Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A name to keep an eye out on.

He seems to be pushing Iowa and suggesting this is a horse race for his commit...so what you said makes sense...thnaks..

Quote Originally Posted by The Lummox View Post
    Stu Whitney has been a Husker basher since I met him in 1995. Tough to believe anything he writes about them since. He wrote a great article a few years back how Husker fans don't get it and he doesn't ever want to go to Lincoln. He's a clown.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    True and that is a good thing because if he is selected to the AA Game he is going to explode with offers and attention....I suspect he ends up in Nebraska...location is big too for him and his folks....location actually helps us this time...
    exactly....people should keep in mind that husker football is very popular in sioux falls and if he actually said Nebraska is his dream school i would be very suprised if he didnt end up there. everywhere i turn i run into husker fans, it seems like even people like myself that went to a SD university still watch the huskers more than anything. Husker football is more national, its big time so many people keep track our own universities but have also sort of adopted Nebraska as well because it is so close. Its the school from the state we have something in common with but is also big time college football to get excited about every fall. not saying that means every kid would want to go to NU, im just saying i would think NU would have very good luck recruiting out of Sioux Falls.
    Whenever you think it can't get any worse for the huskers, just remember the glory days of Callahan.

Sean Callahan @Sean_CallahanMinnesota is the latest team to offer Sioux Falls standout @NathanGerry today. Three offers in three days now.

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Sean Callahan @Sean_CallahanMinnesota is the latest team to offer Sioux Falls standout @NathanGerry today. Three offers in three days now.
    Keep em coming for the kid!!!!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Will only help his star count when we commits to us and goes to the AA game...

Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Keep em coming for the kid!!!!

Will be a Husker.....but racking up some nice offers....

Sean Callahan @Sean_CallahanArizona State is the latest team to offer Sioux Falls standout @NathanGerry. Michigan State could be next.

Red Shirt
    Had a chance to watch this young man run in the State Track & Field Championships this weekend and wow, he is pretty impressive. His HS (SF Washington) won the boys team title, he placed 2nd in the 100M with a 11.00 run (also ran 11.00 in the prelims), they placed 2nd in the 4x100 (43.6) with him running the opening leg, and he also won the 200 with a 21.83 which was .03 off the state record time. I'm guessing he might have run another event, but there was talk of him throwing up after running in the 4x100 IIRC, so perhaps he wasn't feeling well enough to run another one. I will say though, he's already a well-built kid and with that type of speed, it would be great to see him come to Nebraska.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever! View Post
    Had a chance to watch this young man run in the State Track & Field Championships this weekend and wow, he is pretty impressive. His HS (SF Washington) won the boys team title, he placed 2nd in the 100M with a 11.00 run (also ran 11.00 in the prelims), they placed 2nd in the 4x100 (43.6) with him running the opening leg, and he also won the 200 with a 21.83 which was .03 off the state record time. I'm guessing he might have run another event, but there was talk of him throwing up after running in the 4x100 IIRC, so perhaps he wasn't feeling well enough to run another one. I will say though, he's already a well-built kid and with that type of speed, it would be great to see him come to Nebraska.

Thanks for the update! I really want this kid to be "N"!!!!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by MsideHuskers View Post
    Living in Sioux City I can say that SDU and USD go D1 has made a big difference both here and in Sioux Falls. SF Washington, SF Gorman, and SC Heelan are all doing a good job getting kids ready for the next level.
    As I recall before Sioux Falls quit playing the Sioux City schools they held their own pretty good especially Washington.
    Husker follower since 1962

Quote Originally Posted by denisonred View Post
    As I recall before Sioux Falls quit playing the Sioux City schools they held their own pretty good especially Washington.
    Yes you are correct as they should since sioux falls is quite a bit larger than sioux city.SF lincoln probably did the worst but lincoln was not good at all back then in football, they have improved mightily since then as well tho.
    Whenever you think it can't get any worse for the huskers, just remember the glory days of Callahan.

Red Shirt
    It appears as far as getting kids to the next level, SF Washington and SF Roosevelt are leading the pack for football. SF O'Gorman is tough every year, but that has more to do with people not being able to stop their double wing offense and how technically sound it is, not necessarily how good of football players they have. I would say they are more of a baseball school although they are good in basically every sport. SF Lincoln is decent in football, but their stronger suit over recent years has definitely been basketball. These four schools are definitely the class of the field in AA, but with the population explosion around SF, I would imagine over the next 10 years things might even out some as Brandon Valley will only get better and there might be some area schools moving up such as Tea, Lennox, Dell Rapids, Harrisburg, and Hartford (West Central).
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."