Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Green to Transfer

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    For those of you buying into the nonsense that it isn't about the playing time and are quoting his father or others, please look at what Aaron had to say about last year on April 13, 2012 (17 days ago):

That speaks volumes, doesn't it? And, his Dad's reference to him being impatient....what do you think he's impatient about? GETTING ON THE FIELD, PLAYING TIME! It is NOT about the offense. That's probably some trumped up excuse that someone asked him to use to cover themselves.
    It does speak volumes, he says it motivated him to get better not to transfer and actually EARN playing time. Maybe you should read what you post.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    Please see post 177 for your evidence. And, your other argument...that Ameer should be mad, is just plain comical.
    So AA beats out AG for the #2 spot, yet it is comical that he should be mad yet makes sense that AG is mad? So AG's 5* high school talent entitles him to be mad? So you feel the players should be able to dictate playing time by threatening to leave and the 5* #3 is more entitled to being mad than the 4* #2, and you are the one leading the fire Pelini charge? Maybe you should read my post, I didn't say AA should be mad I asked someone to explain why AA isn't mad when AG is. Maybe someone without an agenda would be capable of doing that.

Husker Immortal
    Every player should aspire to play their best and if that means they are good enough to see the field, they should play harder. If you are lower in the rotation, you should be playing to push whoever is ahead of you. The team improves as everyone is committed to playing their part and pushing and encouraging the others. If you are going to whine or complain about playing time and can't contribute to the team goals, then leave so you don't become a negative influence on the others.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Not exactly. If he redshirted last year the year he takes off next year would be a year of eligibility. by the end of his career he would have only had three years of college football.

As it is now he already played one year, sits next year and gets to play three more.

Maybe he or others would see last year and a "nothing" year but he DID get to play a year of college football.

AND having already sat a year...sitting a 2nd straight year would definitely make me think twice if it were me.
    I see what you are saying, but he was gone regardless of if he played last year or redshirted. And in his mind he didn't play last year and it was just a throw away year. In his eyes he is only having 3 years of college football....thus why he chose to leave so he could get 3. One of his thoughts was if he stays he's behind Rex for another year and he only gets 2 years of football and he's still splitting time...

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Every player should aspire to play their best and if that means they are good enough to see the field, they should play harder. If you are lower in the rotation, you should be playing to push whoever is ahead of you. The team improves as everyone is committed to playing their part and pushing and encouraging the others. If you are going to whine or complain about playing time and can't contribute to the team goals, then leave so you don't become a negative influence on the others.
    Absolutely, that is the way it should work. but i worry that there are not enough highly talented 18-19 year-olds in today's instant gratification ethos that will realize that is is the right path so that NU can build a championship level program with this approach. I hope it works and I would rather have NU try and fail than to go all Calipari on college football, but occasions like this are disparaging

Recruit
    From everything I've read, it seems like Pelini is tweaking the offense once again to a style that doesn't fit Green's talent. If he can't get on the field under Pelini, then it's best for him and Nebraska to transfer. The most disturbing thing about this is after 5 years it really doesn't seem like we have an offensive identity yet.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by jikastew View Post
    I take solace that it was Aaron leaving, not Andrew. So, even I can take a positive out of this. I have a feeling Andrew will progress into a very very nice CB.
    If I had my choice to loose either of the two it would be Aaron. Andrew has a different work ethic to himself and continues to work hard to getting better rather than twitting and texting how "he's looking out the window wondering what if" during the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers

Intellectual Patriot
    Sounds like a girl.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    No offense, but the redshirt thing neither works in his favor or against it. Whether he had redshirted this year or not, he will be a RS Sophomore wherever he ends up in his first year of playing...

6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other....
    NM
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Husker View Post
    Obviously this isn't good news, but Aaron Green has basically been a petulant child since he stepped foot in Lincoln. At this point I don't really care where he ends up.

That said, it cannot be understated how badly Pelini & Co. botched the roster management last year. Absolutely awful from start to finish.
    Get over it. What would you have Pelini do.

1. Sit Rex Burkhead and let them get more snaps for the sake of getting snaps.

2. Redshirt B.Heard after he has already sat out one year trying to get eligible. Who knows what condition he would have been had he had to sit out 2 years before seeing the field again.

3. Ameer Abdullah showed he had fire in his feet the first time he got the ball in his hands and was one of the best returners in the country last season as a true freshman.

4. Aaron Green was the RB recruit for the class, 5* prospect, #3 RB in the country out of high school behind Malcom Brown (Texas) & James Wilder Jr (Florida St) whom both received playing time this past season.

