Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Dan Savage Points Out Hypocrisy in the Bible-one R rated word in video

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    I just want to say that this has been an awesome thread.
    This! So much this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    His point is that it's used to justify one notion while many, many others are conveniently ignored (kosher) or fully accepted as being 100% wrong (slavery) And, in fact, the bible has been used to justify all sorts of crimes against humanity.

I don't blame the book....I blame the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrollsker View Post
    His point is that it's used to justify one notion while many, many others are conveniently ignored (kosher) or fully accepted as being 100% wrong (slavery) And, in fact, the bible has been used to justify all sorts of crimes against humanity.

Yup, would be hard pressed to find any philosophy that hasn't been manipulated by man for nefarious ends at some point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrollsker View Post

Yup, would be hard pressed to find any philosophy that hasn't been manipulated by man for nefarious ends at some point in time.
    I can think of but one whose aim has remained pure, used only for the well-being of all humanity. After all, he WOULD make a plan and he'd follow through, that's what he'd do:
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Carolina must be an agnostic (notwithstanding his admitted disdain for any religious belief) because he claims the only honest answer is "I don't know."

That said, posts 66 and 141 are excellent examples of his closed-minded point of view.
    I don't care at all about being open-minded. Most opened minded people I know have no thoughts of their own. If nothing else I appreciate conviction. Nothing more ridiculous than some loosie goosie "yeah he's my Lord and savior but I could be wrong" kind of open-minded amirite?

For hardcore Christians who believe you've found eternal salvation you guys sure are sensitive. Lutheran is the most honest of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Ah, SUCH an "intellectual" you are! "Welp"?? Really?
    I can't remember how many infractions I've had since three different mods have handed down three different demerits since I've been so bold as to point out how ludicrous all of this is, and much like religion, the rules here are shamelessly made up as we go along, here but by the grace of God go I:

You're really really really not good at this. The Internet is not for you. You should just quit.

The fact that civilizations with no contact with each other thousands of years ago came to believe in a higher power, in often very different manners kind of proves your little picture wrong.
    Ok I take back my last post this is worse.

By the way I shot 78 on Friday for those of you scoring at home. Honestly I'd renounce my agnosticism, cash in my tithe and slit a goat's throat at the altar tomorrow morning at the early mass if I could pick up a few strokes. ************** driver.

Pray that this happens kthanxbai.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Husker View Post
    The fact that civilizations with no contact with each other thousands of years ago came to believe in a higher power, in often very different manners kind of proves your little picture wrong.
    Ok I take back my last post this is worse.
    I think I can take your posts from this thread alone and assemble DSM-5.

Most bizarre postings in a long long time.

Carolina must be an agnostic (notwithstanding his admitted disdain for any religious belief) because he claims the only honest answer is "I don't know."

That said, posts 66 and 141 are excellent examples of his closed-minded point of view.
    I don't care at all about being open-minded. Most opened minded people I know have no thoughts of their own. If nothing else I appreciate conviction. Nothing more ridiculous than some loosie goosie "yeah he's my Lord and savior but I could be wrong" kind of open-minded amirite?

For hardcore Christians who believe you've found eternal salvation you guys sure are sensitive. Lutheran is the most honest of the bunch.
    It's like Nugent and Maher threw up on the same page.

Oh my!
    It's like Nugent and Maher threw up on the same page.
    Yeah but in a political bi-polar swap sort of way...
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

I believe with all my heart in the Christian God, but I humbly acknowledge the possibility that I could be wrong.
    I respect that.
    Nothing more ridiculous than some loosie goosie "yeah he's my Lord and savior but I could be wrong" kind of open-minded amirite?
    You seem to be all over the board here. You shouldn't be lecturing anybody else about their internet posting abilities.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

If you claim to know what happens after we die, you are dishonest or delusional.

Either way, the only honest response is "I don't know."
    If nothing else I appreciate conviction.
    Oh my. This is not going well for you.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

All Big 10
    By the way I shot 78 on Friday for those of you scoring at home. Honestly I'd renounce my agnosticism, cash in my tithe and slit a goat's throat at the altar tomorrow morning at the early mass if I could pick up a few strokes. ************** driver.Pray that this happens kthanxbai.
    I really don't think God cares that much about your golf game. From your comment it seems you have a very small view of what a higher power might really be about...sadly God doesn't fit in the little box you are trying to cram Him in which is probably part of why you seem so angry about the subject.
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

God of Huskermax

What if Carolina Husker is God and he's just messing with you guys?