Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: RevHusker!!!!

Husker Fan

Thumbs up RevHusker!!!!

Congratulations! You're getting a heck of an Associate Pastor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    Congratulations! You're getting a heck of an Associate Pastor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's the story?

"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

8 man footbal alum
    Both RevHusker and the new Associate Pastor were Vicars at my home church at Zion Lutheran - Harvester. RevHusker's congregation is Trinity Lutheran Grand Island where Big Red Dutchess and I were members many moons ago. Huskers57 and I both celebrate this wonderful news as a great young man and our friend is entering the ministry.
    "Gentlemen, this is a football" - Coach Lombardi
    "Winning isn't everything here at Nebraska as Coach Devaney used to say...but we do rate it right up there with oxygen." - Johnny Rodgers

Wonderful news! Blessings to all on their ministry journey!

"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

Recruit
    God bless your ministry always.
    "I'm not allowed to argue with you until you've paid."

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    What's the story?
    A few weeks ago, RevHusker wrote a thread about how he had a candidate come in for an interview for the position of Associate Pastor at his church. His description of the candidate and from what I knew of my friend, who I grew up with my whole life on Mohawk Street and had the honor of being his best man in his wedding, I was able to put the 2 and 2 together and figured out that RevHusker just HAD to be talking about my friend so I PM'd him and asked him if he was indeed talking about Adam. Sure enough he was! Talk about a small world colliding on a bulletin board in cyberspace!

Yesterday, May 1 was "call day" or as I call it Draft Day , is where the seminary gave the graduating students their "call"/draft which is letting them know where they're going to relocate to to become a pastor and attend to their "flock". Adam got called to Grand Island so he is happy to be going back to the motherland aka Huskerland! Congratulations and I just might go out to GI for his first sermon as an associate pastor.

Interesting fact: While I was watching the draft online broadcast from the Concordia Seminary, there was one guy that got drafted into working for 2-3 separate churches, which struck me as unorthodox or maybe those churches were in dire need of a pastor/leadership? (they were in South Dakota-draw your own conclusions at that LOL)..Maybe Luth can add more insight into the draft process and whatnot?

Rev, again, CONGRATULATIONS!

Recruit

Adam, Jessica, and daughter Maya received a Valentinos box full of information including a "HuskerMax" can holder and a two year membership to the board. I need to email him David's contact info so he can get it set up. We also received a vicar -- similar to a student intern -- who is from Omaha.

The tri-point parish assigned to one of the candidates is common in areas of the country where people are few and distances are great. I know of one in the sandhills of Nebraska and another in west Texas. Many times a pastor will drive as much as 100 miles to one congregation. These guys who serve these congregations are very dedicated!

I will let everyone know when his installation and ordination is scheduled. Maybe we should have a HuskerMax tailgate!!

Administrator

RevHusker!!!!

Board registrations are automatic now. He just needs to sign up and follow the directions in the emails he gets.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by RevHusker View Post
    Adam, Jessica, and daughter Maya received a Valentinos box full of information including a "HuskerMax" can holder and a two year membership to the board. I need to email him David's contact info so he can get it set up. We also received a vicar -- similar to a student intern -- who is from Omaha.

The tri-point parish assigned to one of the candidates is common in areas of the country where people are few and distances are great. I know of one in the sandhills of Nebraska and another in west Texas. Many times a pastor will drive as much as 100 miles to one congregation. These guys who serve these congregations are very dedicated!

I will let everyone know when his installation and ordination is scheduled. Maybe we should have a HuskerMax tailgate!!
    Tailgate at an Ordination!!!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller