Get HuskerMaxô on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Nice Interview: Catching Up With Joe Mathis: Update: Huskers Still #1 for him

Thumbs up Nice Interview: Catching Up With Joe Mathis: Update: Huskers Still #1 for him

An interview he gave to a Michigan blog after his visit to Nebraska....after reading this interview I'm think we may have a better than average shot at him even if his cousin Cravens goes to USC as expected...no decision expected anytime soon....he has said this in other interviews....

Me: Do you have a top-5?

Joe: No, itís Michigan and Nebraksa and thatís it.

Me: What was the biggest difference between Nebraska and Michigan?

Joe: Michigan, I only got to spend a little time with the coaches, but at Nebraska, I spent a lot of time with the coaches.

Me: Do you think itís realistic for you to come play football all the way out in the Midwest?

Joe: Yeah, I really want to leave California. I wanna play in the Big Ten.

Me: So is it true that Nebraska is your new #1?

Joe: [Laughing] Yeah, itís true. It felt like home, you know. Michigan was cool, I got a lot of love from the fans and stuff, but the coaches -- I needed to spend more time with them. Three hours that Friday night werenít enough.
    Me: When do you plan on deciding?

Joe: Umm, I wanna decide at one of the All-American games, but not during the season because the recruiting might get too hectic. Iím not sure yet, but time will tell.
    Much more here:

http://hokesmadmagicians.blogspot.co...oe-mathis.html
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

As of today after his visit to UDub.....

The Huskers remain his No. 1 team.

“Nebraska is still the top school,” Mathis told 247Sports. “I spent a lot of time with the coaches. I felt welcome and at home. And one of my favorite players went there — Ndamukong Suh.”
    http://sports.omaha.com/2012/04/30/r...d-for-star-de/

Travel Squad
    Would love to see him become the next sack machine at UNL.

Red Shirt
    I would love to see him go with his top school now and end his recruiting early so he can concentrate on his Sr. season.

Junior Varsity
    +1, and crush the hopes of his second chioce.

Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    I would love to see him go with his top school now and end his recruiting early so he can concentrate on his Sr. season.
    ďIf ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.Ē
    Samuel Adams

Any word on this guy? See rivals still has us rated as one of his top three.

#1 Husker Fan
    Like our chances alot, although he just publicly re-opened his recruiting from his top 3 to this top 10. Translation in my mind is USC is not going to be offereing him. But what do I know. Its documented from many sources that grades may be an issue. But if you ask me, its to early to mention that. But in closing, we are very much in it.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesnít matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Like our chances alot, although he just publicly re-opened his recruiting from his top 3 to this top 10. Translation in my mind is USC is not going to be offereing him. But what do I know. Its documented from many sources that grades may be an issue. But if you ask me, its to early to mention that. But in closing, we are very much in it.
    Dont think this is not related...

The grade issue became known a month or so ago...and you are correct....

Talking JUCO route....

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    Dont think this is not related...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    The grade issue became known a month or so ago...and you are correct....

Talking JUCO route....
    Yep.

I believe we talked a sign and place situation with him at somewhere like Iowa Western

Red Shirt
    What's the chances of him commiting to a school with lower admission requirements? With the opportunity for summer classes and his Sr. year in school ahead of him you'd hope he could help his situation.