Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Huksers Offer Texas High School QB Devante Kincade

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    2011 stats:
    this kid is a player, with stats like this. 71% completion 6.5 ypc on the ground....... Bailey who?
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers

Another QB recruit from Texas emerges: Devante Kincade

Proof, NU needs more than one UNI color to get this kid!

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ScbHskrFan View Post
    Proof, NU needs more than one UNI color to get this kid!
    We have Red and White... what more could you possible need

Blackshirt
    So he's shows no interest in us on either Rivals or Scout, though he's sought by many schools, and you think we might get him? Wow, you must have good sources. But, it looks like others have already found this gem...we seem to be scrambling (which is fine). Looks to have good potential, reminds me of Steve Taylor but a bit smaller.

Shows no interest in us? Incorrect....Coach Beck has visited with him....he is interested....
    Scrambling in May for a QB? The sky is not falling...if you have info to share we would be glad to have it....

Actually you forgot to look at Husker Illustrated aka 247:

Nebraska offensive coordinator Tim Beck recently talked with Devante Kincade.
    http://nebraska.247sports.com/Articl...-targets-72288

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    So he's shows no interest in us on either Rivals or Scout, though he's sought by many schools, and you think we might get him? Wow, you must have good sources. But, it looks like others have already found this gem...we seem to be scrambling (which is fine). Looks to have good potential, reminds me of Steve Taylor but a bit smaller.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Would not be surprised to see an offer in the near future...

“Beck was telling me that he really liked me and my film,” Kincade told Huskers Illustrated. “He said they’ll be down here to watch me this spring. He said they don’t offer too many quarterbacks, so they are going to take their time and come down and evaluate me.”

Kinkade threw for 3,270 yards and 37 touchdowns last year for Skyline.
    http://sports.omaha.com/2012/05/07/r...spect-updates/

Blackshirt
    Shows no interest in us? Incorrect....Coach Beck has visited with him....he is interested....
    Scrambling in May for a QB? The sky is not falling...if you have info to share we would be glad to have it....

Actually you forgot to look at Husker Illustrated aka 247:

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Articl...-targets-72288
    As a recruiting expert, you should know that QB's often commit quite early. 7 of the top 10 dual threat QB's, per Rivals, for 2013 have already committed. 5 of the top 10 pro style QB's have already committed. So....YES, we are scrambling if we are hoping to get one of the nations best.

No we are not....

Tommie Armstrong did not commit until Sept 16 as an example and we got a real good one with him...

As a recruiting expert, you should know that QB's often commit quite early. 7 of the top 10 dual threat QB's, per Rivals, for 2013 have already committed. 5 of the top 10 pro style QB's have already committed. So....YES, we are scrambling if we are hoping to get one of the nations best.

I think scrambling is okay (especially when the pocket collapses) but when one recruit says no to us, we've already 'schooled' ourselves on the next target. Contigencies plans if you will. And these plans are not limited to one class, they are extended into several years of strategic decision making. Of course this is only my opinion.

Officially offered....

Varsity
    Officially offered....
    what are our chances. And would you prefer him over Mr. Jennings?
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers

We are in it and have a shot and he is very excited about our offer......and they are the top two on our board...I would say he is probably a better shot for us than Jennings.....getting a kid out of GA will not be easy...Beck has some big time contacts and ties with Texas High School football having coached down their and is recruiting Devante..so yeah we are in it for his commit.....

Jennings is probably the better of the two, but Kincade is no slouch and we would do good regardless of which one we landed...and perhaps we get both if we are lucky...

Scout Teaser:

Quarterback Devante Kincade, a 4-star out of Dallas Skyline, admitted he was not expecting Sunday night's offer. Atleast not this soon.
    http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...2f1186228.html

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    what are our chances. And would you prefer him over Mr. Jennings?

Scout has bumped him up to a 4-star....

Varsity
    We are in it and have a shot and he is very excited about our offer......and they are the top two on our board...I would say he is probably a better shot for us than Jennings.....getting a kid out of GA will not be easy...Beck has some big time contacts and ties with Texas High School football having coached down their and is recruiting Devante..so yeah we are in it for his commit.....

Jennings is probably the better of the two, but Kincade is no slouch and we would do good regardless of which one we landed...and perhaps we get both if we are lucky...

Scout Teaser:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...2f1186228.html

thanks RR. Are we shooting for 2 QBs this class. I would think we would take two next class if anything, just to put a little space in the scholarship QBs we have on the roster at one time. I like Jennings, though. I have to really look at Kincade's film. Be if he is a comparable athlete I wouldn't complain taking him over Jennings. Getting both would be awesome, but most likely far from realistic given that both probably want to be the Qb of their class for the school given their abilities.