Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fonzo's sad slide

Red Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by SWVAHusker View Post
    They both cost themselves a ton of money by not coming out as juniors, particularly Dennard. I still don't think Crick would have been a first rounder if he'd come out as a junior. Despite his production last year he would have still been physically the same guy he is this year and he's just not fast. He doesn't have a fast enough first step off the ball to be a first round NFL draft pick once the scouts got him at the combine.
    I have to disagree a bit on Crick. I think he moves pretty well for a guy his size. I don't think he projects well at DT in the NFL, but he could be a monster DE in a 3-4 scheme. The thing that has hurt him the most is that he is projected as a DE in the NFL, so he has a transition to make.

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    The Skins taking Cousins really made me mad....what a waste
    They just cut QB Beck
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

Red Shirt

If he goes it'll probably be in round 7 when the majority of the guys picked don't make NFL teams. At this point Dennard is a huge, huge value pick out there for somebody. I doubt he gets sentenced to jail time.
    Agreed. Given the fact that the officer wasn't seriously injured, I would guess he'll get probation and a fine. He wasn't in any other trouble at NU, so I hope he gets things straightened out and learns from this. The Bears could use a good value CB!

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post
    They just cut QB Beck
    Good riddance. There are people on this board who are better QB than John Beck.

This draft has gotten me wondering where Taylor Martinez projects as an NFL prospect. I think he can play in the NFL if he doesn't do what Crouch did and insist on being a QB.
    Don't do a drug you find in Oakland. Ever.---The Oral History of the Big 12

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by G33K View Post
    Agreed. Given the fact that the officer wasn't seriously injured, I would guess he'll get probation and a fine. He wasn't in any other trouble at NU, so I hope he gets things straightened out and learns from this. The Bears could use a good value CB!
    Actually that fight with Jefferies in the bowl game started some teams wondering about Dennard's character. If this latest thing was the only thing out there about Dennard I don't think it would have hurt him this much. Combine his past injuries with character questions and this is what you get.

EDIT: Your Bears just took a CB but it wasn't Dennard. It was some kid from Nevada.

This is really sad. Even though he did it to himself, I feel sorry for Dennard at this point.

#1 Husker Fan
    I think the only chance Dennard gets picked is if the Patriots take him in one of these last two picks. They have a need using 20+ people in their secondary last year and that locker room is known for taming character issues. Other than this, I dont really see him getting picked.(Ravens maybe?)
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Group B
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    The severity of the charges he is facing are really hurting. I would not be surprised to see him not drafted at all.
    Pete Carrol will take him.
    That's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English! - Johnny Ringo.

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    I think the only chance Dennard gets picked is if the Patriots take him in one of these last two picks. They have a need using 20+ people in their secondary last year and that locker room is known for taming character issues. Other than this, I dont really see him getting picked.(Ravens maybe?)
    Washington needs a CB badly. I think Dennard will be taken it's just that every team doesn't want to be the team who gambles too much. The Redskins have one more pick in the 6th round and two in the 7th round. As we saw last year, the Redskins scout Nebraska significantly. Marty Schottenheimer's kid was the Redskins scout responsible for looking at Nebraska kids last year, I'm not sure who scouted Nebraska this year.

Group B
    Quote Originally Posted by G33K View Post
    I have to disagree a bit on Crick. I think he moves pretty well for a guy his size. I don't think he projects well at DT in the NFL, but he could be a monster DE in a 3-4 scheme. The thing that has hurt him the most is that he is projected as a DE in the NFL, so he has a transition to make.
    Crick should play well in Houston's 3-4 and hybrid defense Phillips runs. Watt is playing well at DE and think Crick has some of the same skills that has made Watt successful.
    That's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English! - Johnny Ringo.

Blackshirt
    The Raiders and Jets don't seem to mind character issues. Maybe Fonzo ends up with one of them.

Good call on pete Carroll too
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post
    They just cut QB Beck
    harrison beck?

Husker Fan
    Good riddance. There are people on this board who are better QB than John Beck.

This draft has gotten me wondering where Taylor Martinez projects as an NFL prospect. I think he can play in the NFL if he doesn't do what Crouch did and insist on being a QB.
    But at least Crouch wasn't afraid of contact. What position would you put Martinez where he could avoid contact? Punter or PK?

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    But at least Crouch wasn't afraid of contact. What position would you put Martinez where he could avoid contact? Punter or PK?
    holder for PATS.

Red Shirt
    Well they just went past the 200th selection

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmy View Post
    Crick should play well in Houston's 3-4 and hybrid defense Phillips runs. Watt is playing well at DE and think Crick has some of the same skills that has made Watt successful.
    Yeah, I'm excited to see Crick in Houston, they play on TV almost every sunday down here.