Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Is There New Excitement?

Is There New Excitement?

Do you guys feel a new surge of excitement and energy for BBall this year? I didn't think hiring a new coach would get me overly excited and I definitely wasn't real excited with Coach Miles but after what he has done just getting some big time players to visit and in such a short time, along with his energetic, personable personality, I find myself Jonesin for any kind of BBall news and though I don't expect a lot this season I'm excited to get this puppy rolling.

Thoughts?

Scout Team

Will let you know in three years

Husker Fan

i'm cautiously optimistic...the first year will suck but it'll show us what the philosophy is, how the players take to the coach, the playing style etc etc...it'll give some insight but not going to get too high or too low until year 2.

I don't want any more talk, I want action and results.

Husker Immortal
    Sure, there is always excitement when a new coach comes on board. And I wish Coach Miles the best. However, I still think NU will be a very tough gig for any coach until we start developing a few players of our own at the high school level.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    I don't want any more talk, I want action and results.

Coach Miles won't survive on his sparkling personality alone. He's got to win.

Scout Team

This exact conversation could have been had when Doc came on board. Not saying it is good or bad it just is. Same level of anticipation, same goals, what we need to see is reults. The one thing difforent now is the facilities have been addressed and I will grant that it adds a bit to the excitment posiblity but the "it" that is needed is more "W"s and less "L"'s. Maybe even a few in the tourny. That is why I say it will take three year for me to decide if there is excitment.

All Legend
    I'm excited, but there is a long way to go. I check this board too often. I kind of wish we were three years down the road already. Even though I like our coach, I still think anything more than maybe winning one tournament game is more than I dare hope for, and even that is less than even odds.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by carrolltonsker View Post
    Sure, there is always excitement when a new coach comes on board. And I wish Coach Miles the best. However, I still think NU will be a very tough gig for any coach until we start developing a few players of our own at the high school level.
    Maybe with Biggs, the point guard and that Agau or whatever his name is out of Omaha Central maybe that is a good starting point. I hope for starters Miles can have us be competitive in most games. Then who knows?Maybe we can cherrypick two or three players out of the heart of big 10 country. I am looking forward with renewed interest but I also am realistic that we might not unsuck overnight.
    It is what it is!!!

no

Blackshirt
    GATA! It's a mindset.

I'm in! Go Coach Miles!
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by carrolltonsker View Post

this... Very important to do this consistently. Just get a kid every other year whom can be the hometown hero and commit to the Huskers, it will do wonders for the program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers

Husker Fan
    I'm definitely excited!

For starters, we've moved on from the Doc era. As much as he tried and was a good man, it had reached a dead end -- and there would have been absolutely no excitement this offseason or entering the coming season (and likely throughout). The fresh start was absolutely necessary to build fan interest.

Next, I don't recall any of Doc's original staff getting me pumped right off the bat. I truly think Miles has built a bunch of winning assistants.

Also, it appears that Miles has drawn the interest of Nebraska kids. It had gotten to the point where I felt that any solid Nebraska high school player would look elsewhere. I don't think that's nearly as much the case now. And for that matter, Miles and staff is out there trying to bring in top talent and go ahead and compete with the big boys. Whether it works out or not, it's extremely encouraging.

Water Boy
    Backbench, ................. Final Final, City
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    I'm excited, but there is a long way to go.
    Maybe it is "Miles to go!" (courtesy of cartoonist, Phil Frank)
    "Proud 'Water-Carrier' for Nebraska-Ball "