Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Green to Transfer

Red Shirt

Green's transferring is very strange indeed and caught me completely by surprise. I guess Braylon Heard will be back in the fold at RB, or at least I hope that is what happens.

But...the ridiculous overloading of carries by Burkhead last year, and the lack of snaps for Carnes does lead one to believe that this coaching staff doesn't always make good personell decisions...but then again, I don't know the whole story.

#1 Husker Fan
    Truth be told Aaron is giving up his scholarship and transferring because of the possibility of him only being on punt returns once Mike Nobler started taking snaps at I-Back!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Best wishes to him

For every Cam Newton there are 10 Harrison Beck/Patrick Witt's....tell me how that turned out.... They both had allot of talent too....and Beck transfered twice...

Time to move on...he made his choice....we will be fine....

Quote Originally Posted by rawkfanseth View Post
    care to be more specific? It seems like you're trying to make the point that "he has done nothing for us yet so he will do nothing in the future if he were here." My point is he was very highly regarded by the recruiting analysts, who aren't right 100 % of the time but more often than not are, so we are missing out on a huge talent...which=huge loss. My point wasn't why he left..it was that many Florida fans probably saw he was transferring and thought "oh he hasn't done much so no big deal. Not a huge loss" just like you are now and then a couple years later he was amazing....which may or may not be how Aaron Green turns out.

There's no true way of knowing how much this will hurt...but I think he has a lot of talent it's a huge loss.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

I think that is a given BRO....

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedOhio View Post
    Green's transferring is very strange indeed and caught me completely by surprise. I guess Braylon Heard will be back in the fold at RB, or at least I hope that is what happens.

But...the ridiculous overloading of carries by Burkhead last year, and the lack of snaps for Carnes does lead one to believe that this coaching staff doesn't always make good personell decisions...but then again, I don't know the whole story.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Head Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    the days are gone of kids just sucking it up and working through the system and becoming a starter in their junior/senior year. yet another casualty of the instant gratification generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dead Redemption View Post
    You are correct and this saddens me. I need SBHusker to chime back in and tell us everything will be all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    A little Three Little Birds for you all! Put that rope down and get to work my friends!!
    Oh, I'm not despondent over AG leaving...

... it just pained me to admit that 57 was right about something.

Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    Sooooooooo....if there's a reason why the kid is leaving and folks are sitting on that info, then they shouldn't be criticizing folks for coming up with their own opinions....spit it out.
    +1, or the ones who themselves are speculating and getting upset at speculation from those whose speculation does not align. Positive or negative, this sort of thing is going to bring out opinions and to call someone out for being wrong when no evidence is out there to prove either right neither helps nor resolves a situation.

of course it is probably pay site info or it will be from someone who is within the program, either way no one will say anything. Although it would dispell rumors and hearsay

At this point would it really matter why he's leaving? AG already wants to leave so why make him answer for it?

All American
    I do NOT want to move Heard back to RB. I think that'd be unfair to Heard and his development. He has the potential to be a better CB than RB.

This means that Marrow will need to step up and take more carries.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    I do NOT want to move Heard back to RB. I think that'd be unfair to Heard and his development. He has the potential to be a better CB than RB.

Agree completely about Heard.

Marrow and the next guy in line behind Green/Abdullah. Time to develop some RB's.
    "Even hayseeds like ourselves get to put our 2 cents in now. Truthfully most of us could not coach ourselves out of a paper basket."
    ---Russian Red

The Walking Red
    Good luck to him. IMO it is good for us to lose him now. He's just another blue chip that doesn't have what it takes mentally to compete at this level.

Transfering isn't going to change that fact.

Now we have an open scholarship to give to a kid that hopefully will be tougher than Green.

Junior Varsity

Does this spell more of an opportunity for I. Cross? How close to ready will he be at the beginning of the season?

It is unfair to Heard...but I just keep thinking about that stud I saw in the high school highlight videos and that excites me......

Aghhh in all likelihood Green would have more carries this year and the chance to set himself apart from the pack. Reconsider Aaron!