Many tend to forget how thin we were behind Burkhead and Helu last season as far as guys who were able to contribute on the field. Aaron was showing that he had the talent to come in right away and play. We got Ameer at the last minute in fear that Heard would not qualify academically. Braylon qualified just before the summer.

This gave us a problem I don't mind the huskers having every year. 3 talented guys whom all wanted to play and possessed the skill to do so. Each were learning a new system from our new OC. Burkhead had the only playing experience at this level and was a hell of an athlete himself as well as a workhorse. How do you fault the staff for trying to keep his players happy and give them a chance to showcase their worth. Is it his fault that none of the triplets were able to distant themselves for the other two. Each had their faults that hindered the team just a bit (AA with his fumbling, BH with his injury, & AG not feeling he was in the right place).

Again, get over it. The staff did what they could with the talent we had. Each wanted to play, and each were making a case for themselves to get in the game over the other, who would you have redshirted with all doing the same thing practice.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Wow. Do you have anything to back that up?
    If you followed his twitter and/or seen him around campus, he expressed it from time to time. Not boldly but he did express it.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMacHusker View Post
    It does speak volumes, he says it motivated him to get better not to transfer and actually EARN playing time. Maybe you should read what you post.
    Hate to say this but GFOA is right here. AA's main concern was getting on the field. He was frustrated with not being on the field. Yes he wanted to EARN playing time but when he doesn't see that coming then the transfer part came to play. At the end of the season, it looked like Ameer was merging to become the #2 behind Burkhead, if you go by the carries and when he was being put in the game. Heard was recovering from a injury and towards the end of the season he expressed to the coaches he would like to try his hand on the defensive side so in the offseason they made the switch for him. He wouldn't have done that had he thought that he was the leading back up.

I'm trying to find the article/interview when Bo or Beck was giving raves about Ameer and his steps he was making during the spring. It almost sounded like they were hinting that he would be the lead back up with Green behind him.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post

+1

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    I see what you are saying, but he was gone regardless of if he played last year or redshirted. And in his mind he didn't play last year and it was just a throw away year. In his eyes he is only having 3 years of college football....thus why he chose to leave so he could get 3. One of his thoughts was if he stays he's behind Rex for another year and he only gets 2 years of football and he's still splitting time...
    He will always split time no matter where he goes. Not even LaMichael James, as electrifying as he was, split time with other backs. What you are saying is he is leaving because he doesn't want to compete, then he doesn't need to be here there. Nothing is going to be handed to him. He has to prove himself. The 5* status ended when he signed his letter. At that point its time for you to show that you are worthy of being 'the man'. Next season looked like it was being set up for he or Ameer to relieve Rex much more than last season given that Heard was switched to CB and Rex was sat through much of spring even though he didn't have a significant injury. The staff were trying to build something in his young RBs so that when Rex departs we aren't in a rebuilding process when them.

Using your formula that he wanted 3 seasons not splitting time, seems like he had his plan ahead of the team plan and that's not the type of players Bo likes to put on the field anyway, maybe that was what hindered his playing time last season. He didn't show any faults on the field much, no injuries, just maybe that was a factor.......

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    He will always split time no matter where he goes. Not even LaMichael James, as electrifying as he was, split time with other backs. What you are saying is he is leaving because he doesn't want to compete, then he doesn't need to be here there. Nothing is going to be handed to him. He has to prove himself. The 5* status ended when he signed his letter. At that point its time for you to show that you are worthy of being 'the man'. Next season looked like it was being set up for he or Ameer to relieve Rex much more than last season given that Heard was switched to CB and Rex was sat through much of spring even though he didn't have a significant injury. The staff were trying to build something in his young RBs so that when Rex departs we aren't in a rebuilding process when them.

Using your formula that he wanted 3 seasons not splitting time, seems like he had his plan ahead of the team plan and that's not the type of players Bo likes to put on the field anyway, maybe that was what hindered his playing time last season. He didn't show any faults on the field much, no injuries, just maybe that was a factor.......
    Playing time was not the major factor on him leaving, it just helps him justify it in my opinion. He didn't want to be here in the first place from what i'm hearing.

Anywhere he goes, he's not going to be the everydown back. I agree, DeMarco Murray split time at OU, Texas has Malcolm Brown and sprinkles in others.

He will have to work hard wherever he goes, and he wasn't doing that at Nebraska. Maybe that will change with a change of scenery, or being closer to home, or in a new system, or whatever. Bottom line is, if you don't want to be here, in the end it is in both parties best interest not to be here, so it is what it is...