Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huksers Offer Texas High School QB Devante Kincade

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Huksers Offer Texas High School QB Devante Kincade

Tim Beck may have found another gem....no offer yet, but don't be surprised if one comes soon.....Illnois and Notre dame already have their class QBs so I would think are not in this....
    looks like K-State is his #1 school right now....I suspect we could change that...

Sure helps that Coach Beck has those Texas High School connections having coached at that level in that state....

Dual-Threat Quarterback
    Dallas, Texas
    Skyline High School
    Ht:6'0"
    Wt:175 lbs
    40:4.68 secs
    Class:2013 (High School)
    Offers: Colorado, Illinois, Kansas State, Minnesota, Notre Dame, SMU
    Scout 4-star, Rivals: 3-star, ESPN 3-star, 247 3-star

EDIT: Jr Highlights (Very strong and accurate arm) here: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/70360/#highlights/1936374

Reminds me allot of Tommy Armstrong on film.... Good thrower both in the pocket and on the run and a really good runner....the complete package...

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Skyline's Devante Kincade lights up the Elite 11 quarterback camp

More:

Competing against some of the nation's best, Skyline junior quarterback Devante Kincade was named the Elite 11 MVP, impressing a throng of talent evaluators with good arm strength and accurate deep balls. With the MVP award, Kincade will be invited to the national Elite 11 camp, held in Redondo Beach, Calif. in July.

"It feels great, and I just thank God," Kincade told ESPN recruiting analyst Damon Sayles. "All the hard work has paid off."
    http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasne...-up-the-e.html

Dallas Skyline tradition in good hands

Story on him at the start of his Jr season:

A lot of what he does is all natural," Ra'Shaad Samples said of Kincade. "Once he starts going to camps and working with the big-time trainers, it's going to be crazy. You don't find too many quarterbacks with a lot of natural talent like he has. You don't find guys who are pass-first guys who can run."
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...dallas-skyline

I can't always tell which one he is, they keep switching uniform colors!

2011 stats:

Passing: 186 for 263 passing for 3,270 yards and 37 touchdowns/8 ints.

Running: 131 rushes for 857 yards

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    2011 stats:
    this kid is a player, with stats like this. 71% completion 6.5 ypc on the ground....... Bailey who?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

Husker Immortal
    coaches are busy

Red Shirt
    Bailey who?

Scout Team
    Wait... so the sky is not falling?

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    Wait... so the sky is not falling?
    Oh it will...it will.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Tim Beck may have found another gem....no offer yet, but don't be surprised if one comes soon.....Illnois and Notre dame already have their class QBs so I would think are not in this....
    looks like K-State is his #1 school right now....I suspect we could change that...

Sure helps that Coach Beck has those Texas High School connections having coached at that level in that state....

EDIT: Jr Highlights (Very strong and accurate arm) here: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/70360/#highlights/1936374

Reminds me allot of Tommy Armstrong on film.... Good thrower both in the pocket and on the run and a really good runner....the complete package...

Red.. Are you sure your not actually one of the Husker coaches? You are a wealth of information and I for one love it. Thanks.

Guess we will see on this one....suspect we will have some serious competition if we offer him....

Not trying to through a wrench into the machine, but did anyone notice his delivery at the 1:10 mark? Does anyone else think that one was a little strange? Just wondering.

Thanks, Reign. You're a magician.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEd View Post
    Not trying to through a wrench into the machine, but did anyone notice his delivery at the 1:10 mark? Does anyone else think that one was a little strange? Just wondering.

Thanks, Reign. You're a magician.
    Ya. Look at it again. His lineman's leg came back on him and if he would have planted his left foot...he probably would have twisted it up. (Pretty good pocket awareness if you ask me...)

Quote Originally Posted by hskrdavey View Post
    Ya. Look at it again. His lineman's leg came back on him and if he would have planted his left foot...he probably would have twisted it up. (Pretty good pocket awareness if you ask me...)
    Yeah, I see that. He had great peripheral vision and compensated very well for his perception of space limits. Very good "feel" for the space and circumstance he had. Thanks, good pick-up.

Red Shirt
    He seems bigger than his size listed as well.

Another QB recruit from Texas emerges: Devante Kincade

Proof, NU needs more than one UNI color to get this kid!

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ScbHskrFan View Post
    Proof, NU needs more than one UNI color to get this kid!
    We have Red and White... what more could you possible need

Starter
    So he's shows no interest in us on either Rivals or Scout, though he's sought by many schools, and you think we might get him? Wow, you must have good sources. But, it looks like others have already found this gem...we seem to be scrambling (which is fine). Looks to have good potential, reminds me of Steve Taylor but a bit smaller.

Shows no interest in us? Incorrect....Coach Beck has visited with him....he is interested....
    Scrambling in May for a QB? The sky is not falling...if you have info to share we would be glad to have it....

Actually you forgot to look at Husker Illustrated aka 247:

Nebraska offensive coordinator Tim Beck recently talked with Devante Kincade.
    http://nebraska.247sports.com/Articl...-targets-72288

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    So he's shows no interest in us on either Rivals or Scout, though he's sought by many schools, and you think we might get him? Wow, you must have good sources. But, it looks like others have already found this gem...we seem to be scrambling (which is fine). Looks to have good potential, reminds me of Steve Taylor but a bit smaller.