Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Navy SEALs: Yeah, Obama Should Probably Shut Up About bin Laden Now

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Agree 100%. If people want a legitimate basis to criticize the president on OBL, they should focus on his disingenuous efforts to imply that Romney would not have made the same call by focusing on one statement about not "spending billions" on chasing OBL while conveniently ignoring dozens of other statements by Romney in 2008 about the importance of getting OBL brought to justice. They could get far more traction with that than with their silly efforts to manufacture an argument that Obama doesn't deserve credit for approving the operation.
    I did 3 days ago in the gutsy call thread and only RBB wanted to discuss.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

All Legend
    I don't think any politician EVER would have covered himself in the flag and tried to worm his way into credit for the successes of our armed forces, the ones who took the REAL risks, as shamefully as Obama has...

since the last one...

s-BUSH-FLIGHT-SUIT-large.jpg

...and until the next.
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    Because I don't view gay people different than anyone else when hiring as you must, its just the hiring of another person to me. This "accomplishment" shows me that this government views gays as different than everyone else and seperates them out into a group. And its sad that this government points it out and people like yourself agree that seperating a group of people out just because of their sexual desires is an accomplishment in this country.
    While you claim to see no differences, ala Steven Colbert, our society has managed to segregate homosexuals and apply a different standard when assigning their rights. It must be comforting for the GLBT crowd to know that their elected leaders understand the disparities and are actively trying to include their perspective into myriad conversations. Sometimes it's helpful to acknowledge differences instead of pretending they don't exist and that we can all operate without bias.
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    While you claim to see no differences, ala Steven Colbert, our society has managed to segregate homosexuals and apply a different standard when assigning their rights. It must be comforting for the GLBT crowd to know that their elected leaders understand the disparities and are actively trying to include their perspective into myriad conversations. Sometimes it's helpful to acknowledge differences instead of pretending they don't exist and that we can all operate without bias.
    Operating without bias may be an aspirational concept, but it is rare to see it practically applied. We all have biases of some form or fashion that influence us every day. Most on this forum may even admit to their bias as a Husker fan.
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Operating without bias may be an aspirational concept, but it is rare to see it practically applied. We all have biases of some form or fashion that influence us every day. Most on this forum may even admit to their bias as a Husker fan.
    That is exactly what I was saying. "Pretending...that we can all operate without bias."

Husker Immortal
    That is exactly what I was saying. "Pretending...that we can all operate without bias."
    My biases probably reflect some of my most compelling attributes.......and some days I even pretend to like you Mort.
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."

Red Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    then why the big deal over what the secret service did.....? Wasnt that just sexual desires but people want to crucify them because they had em on the job....Oh wait thats what they say about gays in the Military...I dont want to be hit on in a fox hole...lmao
    If it was off the clock no problem by me, if it was outside of their contracts or if it in any way compromised the security of the President then yeah people should have a problem with it. If people say that about gays in the military then its just ignorance on their part, but I don't think that is something you will ever be able to do away with no matter the laws/regulations in place.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-may-1-2012/victory-lapse---the-anniversary-of-osama-bin-laden-s-death

The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
    Victory Lapse - The Anniversary of Osama bin Laden's Death
    www.thedailyshow.com
    Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook

Victory Lapse - The Anniversary of Osama bin Laden's DeathIn a cacophony of galling forgetfulness, Republicans accuse President Obama of an unseemly leveraging of his role in Osama bin Laden's death.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/413497/may-01-2012/barack-obama-s-transparent-trip---football-spike-ad

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
    Barack Obama's Transparent Trip & Football Spike Ad
    www.colbertnation.com
    Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogVideo Archive

Barack Obama's Transparent Trip & Football Spike Ad Barack Obama cynically uses the anniversary of ordering the hit on Osama bin Laden to order a hit on Mitt Romney. (03:45)

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    I agree the opposition would have used a failed operation to score points. Whether or not such a failure is political fodder depends on why it failed.
    I strongly disagree there are "quite a few on this board" that would have preferred the mission fail.
    I think their are some really myopic folks here that would rather have had a Iran Hostage Rescue clusterfudge in Pakistan if that meant Obama wouldn't get reelected.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by bugeater61 View Post

Junior Varsity
    The stunning amount of disrespect and poor judgment used in this post discredits any value you bring to the BBS.

He's the freakin' President. Show just a modicum of respect.

The stunning amount of disrespect and poor judgment used in this post discredits any value you bring to the BBS.

In the interest of fairness and balance:

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    In the interest of fairness and balance:

Equally offensive and equally disrespectful.

Husker Immortal

Mort, I apologize if I have offended your sensitive spirit. I have great respect for the Office of the President, but I have very little respect for the guy currently holding that office. I also love my country greatly and believe the "freakin' President" has harmed my country with his fiscal irresponsibility and social policies. I believe my post shows no more disrespect of him than he has shown for the U.S. Constitution. Perhaps on reflection, the guy best suited for a clown suit would have been Joe Biden. Nonetheless, if we meet sometime at a Husker event, please allow me to buy you a beer and we can talk about something other than politics.

By the way, it's an election cycle. If you were offended by this post, it's likely to get worse before it gets better. Cheers!

Husker Immortal
    Equally offensive and equally disrespectful.
    Yeah, I thought George W really underperformed in the Office of President as well.

Junior Varsity
    Mort, I apologize if I have offended your sensitive spirit. I have great respect for the Office of the President, but I have very little respect for the guy currently holding that office. I also love my country greatly and believe the "freakin' President" has harmed my country with his fiscal irresponsibility and social policies. I believe my post shows no more disrespect of him than he has shown for the U.S. Constitution. Perhaps on reflection, the guy best suited for a clown suit would have been Joe Biden. Nonetheless, if we meet sometime at a Husker event, please allow me to buy you a beer and we can talk about something other than politics.

By the way, it's an election cycle. If you were offended by this post, it's likely to get worse before it gets better. Cheers!
    How do you rectify this statement?

How do you rectify this statement?
    he's just eating bad crab these days off the eastern shores of maryland.

Husker Immortal
    There is a difference between respecting the position versus the person.

Junior Varsity
    There is a difference between respecting the position versus the person.
    No, there's not. The person IS the position.