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkfanseth View Post
    Aghhh in all likelihood Green would have more carries this year and the chance to set himself apart from the pack. Reconsider Aaron!
    Agree strongly. Reconsider, Arron, you are potentially one play away from starting this year! You will be used in each and every game, you will have the chance to prove what you can do. Transferring, sitting, learning still another offense seems to me anyhow a much more difficult path. Good luck to you either way. Hope you stay.
    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”
    Samuel Adams

Red Shirt
    I also think this may be a good learning opportunity for the coaching staff. I think in hindsight they will see the mistake of not redshirting the 3 freshman running backs. One is transferring and one has switched positions. I know they were in tough position, but they should have considered the risk they were taking. It would have been great to pull it off, but true freshmen don't always have what it takes to get to the next level that soon. That plus starting in a new conference threw a lot of unknowns into the equation. I think they may be a little more careful when it comes to burning redshirts. The freshmen RB's are talented, but there is no way you are going to keep them all happy sitting on the bench. When you have a kid like Green, who was so highly recruited and had so much success in HS, you can really blame him for wanting play time. But they also need to be mature enough to see they need to wait and develop to get on the field. His dad even said he's not a patient kid, and I think that is the key to why he didn't redshirt and why he is transferring. I wish him well, but I hope he finds out that life isn't about instant gratification. When you play football it's about the team, and what is best for the team, not for what an individual wants. Sorry to see a kid with this much talent leave the team, but I’d rather have a 3 star kid that works his butt of and knows he needs to earn playing time, then a prima donna who expects playing time. We will be fine, we are the BIG RED.

Aaron if he had patients would see he had a bright future and could of been the starter next year. Same as what he has if he transfers. So i too hope he can see this.

Blackshirt
    Start video at the 3:00 mark - AG is the RH upback in the diamond formation...just follow him down the field. Albeit he is WIDE open, his reaction to not getting the ball is very telling to me. Although an extremely talented kid, he always came across as a 'me first' kinda guy. All that said, I do wish him well at his next stop. I'm confident DONU will be just fine without him. GBR

Train Insane or Stay the Same! @TheRedOne80

Blackshirt
    Damn - well anyway, here's the link I'm referring to

http://youtu.be/SMmXo42xyqI

When the staff took three touted running backs in the same class I said this was the probable outcome. Burkhead having a big year. Even being talked about as a Heisman contender. Heard moved to defense. Marrow looking like a stud in practice. Cross coming in this summer. Seems as it happens every season. Too much talent at a single position and you have a defection or two. Nothing new for any big time program. Alabama loses Marrow and Nebraska gains. Nebraska loses Green and it's some other programs gain.

The Big Ten is a physical conference. Backs take a lickin in this league that coined the phrase "three yards and a cloud of dust". Maybe the staff learns a lesson of sorts. Maybe it just couldn't be helped. Nebraska still continues to have a plethora of talent at the running back position, even with Green moving on. Burkhead takes his final run, Abdullah is the speed back and Marrow adds another flavor. Cross gets a look. We have a handful of walkons as well. The sky isn't falling and it won't be the last time someone looks for greener pastures in this game. Just as Marrow got away from Bama. Green slips away from Lincoln.

Musical chairs is the game and you have to have a chair before the music stops. We have a Burkhead. We have Abdullah. I'm excited about Marrow and Cross has both size and speed. We have a stable full of quality walkons. Having lots of ammunition is better than the alternative and defections will happen again. Marrow has a lot of pent up football inside him and Green saw the writing on the wall as did Heard I'm guessing and I wouldn't trade Burkhead for anyone.

Blackshirt
    Truth is, we SCORED on that play -- compare AG's reaction to Kenny Bell's -- nuff said.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Incorrect statement...neither he nor his father said that...nor can you show that it is true....
    If he had 50+ touches last year he would still be a Husker...IMO. When he got a chance he had the goods. Maybe he was impatient but I do think Bo needs to get other people involved. We had some glaring examples last year when games were long decided and very few reps went to the next generation. Tom was the master at getting experience to the next wave and it paid off very well. We punish Rex with record carries this year and we just might be without him when it counts. Good luck to Aaron...I suspect he will get plenty of attention in the next few weeks.

Red Shirt
    Everyone heard it from the coaches, especially Brown, that he needed to work harder to get on the field. For whatever reason he wasn't ready to play more. I never like to see a kid transfer, but if he can't handle the situation, then it's better to see him go as opposed to being a poison pill on he team. Marques Dupree had no reason to be unhappy at Oklahoma, but he left behind what could have been an unbelievable career. People transfer for different reasons.
    Nebraska Football
    I don't know any other way to live...