Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Green to Transfer

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I hope it isn't because they were thinking of switching him to cornerback.
    Are you a troll or just that blinded by your obvious dislike of the coaching staff to the point it takes away your ability to see beyond that?
    Husker follower since 1962

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dead Redemption View Post
    You are correct and this saddens me. I need SBHusker to chime back in and tell us everything will be all right.
    I am not SBHusker, but Everything will be All Right!
    You never stand so tall as when you kneel to help a child.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by denisonred View Post
    Are you a troll or just that blinded by your obvious dislike of the coaching staff to the point it takes away your ability to see beyond that?
    Unfortunately, if you read his posts, the answer is yes.

Scout Team
    Would've loved to see him stay and wish him the best wherever he goes, but I just can't bring myself to lose any sleep over an alleged blue chipper who isn't willing to put in the work and earn playing time. For anyone longing for us to bring in more of the highly touted recruits, this is always one of the potential consequences.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMacHusker View Post
    Would've loved to see him stay and wish him the best wherever he goes, but I just can't bring myself to lose any sleep over an alleged blue chipper who isn't willing to put in the work and earn playing time. For anyone longing for us to bring in more of the highly touted recruits, this is always one of the potential consequences.

I don't think this is completely on the coaches, but burning all those redshirts and then Rex having the second to most rushing attempts in the big ten (Montee Ball was the only one in front of him and he played an extra game) seems kind of idiotic. Burkhead had a monster year, but it seems like we could have gotten those other guys some more attempts. Green only had 24 attempts. When Burkhead was a freshman he got 81 attempts. Granted we didn't have the log jam of talent that we had last year, but still. The conspiracy theory of Ron Brown being on his way out makes some sense too...Green actually had a pretty decent year running the ball. He just wasn't given it much. He was given the ball the least out of the 3 freshman backs (Abdullah 42 attempts, Heard 25 attempts, Green 24). Makes me real sad to see such a highly regarded recruit with a bright future leave. I don't know if we'll be fine, I don't know if we'll have bad years to come...but whatever way you spin it this is a huge loss for the program.

What you trying to say...we shouldn't try for big name recruits anymore because they might transfer? Really?

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Best of luck to him. We will be fine.
    We keep saying that. We say it when the big recruit goes elsewhere. Now we say it when the 5 star talent leaves. We lose 4 games a year and our offense never really gets off the ground and we keep saying we'll be fine. I'm beginning to wonder.

Like GFOA you never waste a chance to bash Bo and this staff....FWIW knowing what I do this AM you are 100% wrong.....

Might as well face it Bo is going nowhere anytime soon.....

Huge loss? He hasn't done much if anything....so I disagree again....I'd rather have a kid who wants to be here....

Quote Originally Posted by rawkfanseth View Post
    I don't think this is completely on the coaches, but burning all those redshirts and then Rex having the second to most rushing attempts in the big ten (Montee Ball was the only one in front of him and he played an extra game) seems kind of idiotic. Burkhead had a monster year, but it seems like we could have gotten those other guys some more attempts. Green only had 24 attempts. When Burkhead was a freshman he got 81 attempts. Granted we didn't have the log jam of talent that we had last year, but still. The conspiracy theory of Ron Brown being on his way out makes some sense too...Green actually had a pretty decent year running the ball. He just wasn't given it much. He was given the ball the least out of the 3 freshman backs (Abdullah 42 attempts, Heard 25 attempts, Green 24). Makes me real sad to see such a highly regarded recruit with a bright future leave. I don't know if we'll be fine, I don't know if we'll have bad years to come...but whatever way you spin it this is a huge loss for the program.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    the days are gone of kids just sucking it up and working through the system and becoming a starter in their junior/senior year. yet another casualty of the instant gratification generation.
    That's it right there folks, in bold.

