the Zombie Apocolypse. We would need them as pawns to aid our escape.
    I think I may feel a touch of ZID* coming on.

* Zombie Identity Disorder.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014