Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Navy SEALs: Yeah, Obama Should Probably Shut Up About bin Laden Now

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Is it true that in Guantanamo they have replaced waterboarding with having to watch endless hours of Obama speeches?
    No, but I think they are forced to blog with the conservative cafe all-stars.
    "OK. Appreciate the info." Bo Pelini

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    No, but I think they are forced to blog with the conservative cafe all-stars.
    The conservatives prefer waterboarding.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

All American
    I'm glad he's dead.

I don't care who made the final call, but I do wish BOTH sides would stop trying to politicize this.
    Bring Jim Tressel to Lincoln!

Heisman
    I've been blaspheming for 3 1/2 years and I hope I can stop soon.
    .......only 4.5 years to go.......YOU can DO it.......
    ​le veau d'or

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    Why the hostility? Of course I'm glad he's dead. As I said earlier, I gave credit to Obama for giving the go-ahead.

Do you think it's okay for Obama to use the success of the operation to score political points? Do you think it's okay for Obama to claim Romney wouldn't have pulled the trigger (figuratively?)
    Hell yes, he should use it to score political points. If the operation failed, the pubs would have used it to score political points. I'm sure there are quite a few on this board that would have like to see the operation fail becauase it fits their political agenda.

Patriot Act, immigration policies, disproportionate criminalization, illegal detainment, torture, profiteering by the military industrial complex...you name it.
    Source for any of these, other than the Patriot Act, which has since been amended to remain Constitutional? None of the above seem to have anything to do with the OP.

I for one am glad that they got OBL. The problem that permeates this BO administration is a lack of humility. They take full responsibility for this act, but shirk responsibility for bad moves like Fast and Furious and the Secret Service Hookergate.

Is it true that in Guantanamo they have replaced waterboarding with having to watch endless hours of Obama speeches?
    Hell, I'd take the waterboarding. At least that icky feeling of the situation could be washed off...

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    Hell yes, he should use it to score political points. If the operation failed, the pubs would have used it to score political points. I'm sure there are quite a few on this board that would have like to see the operation fail becauase it fits their political agenda.
    Imagine the political points if they still had OBL's body. They could take it along on the campaign trail....
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

Not me. I don't really care who is in office as long as the country does well. Kudos for Obama for green-lighting this, no matter the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    For a fairly evenhanded and definitely thorough overview of the events of that night and the planning leading up to them--yes, intel dated back to 2010 and it still wasn't confirmed that it was him when they went in, did anyone think they found out about this compound a few weeks before we attacked?--here's a good read. http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2..._fact_schmidle
    Now that looks like a legitimate piece of journalism. The people who are trying so hard to undermine this achievement come off as looking really desperate, and all they are doing is rallying people to Obama's side. It's a cheap shot to say that "Obama didn't make the call, but the people who can confirm that fact have to keep it a secret." If Mr. ex-Navy SEAL can substantiate his statement, then he should back it up, if he can't, then he should expect to get called out as a liar. Of course Obama made the call; he is the commander in chief.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Patriot Act, immigration policies, disproportionate criminalization, illegal detainment, torture, profiteering by the military industrial complex...you name it.
    And other than the possibility of torture, which did Obama put an end to?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    I'm glad he's dead.

I don't care who made the final call, but I do wish BOTH sides would stop trying to politicize this.
    Agree 100%. If people want a legitimate basis to criticize the president on OBL, they should focus on his disingenuous efforts to imply that Romney would not have made the same call by focusing on one statement about not "spending billions" on chasing OBL while conveniently ignoring dozens of other statements by Romney in 2008 about the importance of getting OBL brought to justice. They could get far more traction with that than with their silly efforts to manufacture an argument that Obama doesn't deserve credit for approving the operation.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

All Legend
    Imagine the political points if they still had OBL's body. They could take it along on the campaign trail....
    Yep....could put it on display and charge admission....that would probably put a dent in the debt

I agree the opposition would have used a failed operation to score points. Whether or not such a failure is political fodder depends on why it failed.
    I strongly disagree there are "quite a few on this board" that would have preferred the mission fail.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    And other than the possibility of torture, which did Obama put an end to?
    we are all still hoping for he puts a end to your access to the internet