Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A name to keep an eye out on.

One would have to think we are in very good shape with him...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Red Shirt
    I think there is some subtle hints that he likes Nebraska. "Dream school", “It was a “10” and more visits planned.

With his size, frame and speed he could play S,LB,WR or TE. So much depends on how much he grows.

Red Shirt
    A guy I was playing golf with the other day, teaches at Washington and was there when the coach showed up with the offer. When I asked him if he thought he would end up at Nebraska, he thought he would. He said Gerry has always been a Husker fan. Someone could do some checking, but I wouldn't be surprised if his dad is a disciple of George Sullivan.
    Nebraska Football
    I don't know any other way to live...

As in Sully the retired Athletic Trainer?

I found when I lived in the Black Hills and met my wife that most folks seemed to be Husker fans....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lummox View Post
    A guy I was playing golf with the other day, teaches at Washington and was there when the coach showed up with the offer. When I asked him if he thought he would end up at Nebraska, he thought he would. He said Gerry has always been a Husker fan. Someone could do some checking, but I wouldn't be surprised if his dad is a disciple of George Sullivan.

No surprise more offers coming in....

Sean Callahan @Sean_CallahanIowa State joined the @NathanGerry race. The Cyclones just offered the Sioux Falls product today. Nebraska and Iowa have already offered.

Whitney: Nebraska joins Nate Gerry sweepstakes

From the Sioux Falls Argus.....decision sounds like will be in the next few months...if he ends up at the AA Game I would think he has a chance at a 4 **** rating before its said and done...

Gerry plans to make a verbal commitment before the high school season so he can focus on another championship bid for Washington, which fell to Roosevelt in last year’s finals.

“Making the decision early will allow me to concentrate on the season,” said Gerry, who plans to major in either sports management or engineering.

In addition to attending an elite Nike football camp in Memphis in June, Gerry will participate in several individual camps at BCS schools. He has also been nominated to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in January in San Antonio.
    Pelini and his crew are recruiting Gerry as a safety or possibly an outside linebacker, depending on how much he bulks up.
    Many are taking notice. Gerry spoke with an Arizona State assistant Monday night and expects the Sun Devils to make an offer soon, while Michigan State (through assistant Brad Salem, formerly Augustana’s head coach) has also shown interest.
    Whole article here....worth a read:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

Yup some real giddy-up....

Gerry is also a sprinter, having posted a time of 10.69 seconds in the 100-meter dash and :21.81 in the 200.
    http://my.journalstar.com/post/Huske...oux_falls.html

True and that is a good thing because if he is selected to the AA Game he is going to explode with offers and attention....I suspect he ends up in Nebraska...location is big too for him and his folks....location actually helps us this time...

Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    I think there is some subtle hints that he likes Nebraska. "Dream school", “It was a “10” and more visits planned.

With his size, frame and speed he could play S,LB,WR or TE. So much depends on how much he grows.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by SUHper husker View Post
    I agree with you. I was born and raised and still live in sioux falls and i can tell you this much, the sioux falls public schools along with Private school O'Gorman and even Brandon which is just a few miles away are superior to the rest of the state in football other than a once in a while type situation. i would disagree with you about the USD and SDSU comment. i do believe that helps football in the state but people that live in sioux falls will understand what im about to say, the University of Sioux Falls football program has been very intriguing to watch over the years because of how dominant they have been even though at the NAIA level. look into that programs past and i think you will understand how sioux falls football has really taken advantage of having a program like that in the city. It doesnt hurt now that sioux falls has two division two programs in USF and Augustana College. just my opinion though, im happy to see a hometown guy get the offer he was hoping for.
    Don't know how I forgot the U of Sioux along with Morningside. They both have done very well in football and that is just another reason for the increase in the quality of the programs.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    From the Sioux Falls Argus.....decision sounds like will be in the next few months...if he ends up at the AA Game I would think he has a chance at a 4 **** rating before its said and done...

Whole article here....worth a read:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports
    Stu Whitney has been a Husker basher since I met him in 1995. Tough to believe anything he writes about them since. He wrote a great article a few years back how Husker fans don't get it and he doesn't ever want to go to Lincoln. He's a clown.
    Nebraska Football
    I don't know any other way to live...

