Get tickets for all Husker games here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 198

Thread: Navy SEALs: Yeah, Obama Should Probably Shut Up About bin Laden Now

  1. #151
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    72,560
    Quote Originally Posted by bugeater61 View Post
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. " C.S.Lewis


  2. #152
    Blackshirt
    Husker Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    14,244
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    The stunning amount of disrespect and poor judgment used in this post discredits any value you bring to the BBS.

    He's the freakin' President. Show just a modicum of respect.
    "We’re taking over a good team with a lot of good players that have had a lot of success, so we need to take it to the next level now."
    Trent Bray, Assistant Coach, Nebraska

  3. #153
    Guest

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Papillion, NE
    Posts
    3,743
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    The stunning amount of disrespect and poor judgment used in this post discredits any value you bring to the BBS.

    He's the freakin' President. Show just a modicum of respect.
    In the interest of fairness and balance:


  4. #154
    Blackshirt
    Husker Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    14,244
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    In the interest of fairness and balance:

    Equally offensive and equally disrespectful.
    "We’re taking over a good team with a lot of good players that have had a lot of success, so we need to take it to the next level now."
    Trent Bray, Assistant Coach, Nebraska

  5. #155
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    72,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    The stunning amount of disrespect and poor judgment used in this post discredits any value you bring to the BBS.

    He's the freakin' President. Show just a modicum of respect.

    Mort, I apologize if I have offended your sensitive spirit. I have great respect for the Office of the President, but I have very little respect for the guy currently holding that office. I also love my country greatly and believe the "freakin' President" has harmed my country with his fiscal irresponsibility and social policies. I believe my post shows no more disrespect of him than he has shown for the U.S. Constitution. Perhaps on reflection, the guy best suited for a clown suit would have been Joe Biden. Nonetheless, if we meet sometime at a Husker event, please allow me to buy you a beer and we can talk about something other than politics.

    By the way, it's an election cycle. If you were offended by this post, it's likely to get worse before it gets better. Cheers!
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. " C.S.Lewis


  6. #156
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    72,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    Equally offensive and equally disrespectful.
    Yeah, I thought George W really underperformed in the Office of President as well.
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. " C.S.Lewis


  7. #157
    Blackshirt
    Husker Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    14,244
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Mort, I apologize if I have offended your sensitive spirit. I have great respect for the Office of the President, but I have very little respect for the guy currently holding that office. I also love my country greatly and believe the "freakin' President" has harmed my country with his fiscal irresponsibility and social policies. I believe my post shows no more disrespect of him than he has shown for the U.S. Constitution. Perhaps on reflection, the guy best suited for a clown suit would have been Joe Biden. Nonetheless, if we meet sometime at a Husker event, please allow me to buy you a beer and we can talk about something other than politics.

    By the way, it's an election cycle. If you were offended by this post, it's likely to get worse before it gets better. Cheers!
    How do you rectify this statement?
    "We’re taking over a good team with a lot of good players that have had a lot of success, so we need to take it to the next level now."
    Trent Bray, Assistant Coach, Nebraska

  8. #158
    Husker Fan

    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    42,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    How do you rectify this statement?
    he's just eating bad crab these days off the eastern shores of maryland.

  9. #159
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    72,560
    There is a difference between respecting the position versus the person.
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. " C.S.Lewis


  10. #160
    Blackshirt
    Husker Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    14,244
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    There is a difference between respecting the position versus the person.
    No, there's not. The person IS the position.
    "We’re taking over a good team with a lot of good players that have had a lot of success, so we need to take it to the next level now."
    Trent Bray, Assistant Coach, Nebraska

  11. #161
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    72,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    No, there's not. The person IS the position.
    We disagree on that one.
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. " C.S.Lewis


  12. #162
    Husker Fan

    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    42,044
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    We disagree on that one.
    then how did you respect Bush so much?

  13. #163
    Varsity

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    cibolo via valentine, ne
    Posts
    11,248
    OBl and Ghdafy are both gone. Kudos to Obama! !!

  14. #164
    Guest

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Papillion, NE
    Posts
    3,743
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    In the interest of fairness and balance:

    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    Equally offensive and equally disrespectful.
    Did you think so at the time (and speak out as vehemently against) or just willing to say so now to avoid accusations of hypocracy?

  15. #165
    Blackshirt
    Husker Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    14,244
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    Did you think so at the time (and speak out as vehemently against) or just willing to say so now to avoid accusations of hypocracy?
    I did, thanks.
    "We’re taking over a good team with a lot of good players that have had a lot of success, so we need to take it to the next level now."
    Trent Bray, Assistant Coach, Nebraska







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •