Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A name to keep an eye out on.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    On paper and film he looks really good....South Dakota kids rarely get rated high for all of the obvious reasons....as I know you already know...

Not a bad caliber of HS ball in the Sioux Falls area either....

As for stars as we both know I'll take a kid like this anyday....he wants to be in Lincoln and is going to give us 110% at all times....and looks like he could be a real sleeper as far as talent goes...
    Remember back during the 90s we had a couple brothers out of South Dakota who were solid players for us cannot remember the name now. Now the older brother got suspended from bowl game and was a wingback.
    Husker follower since 1962

Husker Immortal
    Jon and Mark Vedral

Also Mike Vedral....

Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    Jon and Mark Vedral
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Free content article on Scout:

Highlight:

Gerry says that Nebraska actually likes him as a linebacker.

“They are saying athlete still and they want to see where I could fit the best. They like me best right now as an outside linebacker because they think that I can carry some more weight and keep my speed. "

“I am about 6-foot-2.5 and 206-pounds, but I am in track season. I am going to try and put some weight on over the summer. I am fine with defense and linebacker. It’s only my first year on defense this past year and I moved from the secondary to defensive end to linebacker.”
    Much more here:

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1182603.html

Another free content article from the Spring Game:

Highlight:

Gerry said on Friday that Nebraska was his dream school and after a weekend that didn’t include a spring game it still couldn’t have been a lot better for Gerry. He gave the weekend a perfect rating.

“It was a “10”, definitely. I liked everything. They really threat their athletes well. My favorite thing was probably the weight room. I was a little bummed that I didn’t see the spring game because they get 60,000 to show up to that game.
    “I am going to try and get there for summer camp and again this fall for some visits.
    http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1177442.html

One would have to think we are in very good shape with him...

Red Shirt
    I think there is some subtle hints that he likes Nebraska. "Dream school", “It was a “10” and more visits planned.

With his size, frame and speed he could play S,LB,WR or TE. So much depends on how much he grows.

Red Shirt
    A guy I was playing golf with the other day, teaches at Washington and was there when the coach showed up with the offer. When I asked him if he thought he would end up at Nebraska, he thought he would. He said Gerry has always been a Husker fan. Someone could do some checking, but I wouldn't be surprised if his dad is a disciple of George Sullivan.
    Nebraska Football
    I don't know any other way to live...

As in Sully the retired Athletic Trainer?

I found when I lived in the Black Hills and met my wife that most folks seemed to be Husker fans....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lummox View Post
    A guy I was playing golf with the other day, teaches at Washington and was there when the coach showed up with the offer. When I asked him if he thought he would end up at Nebraska, he thought he would. He said Gerry has always been a Husker fan. Someone could do some checking, but I wouldn't be surprised if his dad is a disciple of George Sullivan.

No surprise more offers coming in....

Sean Callahan @Sean_CallahanIowa State joined the @NathanGerry race. The Cyclones just offered the Sioux Falls product today. Nebraska and Iowa have already offered.

Whitney: Nebraska joins Nate Gerry sweepstakes

From the Sioux Falls Argus.....decision sounds like will be in the next few months...if he ends up at the AA Game I would think he has a chance at a 4 **** rating before its said and done...

Gerry plans to make a verbal commitment before the high school season so he can focus on another championship bid for Washington, which fell to Roosevelt in last year’s finals.

“Making the decision early will allow me to concentrate on the season,” said Gerry, who plans to major in either sports management or engineering.

In addition to attending an elite Nike football camp in Memphis in June, Gerry will participate in several individual camps at BCS schools. He has also been nominated to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in January in San Antonio.
    Pelini and his crew are recruiting Gerry as a safety or possibly an outside linebacker, depending on how much he bulks up.
    Many are taking notice. Gerry spoke with an Arizona State assistant Monday night and expects the Sun Devils to make an offer soon, while Michigan State (through assistant Brad Salem, formerly Augustana’s head coach) has also shown interest.
    Whole article here....worth a read:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

Yup some real giddy-up....

Gerry is also a sprinter, having posted a time of 10.69 seconds in the 100-meter dash and :21.81 in the 200.
    http://my.journalstar.com/post/Huske...oux_falls.html

True and that is a good thing because if he is selected to the AA Game he is going to explode with offers and attention....I suspect he ends up in Nebraska...location is big too for him and his folks....location actually helps us this time...

Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    I think there is some subtle hints that he likes Nebraska. "Dream school", “It was a “10” and more visits planned.

With his size, frame and speed he could play S,LB,WR or TE. So much depends on how much he grows.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by SUHper husker View Post
    I agree with you. I was born and raised and still live in sioux falls and i can tell you this much, the sioux falls public schools along with Private school O'Gorman and even Brandon which is just a few miles away are superior to the rest of the state in football other than a once in a while type situation. i would disagree with you about the USD and SDSU comment. i do believe that helps football in the state but people that live in sioux falls will understand what im about to say, the University of Sioux Falls football program has been very intriguing to watch over the years because of how dominant they have been even though at the NAIA level. look into that programs past and i think you will understand how sioux falls football has really taken advantage of having a program like that in the city. It doesnt hurt now that sioux falls has two division two programs in USF and Augustana College. just my opinion though, im happy to see a hometown guy get the offer he was hoping for.
    Don't know how I forgot the U of Sioux along with Morningside. They both have done very well in football and that is just another reason for the increase in the quality of the programs.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    From the Sioux Falls Argus.....decision sounds like will be in the next few months...if he ends up at the AA Game I would think he has a chance at a 4 **** rating before its said and done...

Whole article here....worth a read:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports
    Stu Whitney has been a Husker basher since I met him in 1995. Tough to believe anything he writes about them since. He wrote a great article a few years back how Husker fans don't get it and he doesn't ever want to go to Lincoln. He's a clown.
    Nebraska Football
    I don't know any other way to live...