Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obamacare saves billions for companies

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by nems View Post
    Nope. It's a government system.
    Private insurers.

God of Huskermax

I live in the real world.
    Welcome! I'll have the wife make you cookies, just as we do for all our new neighbors!

Rebel Alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Obama has been a great friend to American Corporations.
    You keep telling yourself that "Mr Independent".
    “Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing himself.” - Leo Tolstoy

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    You keep telling yourself that "Mr Independent".
    I've just highlighted another example. Saving them BILLIONS.

Society Crazy Indeed
    I live in the real world.
    I agree corporations care about one thing....no not the employee....
    the almighty $$$$

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Junior Varsity
    Obama isn't anti-business, he's pro-government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    Obama isn't anti-business, he's pro-government.

ahhhh....I'm whispering so no one else can hear me

Government is a Business....shhhhhh

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post

Oh, okay. Another reason for you to vote Romney.
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Rebel Alliance

Sadly it has become one but it shouldn't be one...it should be the keeper of the playing field not a competitor on it.

(the government being a business is the main reason we have skyrocketing healthcare cost and higher education cost....shhhhhhhh people don't want to hear that)
    “Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing himself.” - Leo Tolstoy

Society Crazy Indeed
    Oh, okay. Another reason for you to vote Romney.

If i did that they would have to get the war dept going again

The government is great at what they do...pitting Americans against each other to distract.

You can tell by who writes their officials about what they believe in.... if it takes work on the American public it wont happen they want Government to change it for us on their own....

Just like your belief that Rommey would make the changes necessary.....I will make you a 1000 dollar bet right now. We will see 0 changes that will make a difference, in healthcare ...I mean a real difference, (not a repeal) A change in unemployment, a change in the war efforts, a greater foreign policy, any recovery in the debt,

You on? if so we can make specifics what the bet should be placed on....But I do want the same standards y'all are holding Obama to

Society Crazy Indeed
    Sadly it has become one but it shouldn't be one...it should be the keeper of the playing field not a competitor on it.

(the government being a business is the main reason we have skyrocketing healthcare cost and higher education cost....shhhhhhhh people don't want to hear that)

never said i agree with it....just claimed it was

Junior Varsity
    If i did that they would have to get the war dept going again

The government is great at what they do...pitting Americans against each other to distract.

You can tell by who writes their officials about what they believe in.... if it takes work on the American public it wont happen they want Government to change it for us on their own....

Just like your belief that Rommey would make the changes necessary.....I will make you a 1000 dollar bet right now. We will see 0 changes that will make a difference, in healthcare ...I mean a real difference, (not a repeal) A change in unemployment, a change in the war efforts, a greater foreign policy, any recovery in the debt,

You on? if so we can make specifics what the bet should be placed on....But I do want the same standards y'all are holding Obama to
    If he can't make real difference than ole Barry has made a bigger mess of things then thought.

I don't have a problem betting you a grand. The problem is we will never be able to set the playing field. For example, repealing a law that was crammed down our throats becasue the prez had a majority in both houses yet still had to make bribes to get it done is making a real difference.(SCOTUS may take care of it)

Is getting unemployment under 8% making a real difference? Obama said he would and never has. Is passing a balanced budget a recovery from the debt? Obama hasn't passed one of those.

Society Crazy Indeed
    If he can't make real difference than ole Barry has made a bigger mess of things then thought.

I don't have a problem betting you a grand. The problem is we will never be able to set the playing field. For example, repealing a law that was crammed down our throats becasue the prez had a majority in both houses yet still had to make bribes to get it done is making a real difference.(SCOTUS may take care of it)

Is getting unemployment under 8% making a real difference? Obama said he would and never has. Is passing a balanced budget a recovery from the debt? Obama hasn't passed one of those.
    You're right. But would a appeal really make a difference. The healthcare system is broken, what Obama did was nothing to fix the problem it was nothing about the insurance companies or who was uninsured

God of Huskermax

But yet many of you like Romney because he ran a business. And many of you have said that experience is a huge plus in his ability to run the government.

Obamacare doesn't force any of the companies to drop your health plan. Just as they always have, they have the choice to provide it to you or not. It's the companies decision. Not the governments.
    So, they can choose the government subsidized option...or pay for the superior private coverage they had been providing?

God of Huskermax

If Obama can't make a real difference than (sic) ole (sic) Furious George has made a bigger mess of things then (sic) thought.

Or does your logic only flow in one direction?

If Obama can't make a real difference than (sic) ole (sic) Furious George has made a bigger mess of things then (sic) thought.

Or does your logic only flow in one direction?
    I think the contention is it only made a decades old problem even worse.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    So, they can choose the government subsidized option...or pay for the superior private coverage they had been providing?
    Exactly. Entirely their choice. If companies are as great as the right claims then it shouldn't be much of an issue.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    I think the contention is it only made a decades old problem even worse.
    Not with Huzkurz. He literally is saying, if it doesn't get better under Romney, it's all Obama's fault. It's a nice preemptive strike. But boy does he get mad when anyone blames Bush.

Exactly. Entirely their choice. If companies are as great as the right claims then it shouldn't be much of an issue.
    Reason #987 for needing a true middle of the road 3rd party.

Force the government to offer a comparative plan at actual cost. I'd imagine business could manage a better price.