Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Green to Transfer

The Walking Red

Aaron Green to Transfer

http://nebraska.rivals.com/default.asp

Best of luck to the young man, sorry to see him go before he had a chance to mature.

Green Transferring

http:// http://www.nebraska.rivals.com/

I think its paid content, but the headline is all you really need. Sean Callahan is reporting it.

Going off the discussion in the recruiting forum looks like they'll be looking to take two backs now.

Too bad. I really thought he was gonna develop into somethin special this year. From his comments since he's been here I always got the impression he had a hard time transitioning from being the man in high school...just my interpretation though.

Good luck to him and I hope it works out for him. Tough to lose him though.

Junior Varsity
    Does that mean Braylon Heard moves back to I-back then?
    Sheople, n.; pl. sheo'pel

1 People who prefer a state of comfortable unconsciousness, regardless of their race, religion,nationality, culture, language or economic status..

2 People that are unaware of their own ignorance regarding the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by statman29 View Post
    Does that mean Braylon Heard moves back to I-back then?
    Unless he's earned a spot in the two deep, absolutely.

More.

Sophomore running back Aaron Green has decided to transfer from Nebraska according to is father Tony Green. - http://t.co/6KOzUQyY #huskers -- Sean Callahan (@Sean_Callahan)

Just confirmed Sean Callahan's report. Aaron Green, #Huskers sophomore RB, indeed transferring, according to father Tony Green. -- Steven M. Sipple (@HuskerExtraSip)
    . According to his father, Green would like to go to an offense where he's used more in space. -- Sean Callahan (@Sean_Callahan)

Husker Immortal
    And then there were two (ex-freshmen) running backs.
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

Red Shirt
    Not the kind of stuff you like to see happen. Talent leaving feeling like they are being misused.

Starter
    Can't hardly blame him since our coaches seem unwilling to let anyone other than the starters play (see Taylor and Rex) at key positions.

cant say this is a real shock....sucks though

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    Can't hardly blame him since our coaches seem unwilling to let anyone other than the starters play (see Taylor and Rex) at key positions.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw11:927026
    cant say this is a real shock....sucks though
    Yeah if you paid attention to his comments it made it pretty clear that if any of the three were gonna leave it would be him

This transfer I have to admit I am extremely disappointed in....the timing really sucks and i could go on.......

Sean Callahan
    @Sean_Callahan
    Sophomore running back Aaron Green has decided to transfer from Nebraska according to is father Tony Green.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan
    Looking for Green to land on his feet in the Big 12. He's looking at Baylor, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, TCU and Houston.

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip
    Just confirmed Sean Callahan's report. Aaron Green, #Huskers sophomore RB, indeed transferring, according to father Tony Green

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan
    According to his father, Green would like to go to an offense where he's used more in space.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Immortal
    If you counted up all the RB carries last year that weren't Rex, it wasn't a bad number for a backup, but to divide that number by three meant someone was going to feel shorted.
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

Disagree....

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Sorry, but this has home sick written all over it.

Why leave now? He was 2A/2B with Ameer, heading into his sophomore season. After one more season, he'd have every chance to be the clear cut number one back. He would've had solid reps this season, and two more seasons as a potential every-down back.

If he wants more playing time, sitting a year for a transfer doesn't make sense. Green didn't even want to red shirt.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    If you counted up all the RB carries last year that weren't Rex, it wasn't a bad number for a backup, but to divide that number by three meant someone was going to feel shorted.
    Guess so, 24 carries for a big time Texas recruit evidently isn't very satisfying. Oh well, we did get Rex the record for most carries in a game (even if he just came in to kneel for it).

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120413/BIGRED/704139827
    Green, often the more outspoken of the two friends, has been antsy to begin this season since the end of last season. The five-star recruit from San Antonio got just 24 carries and one reception last year. Abdullah got 42 combined carries and catches. Burkhead got 305.
    "I felt like I should have played more last year," Green said. "I knew I was good enough. It was frustrating. Out of my control. So I just prayed about it. And in the offseason — every squat rep, every bench rep — I was thinking about getting on the field. And what I would do. I was really motivated to improve. Catching. Running routes. Running outside. Running inside. Everything."

#1 Husker Fan
    Best of luck to him. We will be fine.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    Sorry, but this has home sick written all over it.

Why leave now? He was 2A/2B with Ameer, heading into his sophomore season. After one more season, he'd have every chance to be the clear cut number one back. He would've had solid reps this season, and two more seasons as a potential every-down back.

If he wants more playing time, sitting a year for a transfer doesn't make sense. Green didn't even want to red shirt.
    I believe there IS far more to this than we know...but, I don't believe it has anything to do with being home sick.

Red Shirt
    Wow. Didn't see this coming.

Short & stout, no more 3 & out!-HuskerGene