Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Ron Paul vs. Paul Krugman

Ron Paul vs. Paul Krugman

Or "Paul vs Paul" as it's cleverly titled. Interesting debate, I'm sure most people will take out of it what they've already decided upon, but worth a watch anyway.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/30/pa...1BaisLf1xAP4mO

I haven't read it, but even without doing so I can confidently say that I disagree strongly with both of them.

I will give it a read when I get a chance.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

All Legend
    I can confidently say that I will agree with some of what each of them have to say. And I like that they both have something TO say. It's seems like a promising match up.

And I'll have to read it later too.
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

It's actually a 'watch,' it's about 12 minutes of them going back and forth on Bloomberg's channel.

All Legend
    I watched it. I always find Krugman a more articulate advocate of his positions than Ron Paul of his. I think that is because Paul seems to argue as if laissez faire economics and libertarianism should be presumed to be correct unless a good case can be made to the contrary. I always feel like he needs to be more explicit about the foundations of libertarianism. That's where the power of his argument lies.

In fact, in this format, I was kind of frustrated. I think a longer debate with stronger moderation that followed an agenda of sub-topics would force more of a clash of ideas. As it is, they gallop all over the place, rush to make a point here or there, but don't stay put long enough to reveal the fundamental trade-offs between their views. But that's kind of general problem with TV.
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    I watched it. I always find Krugman a more articulate advocate of his positions than Ron Paul of his. I think that is because Paul seems to argue as if laissez faire economics and libertarianism should be presumed to be correct unless a good case can be made to the contrary. I always feel like he needs to be more explicit about the foundations of libertarianism. That's where the power of his argument lies.

In fact, in this format, I was kind of frustrated. I think a longer debate with stronger moderation that followed an agenda of sub-topics would force more of a clash of ideas. As it is, they gallop all over the place, rush to make a point here or there, but don't stay put long enough to reveal the fundamental trade-offs between their views. But that's kind of general problem with TV.
    Well said on all counts.