Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Green to Transfer

Scout Team
    Wow, this came out of left field... Although if anyone was going to transfer it was going to be AG. You could almost tell be the things he would say when interviewed. He is a talented back but I get the feeling he thought he was owed something. GBR and here's to Inman Cross being a solid thumper back. Now we need to get two back's in this next class IMHO.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    Just listenend to Sean Callahan on the radio this morning. He said that had the Spring Game been played, this may not have happened. Had AG gotten a lot of carries, the hoopla that resulted might have been enough to sustain him. Interesting opinion on the impact of losing the game.
    That's an interesting possibility. Looks like the Spring Game is important to someone other than just fans to sustain us through the long offseason.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by caNUfeelit View Post
    Yeah if you paid attention to his comments it made it pretty clear that if any of the three were gonna leave it would be him
    I was thinking the same thing.. maybe a bit spoild being the man in high school. Oh well - see ya.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    Just listenend to Sean Callahan on the radio this morning. He said that had the Spring Game been played, this may not have happened. Had AG gotten a lot of carries, the hoopla that resulted might have been enough to sustain him. Interesting opinion on the impact of losing the game.
    sounds like a headline monger

Red Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Yup....and Heard will be back with him this year....you can bank that....for very obvious reasons....
    I do not want Heard to move back. When he originally switched to DB, I said that he had a chance of working out like Prince did, but he also had a chance of working out like Culbert and bouncing around so much that he never saw the field. Let's be honest here, does anyone think this kid is going to see significant carries or PT at either position if they don't let him focus on one or the other? We have enough RB's on the roster. Rex is very durable and then we have Abdullah and Cross coming in this fall. Cross is a very physically mature kid for his age and should be able to fill in as a 3rd stringer while hopefully preserving his redshirt. Especially so if we're going to give Morrow some carries.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I hope it isn't because they were thinking of switching him to cornerback.
    Are you a troll or just that blinded by your obvious dislike of the coaching staff to the point it takes away your ability to see beyond that?
    Husker follower since 1962

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dead Redemption View Post
    You are correct and this saddens me. I need SBHusker to chime back in and tell us everything will be all right.
    I am not SBHusker, but Everything will be All Right!
    You never stand so tall as when you kneel to help a child.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by denisonred View Post
    Are you a troll or just that blinded by your obvious dislike of the coaching staff to the point it takes away your ability to see beyond that?
    Unfortunately, if you read his posts, the answer is yes.

Junior Varsity
    Would've loved to see him stay and wish him the best wherever he goes, but I just can't bring myself to lose any sleep over an alleged blue chipper who isn't willing to put in the work and earn playing time. For anyone longing for us to bring in more of the highly touted recruits, this is always one of the potential consequences.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMacHusker View Post
    Would've loved to see him stay and wish him the best wherever he goes, but I just can't bring myself to lose any sleep over an alleged blue chipper who isn't willing to put in the work and earn playing time. For anyone longing for us to bring in more of the highly touted recruits, this is always one of the potential consequences.

I don't think this is completely on the coaches, but burning all those redshirts and then Rex having the second to most rushing attempts in the big ten (Montee Ball was the only one in front of him and he played an extra game) seems kind of idiotic. Burkhead had a monster year, but it seems like we could have gotten those other guys some more attempts. Green only had 24 attempts. When Burkhead was a freshman he got 81 attempts. Granted we didn't have the log jam of talent that we had last year, but still. The conspiracy theory of Ron Brown being on his way out makes some sense too...Green actually had a pretty decent year running the ball. He just wasn't given it much. He was given the ball the least out of the 3 freshman backs (Abdullah 42 attempts, Heard 25 attempts, Green 24). Makes me real sad to see such a highly regarded recruit with a bright future leave. I don't know if we'll be fine, I don't know if we'll have bad years to come...but whatever way you spin it this is a huge loss for the program.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacHusker View Post
    What you trying to say...we shouldn't try for big name recruits anymore because they might transfer? Really?

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Best of luck to him. We will be fine.
    We keep saying that. We say it when the big recruit goes elsewhere. Now we say it when the 5 star talent leaves. We lose 4 games a year and our offense never really gets off the ground and we keep saying we'll be fine. I'm beginning to wonder.

Like GFOA you never waste a chance to bash Bo and this staff....FWIW knowing what I do this AM you are 100% wrong.....

Might as well face it Bo is going nowhere anytime soon.....

Huge loss? He hasn't done much if anything....so I disagree again....I'd rather have a kid who wants to be here....

Quote Originally Posted by rawkfanseth View Post
    I don't think this is completely on the coaches, but burning all those redshirts and then Rex having the second to most rushing attempts in the big ten (Montee Ball was the only one in front of him and he played an extra game) seems kind of idiotic. Burkhead had a monster year, but it seems like we could have gotten those other guys some more attempts. Green only had 24 attempts. When Burkhead was a freshman he got 81 attempts. Granted we didn't have the log jam of talent that we had last year, but still. The conspiracy theory of Ron Brown being on his way out makes some sense too...Green actually had a pretty decent year running the ball. He just wasn't given it much. He was given the ball the least out of the 3 freshman backs (Abdullah 42 attempts, Heard 25 attempts, Green 24). Makes me real sad to see such a highly regarded recruit with a bright future leave. I don't know if we'll be fine, I don't know if we'll have bad years to come...but whatever way you spin it this is a huge loss for the program.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    the days are gone of kids just sucking it up and working through the system and becoming a starter in their junior/senior year. yet another casualty of the instant gratification generation.
    That's it right there folks, in bold.

From his dad:

"I would like to say he learned a little bit of patience, because he's not a very patient person," Tony Green said. "It wasn't a problem with Rex (Burkhead) or anything, he thinks the world of Rex - he just wasn't happy. He didn't feel like he fit in their system."
    "Even hayseeds like ourselves get to put our 2 cents in now. Truthfully most of us could not coach ourselves out of a paper basket."
    ---Russian Red