Get HuskerMaxô on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Austins Newest bar

Society Crazy Indeed

Austins Newest bar

Called the Brew exchange.
    It is run like the stock market. They have a electronic ticker tape running around the bar with the beer prices on them. The more beer of one kind that is selling, the price goes up. If they have a beer that is not selling the price goes down and it adjusts as each beer is sold. Its fun and really different.

"Now back to the whole NYSE description; this new bar will have 72 beers (from around the world) on tap with the price of the rotating taps fluctuating based on supply and demand. Tell me that isnít a brilliant idea! If youíre a beer snob (like moi), be prepared to shell out some cash on those extra hoppy IPAs."

http://blog.championscrossing.lincol...ket-in-austin/

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Husker Fan

I like it.

That is a very cool idea for a bar.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

I don't drink my good friend as you know however, that sounds really cool...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Heisman

Pops, that DOES sound pretty neat - may have to put that on the list to try out on a trip down that way soon.

Extra cool Pops. you get cold beer and capitalism under one roof. are you sure this is not called Mitt's Place?

Big Red Fan!!!

That's a pretty cool concept.

Austins Newest bar

Guinness will be on sale often. Works for me.

Cool! Are IPAs popular down there? AND... can you get Shiner Bock on tap?

Up here, there are a few bars that try to have something other than swill on tap and I try to get to those. Once people realize Budweiser, Busch, Coors, and Miller are just yellow water, the better off the world will be.