Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Navy SEALs: Yeah, Obama Should Probably Shut Up About bin Laden Now

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    That's not what the original post is about. If the original post had been about Obama parading the death of OBL as a campaign issue, I would have agreed with it 100%. Instead it was about some manufactured fake claim that Obama didn't really order the operation.
    Agreed...

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Agreed...
    so let's drop it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    so let's drop it then.
    In fairness, 57, you really need to reserve the reactions you posted in this thread to times when joestrummer is online. It's not even remotely fair to Joe for you to overreact to this level of magnitude when he is not around to enjoy it.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    In fairness, 57, you really need to reserve the reactions you posted in this thread to times when joestrummer is online. It's not even remotely fair to Joe for you to overreact to this level of magnitude when he is not around to enjoy it.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I like reading extremist, divisive thought. That way I'll be able to see the abyss before we are dragged into it and can head to that property in Perth that will be the perfect place to spend my sunset years.
    Well, the Cafe is the place for you, Cardinal! There's enough craziness here to impanel another hearing on the JFK assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    This is his only success in 3-1/2 years that anybody especially the media really cares abou it has to be held onto through November. Everything else he has done has two sides to the result. OBL is a topic that basically everyone in the country is in agreement on "glad he's gone". Other major things he has done that has been in the mainstream media: Saving the country from financial disaster, well there is a large population that thinks he may have made it worse or didn't do enough or stunted growth, etc. Obamacare hasn't happened yet. If we go down the list of major line items he wanted to accomplish while he was in office this may be the only one he can put a check mark next to.
    "Only" success? Come on, man. You know that is complete BS, right? Even if you can't stand the guy's politics try to be A LITTLE truthful. I gave Bush II credit for many things, despite not liking the overall direction he was taking the nation.

Here's a more definitive list: http://whattheheckhasobamadonesofar.com/?q=7

EDIT: Replaced link with PG version of same site.
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    "Only" success? Come on, man. You know that is complete BS, right? Even if you can't stand the guy's politics try to be A LITTLE truthful. I gave Bush II credit for many things, despite not liking the overall direction he was taking the nation.

Here's a more definitive list: http://tinyurl.com/22svt72 (F word warning)
    This one is my favorite - "Appointed more openly gay officials than any other president in US history"
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    yeah sure, compare me to castro. so stupid.
    Yea, I was the bathroom over lunch and something made me think about you and my post calling you Castro. It was a little over the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Dania Londoño Suarez, the alleged Colombian hooker who helped spark a Secret Service scandal.

Dang. That rates a reply with quote.

Also, ties nicely with your sig line quote from St. Augustine. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    Yea, I was sitting on the throne over lunch and something made me think about you and my post calling you Castro. It was a little over the top.
    Please say you weren't eating lunch on the throne.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Please say you weren't eating lunch on the throne.
    Hey, I was short on time.
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    This one is my favorite - "Appointed more openly gay officials than any other president in US history"
    Your implication is that you have a problem with this. Why?

Red Shirt

Your implication is that you have a problem with this. Why?
    No problem with it, it just isn't really an accomplishment. Its like saying I hired the most left handers in history.

Society Crazy Indeed
    No problem with it, it just isn't really an accomplishment. Its like saying I hired the most left handers in history.
    would you give em all right handed scissors or give em the tools to get the job done....Obama gave them the tool needed to get it done

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    would you give em all right handed scissors or give em the tools to get the job done....Obama gave them the tool needed to get it done

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    Well, Biden says he has a big one!

Red Shirt

What tool did he give them?

Society Crazy Indeed
    What tool did he give them?
    the order....hard to do it on their own without it

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Red Shirt

the order....hard to do it on their own without it
    I was referring more to the hiring of gay officials, not the order. I gave props to Obama for the mission, that was a job well done.

Junior Varsity
    This is not a great comparison. Many Americans would like a government that reflects the diversity of the citizens it serves. Major corporations strive to do the same. Why is it not an accomplishment?

Husker Immortal
    This is not a great comparison. Many Americans would like a government that reflects the diversity of the citizens it serves. Major corporations strive to do the same. Why is it not an accomplishment?
    As compared with helping to bankrupt America, I suppose it's a great victory.
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."