Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A name to keep an eye out on.

#1 Husker Fan

A name to keep an eye out on.

Nathan Gerry. HS kid out of Sioux Falls SD. Currently projected as an athlete! I would love to have this under the radar kid come to NU! Recently recieved an offer from us.
    Ht:6'2"
    Wt:206 lbs
    40:4.42 secs
    Bench Max:290
    Squat Max:525
    Shuttle:4.2
    Vertical:33 inches

I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks SB.......glad to see he finally got the offer....my wife is from South Dakota so we have a warm spot in our hearts for South Dakota boys who come to Nebraska...that is some giddy-up to boot....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

I would be really surprised if he doesn't commit to Nebraska as he really loves the Huskers and has made no bones about that....

Looking at him as a LB or S....either way he looks the part and that giddy-up is going to be big where ever he plays...an athlete with speed..you can't teach that....

Iowa is his other big offer at this point in time...I think we beat them out on him...

He's been on record calling Nebraska his 'dream school.'

247 Player Profile

That seals it then..

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    He's been on record calling Nebraska his 'dream school.'

247 Player Profile

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    That seals it then..
    In the bag...just like Bailey.
    "OK. Appreciate the info." Bo Pelini

Huge difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post

#1 Husker Fan
    I see him being "N." He wont have the stars others are looking for, but he will make a big impact for us. I love it when kids get to play for their "dream school!"
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On paper and film he looks really good....South Dakota kids rarely get rated high for all of the obvious reasons....as I know you already know...

Not a bad caliber of HS ball in the Sioux Falls area either....

As for stars as we both know I'll take a kid like this anyday....he wants to be in Lincoln and is going to give us 110% at all times....and looks like he could be a real sleeper as far as talent goes...

Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    I see him being "N." He wont have the stars others are looking for, but he will make a big impact for us. I love it when kids get to play for their "dream school!"

Junior Varsity
    Sioux Falls schools have increased their quality significantly over the last few years. They have distanced themselves from the rest of the state by a significant margin. As I understand it the biggest reason is the city youth football program. I suspect that the move to FBS by SDSU and USD has also helped as well. Washington has been the marquee program over the last two years with some D1 caliber athletes.

Hope NU ends up with this young man.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    On paper and film he looks really good....South Dakota kids rarely get rated high for all of the obvious reasons....as I know you already know...

Not a bad caliber of HS ball in the Sioux Falls area either....

As for stars as we both know I'll take a kid like this anyday....he wants to be in Lincoln and is going to give us 110% at all times....and looks like he could be a real sleeper as far as talent goes...

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Yeoman View Post
    Sioux Falls schools have increased their quality significantly over the last few years. They have distanced themselves from the rest of the state by a significant margin. As I understand it the biggest reason is the city youth football program. I suspect that the move to FBS by SDSU and USD has also helped as well. Washington has been the marquee program over the last two years with some D1 caliber athletes.

Hope NU ends up with this young man.
    Living in Sioux City I can say that SDU and USD go D1 has made a big difference both here and in Sioux Falls. SF Washington, SF Gorman, and SC Heelan are all doing a good job getting kids ready for the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by MsideHuskers View Post
    Living in Sioux City I can say that SDU and USD go D1 has made a big difference both here and in Sioux Falls. SF Washington, SF Gorman, and SC Heelan are all doing a good job getting kids ready for the next level.
    I agree with you. I was born and raised and still live in sioux falls and i can tell you this much, the sioux falls public schools along with Private school O'Gorman and even Brandon which is just a few miles away are superior to the rest of the state in football other than a once in a while type situation. i would disagree with you about the USD and SDSU comment. i do believe that helps football in the state but people that live in sioux falls will understand what im about to say, the University of Sioux Falls football program has been very intriguing to watch over the years because of how dominant they have been even though at the NAIA level. look into that programs past and i think you will understand how sioux falls football has really taken advantage of having a program like that in the city. It doesnt hurt now that sioux falls has two division two programs in USF and Augustana College. just my opinion though, im happy to see a hometown guy get the offer he was hoping for.
    Whenever you think it can't get any worse for the huskers, just remember the glory days of Callahan.

Quote Originally Posted by SUHper husker View Post
    I agree with you. I was born and raised and still live in sioux falls and i can tell you this much, the sioux falls public schools along with Private school O'Gorman and even Brandon which is just a few miles away are superior to the rest of the state in football other than a once in a while type situation. i would disagree with you about the USD and SDSU comment. i do believe that helps football in the state but people that live in sioux falls will understand what im about to say, the University of Sioux Falls football program has been very intriguing to watch over the years because of how dominant they have been even though at the NAIA level. look into that programs past and i think you will understand how sioux falls football has really taken advantage of having a program like that in the city. It doesnt hurt now that sioux falls has two division two programs in USF and Augustana College. just my opinion though, im happy to see a hometown guy get the offer he was hoping for.
    sorry i should explain that comment, i think the move of those state universities to D1 did help but not as much as USF because USF has been great for a long time. SDSU and especially USD just moved recently to D1 so the impact although is going to be there, has probably not been fully seen yet. But yes, playin some good ball in SD.
    Whenever you think it can't get any worse for the huskers, just remember the glory days of Callahan.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by SUHper husker View Post
    Sioux Falls does have the top hs football teams in the State most years, but they aren't exactly producing tons of FBS or even FCS talent. Washington has had some good teams the last few years, but Roosevelt and OG normally have the top two programs in the State. I also agree with you about the USF/Augie comment. I don't see SDSU/USD receiving much support as compared with the two SF colleges given the size differences. Even when SDSU is doing well, they still have a hard time filling their 16k person stadium.

Regarding Gerry, its cool he got the scholarship offer he was wanting. I can't say I know much about him, but he does have some wheels. He has run a 10.7 in the 100 and is known for good hands. His dad is the Athletic Trainer @ Augie and is friends with the RB coach @ Mich St (former Augie coach), so along with them, IA, and Minnesota, he's definitely known in the B1G.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    Hah. After that, I can understand the reservations. We take what we've got and make the best educated guesses possible. I believe my words on Bailey were 'A matter of when, not if.' Happy to admit I whiffed on that.