Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Navy SEALs: Yeah, Obama Should Probably Shut Up About bin Laden Now

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    In any event, you are quoting some ex-Navy SEAL as saying that the president ddn't really make the call,
    Or someone who claims to be an ex-Navy SEAL. This person's posting the information makes the likelihood that he is in fact an ex-Navy SEAL even more unlikely.
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    It was premature, IMO and he took hits for it. I do think W understood there is no I in team not sure about Obama.
    no but there is a.... ME

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Or someone who claims to be an ex-Navy SEAL. This person's posting the information makes the likelihood that he is in fact an ex-Navy SEAL even more unlikely.

Being a Seal doent make em the brightest bulb on the tree ....only the toughest

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Psychologically, how does one fold em when holding em is one's entire life, day after day, thread after thread?

who would I know that...I'm a prize short of a happy meal

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Being a Seal doent make em the brightest bulb on the tree ....only the toughest
    Point taken.
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

Junior Varsity
    What Mitt said is that he would prefer to have the cooperation of allies like Pakistan rather than operating unilaterally. That is an admirable principle, but I am guessing that Romney would have kept the OBL operation a secret from Pakistan too given their penchant for leaking like a sieve when we did inform them ahead of time. In any event, Politifact rated Obama's ad on Romney's position as "half true" which I think is generous.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ing-bin-laden/
    Maybe you should join Mitt's campaign or not if you don't think Obama is going to bring this up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Agree 100%. If people want a legitimate basis to criticize the president on OBL, they should focus on his disingenuous efforts to imply that Romney would not have made the same call by focusing on one statement about not "spending billions" on chasing OBL while conveniently ignoring dozens of other statements by Romney in 2008 about the importance of getting OBL brought to justice. They could get far more traction with that than with their silly efforts to manufacture an argument that Obama doesn't deserve credit for approving the operation.
    Agreed

That is not my understanding. Rather, they found OBL's suspected whereabouts in October, 2010, but wanted absolute confirmation, as well as time to fully plan the operation. They probably would only get one bite of the apple and needed to make sure it was successful.
    They never knew that OBL was there with any certainty. Had they invaded the compound and OBL not been there, or had the mission been a failure with a couple dozen dead Navy SEALs, or had there been open combat between those SEALs and Pakistan, it would have been even more politically disasterous. He did have a choice, it was a difficult choise fraught with risk either way, and he did make the right call.

In any event, you are quoting some ex-Navy SEAL as saying that the president ddn't really make the call, but that the people who know the "truth" can't talk about it. That is nonsense.
    I again quote from the OP:
    A former intelligence official who was serving in the US government when bin Laden was killed said that the Obama administration knew about the al-Qaeda leader’s whereabouts in October 2010 but delayed taking action and risked letting him escape.
    Nothing there indicates any uncertainty. Do you have links to the contrary?

Psychologically, how does one fold em when holding em is one's entire life, day after day, thread after thread?
    You don't like the threads, don't read 'em, e.g. fold.

A slight difference:

I'm pretty sure "they" (the Obama Administration) authorized the attack on the bin Laden compound. I'm also pretty sure "they" did not authorize the Hookergate (though like most of the rest of us, "they" probably deep down wish they had been there, based upon the body of the one hooker whose face was not shown. Hubba hubba.)
    Can't argue with that! They are showing her face now...

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    DON'T LIKE THE DAMN RESPONSES, DON'T START THE THREADS!

Travel Squad

I like reading extremist, divisive thought. That way I'll be able to see the abyss before we are dragged into it and can head to that property in Perth that will be the perfect place to spend my sunset years.

-- Samuel L. Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    DON'T LIKE THE DAMN RESPONSES, DON'T START THE THREADS!
    Had your blood pressure checked lately?

edit: really, man, if I upset you that much, add me to your ignore list.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    Can't argue with that! They are showing her face now...

Found her. Oh, yeah.

-- Samuel L. Jackson

Junior Varsity
    Had your blood pressure checked lately?

edit: really, man, if I upset you that much, add me to your ignore list.
    He's just upset that most threads he starts never go beyond a single page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.