Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New email scam.. no longer Nigerian O.O

Starter

New email scam.. no longer Nigerian O.O

Receive this email today.. HOLY COW are they getting desperate!!

Can I Trust you?

Col Jerome.C.Lewis [fcampos@regioxxxxx.xxx]Categories: Friday, April 27, 2012 9:54 AM

I am Col Jerome.C.Lewis, in the American army, presently in Iraq among peace keeping force.

During the raid of the Saddam Hussein hide out, which was also where he kept funds and valuables, I successfully smuggled out a box containing $15.5 million, which I have moved out of Iraq through a diplomatic channel.

The funds is presently in the custody of a securities and finance company in Europe. I want to move finally to safe bank
    account or place through a reliable person.

I have kept this money for so long but right now that President Barrack Obama is serious about moving us (the last troop) out this 2012 as against the planned June 2013, I need to get this cash out ASAP.

If you are willing to assist me in the deal, urgently contact me through this address for further details.

Regards,
    Col Jerome.C.Lewis

Good for a Friday laugh!

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

I have kept this money for so long but right now that President Barrack Obama is serious about moving us (the last troop) out this 2012 as against the planned June 2013, I need to get this cash out ASAP.
    It's all Obama's fault!!

Sitting just quietly under the cork tree, smelling the flowers
    I like how he said he got the money out to Europe already, but then closes saying he needs to get it out of Iraq ASAP.

Also, would like to know which securities and finance firm in Europe is not a safe place (i.e.- less safe than a random person on the intergoogle that responds to his scam email).

I'd like to meet this guy's English/grammar teacher and slap her/him in the face.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

This seems legit. CC if you're not interested let me know, and I'll be happy to email the Colonel and send him my bank account numbers. Hopefully there will be some sort of finder's fee in it for me.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Recruit
    I got contacted last year by a supposed Japanese woman whose husband was a UN doctor in Pocatello, Idaho, and wanted me to help her collect $500,000 of her divorce settlement. I was sure there were no U.N. doctors working in Pocatello, so I looked up the name of the doc and found the Brianna Shunshi japanese divorce collection scam. About the same time, one of my daughters was contacted to be an English tutor for a British couple travelling in the US; were going to pay her $60/hour for about 3 hours a week this coming summer. Sounded okay, until one email said they were going to pay her in advance, and it would be a little more than what they agreed to pay her. As soon as I saw that, I had her look up the details of this person online and found it was a variation of the "Nigerian Tutoring Scam."
    "I'm not allowed to argue with you until you've paid."

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by One Man Jury View Post
    I got contacted last year by a supposed Japanese woman whose husband was a UN doctor in Pocatello, Idaho, and wanted me to help her collect $500,000 of her divorce settlement. I was sure there were no U.N. doctors working in Pocatello, so I looked up the name of the doc and found the Brianna Shunshi japanese divorce collection scam. About the same time, one of my daughters was contacted to be an English tutor for a British couple travelling in the US; were going to pay her $60/hour for about 3 hours a week this coming summer. Sounded okay, until one email said they were going to pay her in advance, and it would be a little more than what they agreed to pay her. As soon as I saw that, I had her look up the details of this person online and found it was a variation of the "Nigerian Tutoring Scam."
    I'm here in Poky. Why didn't I get a chance like that? What's amazing, there are those out there who fall for this crap.

All Legend
    the fact that some people fall for these is scary
    Just because I rock doesn't mean I am made of stone

Quote Originally Posted by unmartin View Post
    The grandkid in jail in mexico scam that is being run on old folks is unfortunately catching a lot of vulnerable adults. In addition, the yellow page scams are getting a lot of small business owners.

Head Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by unmartin View Post
    No kidding. Although I admit if I hadn't already purchased stock in Pioneer Aviation, I might've fallen for it.
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Scout Team
    I just won a Free iPad 3! SWEEET! You people that think these scams are fake, but I GUARANTEE you this one is for REAL! I have won 7 of them already and as soon as one gets mailed to me I will take a picture and post it here!

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by CrnhskrBob View Post
    I'm here in Poky. Why didn't I get a chance like that? What's amazing, there are those out there who fall for this crap.
    If you want, I can probably put you in touch with "Brianna.". Once I realized what was up, I told HIM that I could start his collection action for $50,000 cash payment up front. Haven't heard from him since.
    "I'm not allowed to argue with you until you've paid."

Habitual Line Crosser
    I'm throwing money at the screen and nothing's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post
    You have to slide it in the slots on the side or front of your computer. It worked for me. Now I'm waiting for my returns.
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post
    Mail it to me and I will put it into the computer for you. Be patient, I was robbed during a cab ride and I am stuck in a 3rd world country prison and I have to get someone to bring my Visa to me.....once that is taken care of I will help you!

Just tried to get my blu-ray burner to read my credit card. Placed it on the tray like I was instructed to. Closed the door. Then the door opened, the card was gone, my computer tower turned red, and the monitor started chiding me in Russian. Should I worry?

I believe him, yo. I don't know why, but I do.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Jury View Post
    Why would a British couple need an English tutor?

Husker Immortal
    I subscribed to a Russian Mail Order Bride offer that was "buy two, get one free." Now I have three beautiful D cup Siberian women drinking all my vodka and yelling at me in Russian. Any suggestions?
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    I subscribed to a Russian Mail Order Bride offer that was "buy two, get one free." Now I have three beautiful D cup Siberian women drinking all my vodka and yelling at me in Russian. Any suggestions?
    Get them Russian tutors.