Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Green to Transfer

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Really?....its going to happen....

Abdullah is not a newbie....
    Exactly my friend. There is a reason he got the majority of the snaps of the triplets last year.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BARNUM:927088
    The conspiracy theory side of me makes me think that this might be and indicator that Ron Brown is on his way out - when AG committed, it was all about faith and RB was a major player. This homesick story just sounds bogus
    Interesting...

Yup....and Heard will be back with him this year....you can bank that....for very obvious reasons....

Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Exactly my friend. There is a reason he got the majority of the snaps of the triplets last year.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Founding Father
    I think our coaching staff determined game play by practice tapes and in year one of Becks offense Rex was the guy getting it done. It had been reported this spring that year 2 was making everyone better and I expected Green would show great improvement. Really surprising and sad... I can't see this turning out any better in the long run for Aaron considering his year he has to sit. He would have been poised to be number one in a year or so had he stayed here...... just sad.

Red Shirt
    Looks like jmatlock had it right back in Nov. I hope the rest of his perdiction doesn't pan out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Red Shirt
    There's only one football and let's face it no matter what anyone says Rex is going to carry the bulk of the load again next season.
    I wish the young man luck in finding a school who can use his talents in a way he'll be comfortable. More than likely Bo and company probably regret not redshirting one of the three freshmen backs last year. There are a few guys on the roster who'll see this as an opportunity and they'll surface this fall.
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

Tough to pitch playing time to the high caliber recruits if they rarely see the field. I think they should have let Green roll....Abdullah fumbled A LOT at the worst times, which is odd considering he was the one they trusted when we needed consistency and Rex was out. Hindsight? Sure, but from the tape I saw of Green compared with Abdullah...come on. I think Ameer is good but none of the backs pass protected all that well so that leaves the basics...pass catching out of the backfield and running the ball. Green is faster and had good hands...he weighed more too. We pushed HAAAARD for Green and he peaces out 2 weeks after spring ball? If Ron Brown leaves/gets fired that puts us in a very tight spot regardless of your views concerning his personal life.

This doesn't mean its the end of the world but you're fooling yourself if you think these things don't hurt. IF and I mean IF kids are transferring because they believe they're better than the guy ahead of them then we're in big trouble; going to be tough to discount, since most of the transfers so far have been on the offensive side of the ball.

Maybe this just seems worse because of the Bailey commitment to Illinois this past week

I am NOT saying that NU didn't want him, anyway. As a matter of fact, I think it is quite the contrary. There are IMO reasons he didn't get the carries he thought he deserves. I thought he just had a hard time getting the ball out INTO space. He had a hard time getting through traffic IMO and often got tackled one on one. When he did get it out there, he did OK, but it was disappointing to see him tackled in traffic for most of his carries.

I think this is a VERY foolish move and that this has a better chance to turn out like D'angelo Evans than really well for him. I guess I can see why he thinks the big 12 is better for him because the field is more spread out there. But, as many mentioned, this just doesn't seem logical because of the sitting out a year and he WILL have competition.

I hope he reconsiders and stays. There is no doubt he would get more carries this year because the coaches have already said they want to take some of the pressure off Rex. If he hangs in there I think it would work out better for him staying put. All it takes is an unfortunate injury to Rex and he would get at least 40% of the carries at least IMO.

It was his choice not to redshirt, and that was a foolish move. As his dad said, he just doesn't have much patience, and that is why, I think, it could turn out unfortunate for him in the long run.

There must be more to it than what is heard so far. I mean, come on, they moved a very good, competitive back to the defense. That seems to certainly help his chances greatly for future carries. He's GOT to see that. Where's he going to go that there are not upper classmen ahead of him?

I wonder if a girl back home has something to do with this, also. This has me puzzled.

I will be sick to my stomach if Texas or Oklahoma picks him up......and he becomes an All-American or GOD FORBID...his new team with him starting beats us in a game.

Outside of that GOOOD LUCK!!! I would have much rather seen highlights of him in Husker gear

Quote Originally Posted by RedEd View Post
    I am NOT saying that NU didn't want him anyway. There are IMO reasons he didn't get the carries he thought he deserves. I thought he just had a hard time getting the ball to space. He had a hard time getting through traffic and got tackled one on one.

I think this is a VERY foolish move and that this has a better chance to turn out like D'angelo Evans than really well for him. I guess I can see why he thinks the big 12 is better for him because the field is more spread out there. But, as many mentioned, this just doesn't seem logical because of the sitting out a year.

I hope he reconsiders and stays. There is no doubt he would get more carries this year because the coaches have already said they want to take some of the pressure off Rex. If he hangs in there I think it would work out better for him. All it takes is an unfortunate injury to one Rex and he would get at least 40% of the carries at least IMO.

It was his choice not to redshirt, and that was a foolish move. As his dad said, he just doesn't have much patience, and that is why I think it could turn out unfortunate for him in the long run.
    What are you talking about!!!! I knew everything at 18......although I find it odd that I know more now than I did then BUT STILL I knew everything.

Red Shirt
    This is so disappointing. AG is very talented and I expected him to get more opportunities this year.

Husker Fan

the days are gone of kids just sucking it up and working through the system and becoming a starter in their junior/senior year. yet another casualty of the instant gratification generation.

Junior Varsity
    Just listenend to Sean Callahan on the radio this morning. He said that had the Spring Game been played, this may not have happened. Had AG gotten a lot of carries, the hoopla that resulted might have been enough to sustain him. Interesting opinion on the impact of losing the game.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Head Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    the days are gone of kids just sucking it up and working through the system and becoming a starter in their junior/senior year. yet another casualty of the instant gratification generation.

You are correct and this saddens me. I need SBHusker to chime back in and tell us everything will be all right.
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrollsker View Post
    I will be sick to my stomach if Texas or Oklahoma picks him up......and he becomes an All-American or GOD FORBID...his new team with him starting beats us in a game.

I really doubt that he ends up at either OU or Texas. I don't remember OU recruiting him much out of high school, and I think Texas is pretty happy with their current running backs.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)