Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fonzo's sad slide

Blackshirt

Fonzo's sad slide

Not drafted. Not on the radar. I think teams would take a high school corner at this point. Unfortunate that he put himself in this position. Cost him millions.
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

pray for me ;)
    8th best player available right now according to Kiper.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Intellectual Patriot
    The severity of the charges he is facing are really hurting. I would not be surprised to see him not drafted at all.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Husker Fan

if they would take that guy from UNA, they should take Fonzo. double standard here.

Intellectual Patriot
    Who are you talking about? And does he have pending charges?
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    if they would take that guy from UNA, they should take Fonzo. double standard here.
    The kid from UNA is physically a lot better than Dennard. That kid started off at Florida before landing at UNA. Before the charges he was no better than a 3rd round pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go somewhere at the end of the 5th round now.

The charges are hurting him but only by a round or two. What's hurting Dennard more is the fact that he was frequently injured throughout the season and then got injured again during the Senior Bowl practices.
    Don't do a drug you find in Oakland. Ever.---The Oral History of the Big 12

The UNA kid is a better player and did not have as serious criminal history. Drug possession is not as serious as felonious assault on a police officer.

Blackshirt
    He will make a team but has a LOT of proving to do.

At this point, it's probably better for Deanrd to go Free Agent. He can clean up the criminal matter, then have his choice of where he might land rather than being held captive by a team that might have a DB logjam.

Blackshirt
    Wasn't Fonzo projected a late first, second rounder at one point? Wonder if Crick and Fonzo would have been better off coming out as juniors?

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilLongfellow View Post
    At this point, it's probably better for Deanrd to go Free Agent. He can clean up the criminal matter, then have his choice of where he might land rather than being held captive by a team that might have a DB logjam.
    Disagree. Financially and security wise, free agency is a disaster.

Intellectual Patriot
    based on the injuries and where they were last year at season end, they gave up a lot of $

I love fan mail.

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    8th best player available right now according to Kiper.
    I don't see that on ESPN. I don't see him listed on TV during the draft coverage.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post
    Wasn't Fonzo projected a late first, second rounder at one point? Wonder if Crick and Fonzo would have been better off coming out as juniors?
    No doubt about it. They were both projected 1st or 2nd round a year ago by multiple sources.

While Dennard's injuried may have cost him slightly (none were season-ending or career threatening), it was definitely his run-in with the law that caused him to slide this much. No way was he a 5th round or later pick two weeks ago. He truly did cost himself millions.

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post
    They both cost themselves a ton of money by not coming out as juniors, particularly Dennard. I still don't think Crick would have been a first rounder if he'd come out as a junior. Despite his production last year he would have still been physically the same guy he is this year and he's just not fast. He doesn't have a fast enough first step off the ball to be a first round NFL draft pick once the scouts got him at the combine.

Dennard was a first round pick last year for sure. His injuries and the lack of production this past season really have hurt him. The stupidity last week hurt him more.
    Don't do a drug you find in Oakland. Ever.---The Oral History of the Big 12