Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Green to Transfer

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by abominable snow man View Post
    Not surprised, there's boatload of talent at running back. Reminds me of the old days.
    Not really, just Rex and Ameer.

Wrong....Heard will move back to RB from what I am being told and Cross will be here in June...and Marrow will more than likely become the goal line big back...

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign:927077
    Wrong....Heard will move back to RB from what I am being told and Cross will be here in June...and Marrow will more than likely become the goal line big back...

I was really looking forward to seeing what Heard could do at corner. It is what it is... Good to have the talent available to fill the void

#1 Husker Fan
    Once again, we will be fine.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Once again, we will be fine.
    I will be back in an hour to re-iterate this....
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks neither his dad, brother or Bo wanted him to leave....bottom line is there is more to this then folks know about or realize and it doesn't sound like it was anything Nebraska did wrong....

"It was a very difficult decision for him," Tony Green said. "He's very tight with his brother (Andrew Green) which made this even more difficult. It's also been difficult on me and his mother. We really wanted him to stay, but in the end he had to make his own decision. It's not mine to make. He's got to be happy. It just wasn't meant to be for him and he's got to make his own decision."

Tony Green said Aaron is looking at Oklahoma, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU and Houston as potential transfer options.

Tony Green said it was very difficult on Pelini to see Green leave, because he showed so much promise this spring.

"Coach (Pelini) didn't want him to leave and I didn't want him to leave," Tony Green said. "Towards the end though (Pelini) was pretty understanding of his decision."

Maybe the hardest part though was for Aaron Green to break the news to his older brother Andrew Green, who is currently a junior cornerback for the Huskers.
    "I would like to say he learned a little bit of patience, because he's not a very patient person," Tony Green said. "It wasn't a problem with Rex (Burkhead) or anything, he thinks the world of Rex - he just wasn't happy. He didn't feel like he fit in their system."

Much more here:

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1360525

Well I wish him the best but it'll be especially painful if he becomes a star elsewhere.

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    You think they will jerk Heard around like that just to get limited playing time? I doubt it.

The others are all newbies though, after all.

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerpilk View Post
    Not the kind of stuff you like to see happen. Talent leaving feeling like they are being misused.
    And you would know he felt "misused" how exactly? Since when does the "talent" get to determine how they are used??
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Green Transferring

The conspiracy theory side of me makes me think that this might be and indicator that Ron Brown is on his way out - when AG committed, it was all about faith and RB was a major player. This homesick story just sounds bogus

Really?....its going to happen....

Abdullah is not a newbie....

You think they will jerk Heard around like that just to get limited playing time? I doubt it.

The others are all newbies though, after all.

I won't argue that at all....

Quote Originally Posted by BARNUM View Post
    The conspiracy theory side of me makes me think that this might be and indicator that Ron Brown is on his way out - when AG committed, it was all about faith and RB was a major player. This homesick story just sounds bogus

He doesn't....

Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    And you would know he felt "misused" how exactly? Since when does the "talent" get to determine how they are used??

5-Time National Champion
    Can't hardly blame him since our coaches seem unwilling to let anyone other than the starters play (see Taylor and Rex) at key positions.
    Exactly.