From his dad:

"I would like to say he learned a little bit of patience, because he's not a very patient person," Tony Green said. "It wasn't a problem with Rex (Burkhead) or anything, he thinks the world of Rex - he just wasn't happy. He didn't feel like he fit in their system."
    "Even hayseeds like ourselves get to put our 2 cents in now. Truthfully most of us could not coach ourselves out of a paper basket."
    ---Russian Red

Starter
    Agree.
    "Even hayseeds like ourselves get to put our 2 cents in now. Truthfully most of us could not coach ourselves out of a paper basket."
    ---Russian Red

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dead Redemption View Post
    You are correct and this saddens me. I need SBHusker to chime back in and tell us everything will be all right.
    A little Three Little Birds for you all! Put that rope down and get to work my friends!!

I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    And you would know he felt "misused" how exactly? Since when does the "talent" get to determine how they are used??
    Maybe underused...you choose the wording. Truth is we just lost an extremely talented running back for no other reason that he felt like he was not being given an opportunity to play, even when games were long decided. This is one area that Bo could learn a lesson from Tom. Maybe he wasn't good enough...we'll see. You can be there will be a fair number of BCS schools lining up to take a chance on him.

Incorrect statement...neither he nor his father said that...nor can you show that it is true....

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerpilk View Post
    Maybe underused...you choose the wording. Truth is we just lost an extremely talented running back for no other reason that he felt like he was not being given an opportunity to play, even when games were long decided. This is one area that Bo could learn a lesson from Tom. Maybe he wasn't good enough...we'll see. You can be there will be a fair number of BCS schools lining up to take a chance on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Like GFOA you never waste a chance to bash Bo and this staff....FWIW knowing what I do this AM you are 100% wrong.....

Might as well face it Bo is going nowhere anytime soon.....

Huge loss? He hasn't done much if anything....so I disagree again....I'd rather have a kid who wants to be here....
    I didn't lay all the blame at Bo's feet, but I do think Green not getting many touches played a role in it. Maybe Green is dead set on transferring and there is nothing Nebraska could have done, but I don't think giving him extra touches especially at the end of blow out games would have hurt. Yes, I will classify this as a huge loss because this was an extremely talented young man and you can't write him off as untalented just because he hasn't done anything yet. He is a freshman and he has only carried the ball 24 times. Cam Newton didn't do jack at Florida his freshman year and then went off to Auburn and had the best season ever for a QB in the SEC. You truly never know.

From what I learned late last night the bold below is correct...

He has done nothing yet...so for Nebraska not a huge loss except it leaves a hole at RB....Heard thus will move back.....pretty obvious that will happen...

We all know why Cam Newton left Florida...theft and grades....

Transfering is always risky...allot of guys are never heard from again....

Quote Originally Posted by rawkfanseth View Post
    I didn't lay all the blame at Bo's feet, but I do think Green not getting many touches played a role in it. Maybe Green is dead set on transferring and there is nothing Nebraska could have done, but I don't think giving him extra touches especially at the end of blow out games would have hurt. Yes, I will classify this as a huge loss because this was an extremely talented young man and you can't write him off as untalented just because he hasn't done anything yet. He is a freshman and he has only carried the ball 24 times. Cam Newton didn't do jack at Florida his freshman year and then went off to Auburn and had the best season ever for a QB in the SEC. You truly never know.

All Legend
    The kid has options and he's taking them...good for him.

#1 Husker Fan
    I too can say that the reason Aaron supposedly left had nothing to do with NU doing anything wrong.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    From what I learned late last night the bold below is correct...
    care to be more specific?
    He has done nothing yet...so for Nebraska not a huge loss except it leaves a hole at RB....Heard thus will move back.....pretty obvious that will happen...
    It seems like you're trying to make the point that "he has done nothing for us yet so he will do nothing in the future if he were here." My point is he was very highly regarded by the recruiting analysts, who aren't right 100 % of the time but more often than not are, so we are missing out on a huge talent...which=huge loss.
    We all know why Cam Newton left Florida...theft and grades....
    My point wasn't why he left..it was that many Florida fans probably saw he was transferring and thought "oh he hasn't done much so no big deal. Not a huge loss" just like you are now and then a couple years later he was amazing....which may or may not be how Aaron Green turns out.

There's no true way of knowing how much this will hurt...but I think he has a lot of talent it's a huge loss.

All Legend
    Sooooooooo....if there's a reason why the kid is leaving and folks are sitting on that info, then they shouldn't be criticizing folks for coming up with their own opinions....spit it out.