Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: man u v man c...

Hybrid View

Husker Fan

man u v man c...

discuss!

Go City!

Too bad I can't play hooky from work but I'll try to follow the gamecast.

Rollin' Huskers
    Wherever our RV is parked - currently Lincoln Nebraska
    Glory Glory Man United !!! Go Red Devils !!!!!
    GBR
    Badger by birth - Husker by choice !!!

Early rumors have United playing a 4-5-1 today with Rooney as the lone striker and Park Ji-Sung coming into the 5 man midfield. GO UNITED!!

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerSoccer04 View Post
    Early rumors have United playing a 4-5-1 today with Rooney as the lone striker and Park Ji-Sung coming into the 5 man midfield. GO UNITED!!
    Early rumors were right... United make 4 changes and drop Valencia to the bench in a shock move in my opinion.

----------------De Gea-------------
    Jones---Ferdinand----Smalling----Evra
    Nani----Scholes--Carrick---Giggs---Park
    --------------Rooney---------------

And City make no changes from last week's line up

----------------Hart----------------
    Zabaleta---Lescott--Kompany---Clichy
    Barry----Toure-----Silva-------Nasri
    ---------Aguero------Tevez---------

Fergie playing not to lose...Smalling and Carrick up the middle has to have City licking their chops...'big game' Park I expected...then again Lescott is a liability for City....and Barry to me is too slow to be playing on a wing...

Tevez should not even be in the game of football in my opinion....

Early rumors were right... United make 4 changes and drop Valencia to the bench in a shock move in my opinion.

----------------De Gea-------------
    Jones---Ferdinand----Smalling----Evra
    Nani----Scholes--Carrick---Giggs---Park
    --------------Rooney---------------

And City make no changes from last week's line up

----------------Hart----------------
    Zabaleta---Lescott--Kompany---Clichy
    Barry----Toure-----Silva-------Nasri
    ---------Aguero------Tevez---------
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Fergie playing not to lose...Smalling and Carrick up the middle has to have City licking their chops...'big game' Park I expected...then again Lescott is a liability for City....and Barry to me is too slow to be playing on a wing...

Tevez should not even be in the game of football in my opinion....
    As soon as I heard the Park was coming in I figured Fergie would be playing not to lose. Talking to some friends the other day and I mentioned that I thought United would play for a tie this game and in their final game at Sunderland. If United lose the title they have no one to blame but themselves after they dropped points last week to Sunderland.

Not a vintage United side....lucky that the league is having a down year....

As soon as I heard the Park was coming in I figured Fergie would be playing not to lose. Talking to some friends the other day and I mentioned that I thought United would play for a tie this game and in their final game at Sunderland. If United lose the title they have no one to blame but themselves after they dropped points last week to Sunderland.

Been to Old Trafford with my uncle....any of you ever been their? Massive stadium....looks cool lit up at night as you approach it....

George Best and Bobby Charlton were the best two players I ever saw play....Roy Keane of the modern genration comes close....and Giggs and Scholes not far behind...on and Robbo.....the present team is not vintage United in my opinion....

One of my favorite stadiums was Portman road where Ipswich Town plays (we lived in Ipswich)....first Division 1 park I ever went to as a kid...quite something coming up the stairs into the stands....in those days we stood in the terraces and that was fun as the old long time fans would be there and I learned a buttload about the game as 12 or 13 year old from them....

EPL is having a down year....

Been to Old Trafford with my uncle....any of you ever been their? Massive stadium....looks cool lit up at night as you approach it....

George Best and Bobby Charlton were the best two players I ever saw play....Roy Keane of the modern genration comes close....and Giggs and Scholes not far behind...on and Robbo.....the present team is not vintage United in my opinion....

One of my favorite stadiums was Portman road where Ipswich Town plays (we lived in Ipswich)....first Division 1 park I ever went to as a kid...quite something coming up the stairs into the stands....in those days we stood in the terraces and that was fun as the old long time fans would be there and I learned a buttload about the game as 12 or 13 year old from them....

EPL is having a down year....
    Sounds awesome ... no I haven't been there but it is a life dream of mine. Keane, Charlton and Best are some once in a lifetime players that is for sure. Really hoping the Red Devils can pull it out against a favored City side.

I have some cool United and George Best videos from that era...Besty was simply the best player I have ever seen and I was very young at time so it left a lasting impression on me.......be glad to share them with you....Bobby Charlton was a favorite of mine too...he was/is in the Top five I have ever seen and the had arguably the best pure striker in the world in Dennis Law...

Sounds awesome ... no I haven't been there but it is a life dream of mine. Keane, Charlton and Best are some once in a lifetime players that is for sure. Really hoping the Red Devils can pull it out against a favored City side.

I have some cool United and George Best videos from that era...Besty was simply the best player I have ever seen and I was very young at time so it left a lasting impression on me.......be glad to share them with you....Bobby Charlton was a favorite of mine too...he was/is in the Top five I have ever seen and the had arguably the best pure striker in the world in Dennis Law...
    That'd be great! I won't be able to see today's game at all as I am in class until 3:30 so hopefully I can catch the last third of the game.

The best running blog (in-game) on the net to follow English games:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17899638

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign:927422
    Not a vintage United side....lucky that the league is having a down year....

Agree with that whole heartedly. Hopefully by next year they can be closer to that 'United' level.

Rollin' Huskers
    Wherever our RV is parked - currently Lincoln Nebraska
    Match needs a goal ......but only if it's by the REDS....... but I agree a Nil-Nil will suit me fine
    GBR
    Badger by birth - Husker by choice !!!

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED..CHEESEHED View Post
    Match needs a goal ......but only if it's by the REDS....... but I agree a Nil-Nil will suit me fine
    the odds would be +240 for a draw.