Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Obamacare saves billions for companies

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Thanks for confirming that you don't wish to acknowledge or discuss the rest of what I presented then.
    I was not interested in your attempt to change the subject. Huzkurz was wrong. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by nems View Post
    In all seriousness, it's fairly evident where this is headed. It's quite clear that companies will do exactly what is discussed in this report. Heavily government subsidized insurance is government insurance. Those that lose their current health plans will go to this system. They won't have much other choice.

I personally think for those that happens to, it quite simply sux, and not something to be happy about.
    Yep, and just as it's been fairly evident where things were headed in California, there's a bunch of folks just living in extreme denial. They've had essentially one-party rule out there and have doomed that State. You'd think with all the work and money they've poured into California, they'd be able to hold it up as a shining example of decades oftheir ideological success.

We're no longer dealing with adult (as defined over the decades) Democrats that have a different way of looking at things. We're dealing with spoiled children lashing out because they're being told they can't have it all their way.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    I was not interested in your attempt to change the subject. Huzkurz was wrong. End of story.
    ROFLMAO! Thanks for the laugh, RP. From probably the KING of subject/thread creep! That's ok, I understand its hard to talk about or justify Obama's massive increase in US debt levels, guess I can't blame you for "not being interested."

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    ROFLMAO! Thanks for the laugh, RP. From probably the KING of subject/thread creep! That's ok, I understand its hard to talk about or justify Obama's massive increase in US debt levels, guess I can't blame you for "not being interested."
    It's funny how some go on and on, even after admitting it was wrong, about someone not being 100% correct but won't acknowledge how they are also wrong. I think he's using one of those internet debating points someone listed a while back, when you are wrong continue repeating nonsense to keep the focus on yourself.

Atleast you attempted to engage in constructive dialogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    It's funny how some go on and on, even after admitting it was wrong, about someone not being 100% correct but won't acknowledge how they are also wrong. I think he's using one of those internet debating points someone listed a while back, when you are wrong continue repeating nonsense to keep the focus on yourself.

Passive aggressiveness doesn't suit you. I have not yet been wrong in this thread. When I am, I'll admit it.

That has a different impact then being the one that sets coverage amounts and how much they will pay for procedures.

It is without debate that the new set up will greatly insert government control over the system.
    Like Medicare today?

I will agree that the system that is run by the GOV is controlled more by the GOV than a system that is run by BCBS.

That doesn't mean that they aren't both 'subsidized'.

The problem with many employer funded plans is this: They often are all 'all you can eat' plans where most trips to the Dr. only cost $20. If the consumer shares in more of the cost, they will consume less.

Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post

I haven't been able to keep up...Has Obama added more the the federal debt than every other President before him combined?

The Walking Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    Like Medicare today?

I will agree that the system that is run by the GOV is controlled more by the GOV than a system that is run by BCBS.

That doesn't mean that they aren't both 'subsidized'.

The problem with many employer funded plans is this: They often are all 'all you can eat' plans where most trips to the Dr. only cost $20. If the consumer shares in more of the cost, they will consume less.
    The material difference for me is one subsidizes premiums through the tax system, the other not only subsidizes premiums, but also goes toward defining benefits and coverage.

Just like Medicare. And according to my understanding, many of our long term financial difficulties in this country surround Medicare funding and services.

I personally don't look forward to future Medicare coverage and have taken steps through my HSA to have funds set aside to deal with its limitations.

If, as I suspect, I am going to lose my HSA in the near future and have to move to these new programs, my health insurance is going to be worse and losing the HSA benefit is going to really stink.

The material difference for me is one subsidizes premiums through the tax system, the other not only subsidizes premiums, but also goes toward defining benefits and coverage.

Just like Medicare. And according to my understanding, many of our long term financial difficulties in this country surround Medicare funding and services.

I personally don't look forward to future Medicare coverage and have taken steps through my HSA to have funds set aside to deal with its limitations.

If, as I suspect, I am going to lose my HSA in the near future and have to move to these new programs, my health insurance is going to be worse and losing the HSA benefit is going to really stink.
    My health plan is better and my costs are less do to HCAA changes. I guess it has impacted us differently.

The Walking Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    My health plan is better and my costs are less do to HCAA changes. I guess it has impacted us differently.
    How is it better and why did the price decrease?

Have you considered if your company will maintain the plan once HCAA is fully implemented?

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    seems you have said it enough so you believe it now....good job

Is it hard for any personal thought on the issue when you have people telling you what to think yelling in each ear?
    I listen to goat. Asked him in 2008 what kind of president Obama would make. "Baaaaaaaaad."
    I asked him how Obama would handle our economy: "Baaaaaaaaaad."
    Similar answer when I asked how Gore and Biden were on charitable giving, and whether it was a good idea to give Bugs Bunny $15 billion of Medicare money so Michelle Obama could teach people how to keep their butts from getting so big.
    "I'm not allowed to argue with you until you've paid."

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by One Man Jury View Post
    I listen to goat. Asked him in 2008 what kind of president Obama would make. "Baaaaaaaaad."
    I asked him how Obama would handle our economy: "Baaaaaaaaaad."
    Similar answer when I asked how Gore and Biden were on charitable giving, and whether it was a good idea to give Bugs Bunny $15 billion of Medicare money so Michelle Obama could teach people how to keep their butts from getting so big.

lmao....you are a angry lil man arent ya....Your lil rants are so cute.

ok now off to bed with ya, before momma catches you on her computer.

get a good nights rest cause i am really looking forward to more of these lil gems of yours.

they are truly just to cute...If you were here right now I'd give ya a hug

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Oh ..I also think you should separate yourself from the farm animals and pets for awhile...seems they have ya all twisted up

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Apparently, we can't have the same civility in debates that we enjoyed for the past week. Sad...

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    Apparently, we can't have the same civility in debates that we enjoyed for the past week. Sad...
    OMJ doesn't debate.