He seems to be pushing Iowa and suggesting this is a horse race for his commit...so what you said makes sense...thnaks..

Quote Originally Posted by The Lummox View Post
    Stu Whitney has been a Husker basher since I met him in 1995. Tough to believe anything he writes about them since. He wrote a great article a few years back how Husker fans don't get it and he doesn't ever want to go to Lincoln. He's a clown.

True and that is a good thing because if he is selected to the AA Game he is going to explode with offers and attention....I suspect he ends up in Nebraska...location is big too for him and his folks....location actually helps us this time...
    exactly....people should keep in mind that husker football is very popular in sioux falls and if he actually said Nebraska is his dream school i would be very suprised if he didnt end up there. everywhere i turn i run into husker fans, it seems like even people like myself that went to a SD university still watch the huskers more than anything. Husker football is more national, its big time so many people keep track our own universities but have also sort of adopted Nebraska as well because it is so close. Its the school from the state we have something in common with but is also big time college football to get excited about every fall. not saying that means every kid would want to go to NU, im just saying i would think NU would have very good luck recruiting out of Sioux Falls.
    Whenever you think it can't get any worse for the huskers, just remember the glory days of Callahan.

Sean Callahan @Sean_CallahanMinnesota is the latest team to offer Sioux Falls standout @NathanGerry today. Three offers in three days now.

#1 Husker Fan
    Sean Callahan @Sean_CallahanMinnesota is the latest team to offer Sioux Falls standout @NathanGerry today. Three offers in three days now.
    Keep em coming for the kid!!!!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Will only help his star count when we commits to us and goes to the AA game...

Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Keep em coming for the kid!!!!

Will be a Husker.....but racking up some nice offers....

Sean Callahan @Sean_CallahanArizona State is the latest team to offer Sioux Falls standout @NathanGerry. Michigan State could be next.

Red Shirt
    Had a chance to watch this young man run in the State Track & Field Championships this weekend and wow, he is pretty impressive. His HS (SF Washington) won the boys team title, he placed 2nd in the 100M with a 11.00 run (also ran 11.00 in the prelims), they placed 2nd in the 4x100 (43.6) with him running the opening leg, and he also won the 200 with a 21.83 which was .03 off the state record time. I'm guessing he might have run another event, but there was talk of him throwing up after running in the 4x100 IIRC, so perhaps he wasn't feeling well enough to run another one. I will say though, he's already a well-built kid and with that type of speed, it would be great to see him come to Nebraska.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever! View Post
    Had a chance to watch this young man run in the State Track & Field Championships this weekend and wow, he is pretty impressive. His HS (SF Washington) won the boys team title, he placed 2nd in the 100M with a 11.00 run (also ran 11.00 in the prelims), they placed 2nd in the 4x100 (43.6) with him running the opening leg, and he also won the 200 with a 21.83 which was .03 off the state record time. I'm guessing he might have run another event, but there was talk of him throwing up after running in the 4x100 IIRC, so perhaps he wasn't feeling well enough to run another one. I will say though, he's already a well-built kid and with that type of speed, it would be great to see him come to Nebraska.

Thanks for the update! I really want this kid to be "N"!!!!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by MsideHuskers View Post
    Living in Sioux City I can say that SDU and USD go D1 has made a big difference both here and in Sioux Falls. SF Washington, SF Gorman, and SC Heelan are all doing a good job getting kids ready for the next level.
    As I recall before Sioux Falls quit playing the Sioux City schools they held their own pretty good especially Washington.
    Husker follower since 1962

Quote Originally Posted by denisonred View Post
    As I recall before Sioux Falls quit playing the Sioux City schools they held their own pretty good especially Washington.
    Yes you are correct as they should since sioux falls is quite a bit larger than sioux city.SF lincoln probably did the worst but lincoln was not good at all back then in football, they have improved mightily since then as well tho.
    Whenever you think it can't get any worse for the huskers, just remember the glory days of Callahan.