Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: N. Clouse talks recruiting on Sport Nightly (4-27-12: Bailey & new QB options etc.)

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    120,151

    Thumbs up N. Clouse talks recruiting on Sport Nightly (4-27-12: Bailey & new QB options etc.)

    Some good stuff....

    ---Aaron Bailey's decision to commit to Illinois was a shocking one in his opinion....real surprise....Nebraska felt they were in the driver's seat for him and leading the pack....sort of baffled by this decision....

    ----How soild is the commitment?....in his opinion knowing Aaron and his family, he would be completely shocked if they opened things back up....expects him to stay committed to Illinois....

    ---Who should fans be paying attention to at QB for Nebraska?.....Braydon Scott (who does not have a Husker offer, but REALLY likes Nebraska) from Oklahoma....more a pass first run second mold....Tim Beck is still evaluating him and wants to make sure he can fit into the system and run the option.......and of course Damion Williams from Louisiana....under the radar right now....very mobile...but more of a pass first run second type of guy....these are the top two targets on our board....(I know my friend HIO loves Braydon Scott).....

    ---Offered Skai Moore 3*** LB out of Fort Lauderdale FL.....showed really well at camps and is picking up steam on the recruiting front....would fit in well.....since Afalava and Brown are looking more and more like academic nonqualifers....(he did not use the actual names however, that is who he is refering too)

    ---Also an offer to 3-star Athlete Delton Williams from Eire (Erie Catholic H.S.), PA....outstanding athlete....Huskers wants him as a safety or DB....same High School that Coach K. went to and his dad coached at the school so a Nebraska coaching connection....serious offer....the Huskers want him....going to be tough as he has a load of offers...will visit Nebraska....looking good for the Huskers at this point though.....

    ---Who is close to commiting? Really thought it was going to be Aaron Bailey until he threw everything for a loop....but beyond that....Zac Hannon OL from Rockhurst High School in KC, Mizzou....teammate of Michael Rose...has made a handful of visits to Lincoln and has loved every visit....could well be the next Nebraska commit....

    http://www.huskers.com/AudioArchives.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    120,151
    Scott may perhaps be the best option at QB because from all I have heard/read he would commit if offered....

    No offer from OU or OSU....but some pretty good offers....from BCS schools....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  3. #3
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    117,049
    will keep hoping for the best

  4. #4
    Scout Team
    N2FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Scott may perhaps be the best option at QB because from all I have heard/read he would commit if offered....

    No offer from OU or OSU....but some pretty good offers....from BCS schools....
    Add me as someone who thinks Brayden Scott is now the best option at QB. IMPO he will get an offer after he camps with Nebraska this summer. After watching film of all of the QBs Nebraska has made a strong push for such as Malik Zaire, Aaron Bailey, Matt Alviti, JT Barrett, Tyler Cogswell, Damian Williams and others, it is my personal opinion that Brayden is the best "passer" of the bunch. Tim Beck likes his QBs to be a threat running the football as well, and I feel Scott is enough of a threat to run his offense.

    Scott has offers from schools like Tennessee, Arkansas, Clemson and Missouri. He also has offers from schools with coaches like Mike Leach and Rich Rodriguez, guys who know a thing or two about passing offenses.

  5. #5
    Big Red Fan!!!

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,454
    Hey RR, Do you have any idea what Michael Minter is going to do? I saw that he has 4 offers but I read that he really wanted to go to NU. Just curious.

    http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Minter-14751

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    120,151
    I expect him to be a Nebraska commit this fall UNLESS he totally blows what Bo and his dad expect from him....I would be surprised if he does that because he wants to be a Husker very bad...

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFanz View Post
    Hey RR, Do you have any idea what Michael Minter is going to do? I saw that he has 4 offers but I read that he really wanted to go to NU. Just curious.

    http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Minter-14751
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    120,151
    No argument from me as I like him too.....offer could even come sooner (pardon the pun ) in my opinion....don't be surprised if Beck visits him during the evaluation period over the next few weeks.....the thing is Williams is no better runner....so in a sense its a no brainer....

    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    Add me as someone who thinks Brayden Scott is now the best option at QB. IMPO he will get an offer after he camps with Nebraska this summer. After watching film of all of the QBs Nebraska has made a strong push for such as Malik Zaire, Aaron Bailey, Matt Alviti, JT Barrett, Tyler Cogswell, Damian Williams and others, it is my personal opinion that Brayden is the best "passer" of the bunch. Tim Beck likes his QBs to be a threat running the football as well, and I feel Scott is enough of a threat to run his offense.

    Scott has offers from schools like Tennessee, Arkansas, Clemson and Missouri. He also has offers from schools with coaches like Mike Leach and Rich Rodriguez, guys who know a thing or two about passing offenses.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Some good stuff....

    ---Who is close to commiting? Really thought it was going to be Aaron Bailey until he threw everything for a loop....but beyond that....Zac Hannon OL from Rockhurst High School in KC, Mizzou....teammate of Michael Rose...has made a handful of visits to Lincoln and has loved every visit....could well be the next Nebraska commit....

    http://www.huskers.com/AudioArchives.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100

    Michael Rose better keep working on his buddy Zac Hannon because he really likes Missouri. I know he has made plenty of visits to Nebraska and it appears that we are in good shape. Even if he does commit, this could go all the way to signing day. Scroll down near the bottom of the article.

    http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/29...ng-ground.html

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    120,151
    Mizzou in the SEC....not a good match in my opinion....they are going to be taken to the woodshed....

    They can work on him to get him to Mizzou....good luck....I like our chances with Michael Rose on him...

    Yeah they have nine commits as the article points out....two 4-stars and 7 3-stars....that won't cut it against the likes of Alabama 10 commits....(one 5-star, seven 4 stars and two 3 stars), LSU (, Florida etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by TFrazier View Post
    Michael Rose better keep working on his buddy Zac Hannon because he really likes Missouri. I know he has made plenty of visits to Nebraska and it appears that we are in good shape. Even if he does commit, this could go all the way to signing day. Scroll down near the bottom of the article.

    http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/29...ng-ground.html
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •